Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Facebook
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »
what were you in Neil as Guttersloh and Larbuch were mainly RAF camps I think.

Royal Engineers at Nienburg (believe that closed after I moved) and likewise Iserlohn.
Did the 2 RAF stations as part of our committment to keep the air fields open should the Russians drop bombs on them.

cozy

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2011, 09:07:30 pm »
Neil, I have a huge firm here that has the whole British forces carpet contract. He is 100% carpets, no window stuff. Has 5 staff and alot of help from "Mates" in the right places. He has all of the estate managers as mates and they recommend him. We have more private stuff and alot of recommendations for upholstery cleaning. There are a few other Brits too but about the same size as me. This is a very compact market, so we have started to really steam into the German market again now.

The Army will be gone in about 5 to 10 years, we need to break away now. We are in Herford and work Paderborn, Gütersloh, Bielefeld,  Detmold, Bünde etc etc. About a 40 mile radius.

The Facebook page was a custy's idea last year. she created it and helped to explain how it worked. We learned how to advertise and where. It started to earn after about a week.

I'm not a Facebook type of person, but if it earns and it's free, I'm interested. Like I said, I'll put a link up with all the basics on so people can get the same. It's fantastic for areas where you work, you just advertise upto the radius you work.

Cannon. I have the old system at the moment for carpets, the newer window cleaning page is the new format. Go for that business page system. Here's a link to my window page......

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BFG-Window-Cleaner/173066676064366?v=wall

By the way, groups will be archived soon, and you have more options on a business page.

cannon

« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
Not sure if they a regional or national org but my local business link who help new and existing businesses with support offer training courses full day or half day something like that, and there FREE!

One of the courses is in using social media for your business im getting a call back on monday for more info.

cozy

« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »
Cool, go for it mate. Any help concerning advertising must be good. I like freebies too, so I'd go for that. ;)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »
Where is the private message facility ?

cozy

« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:07 am »
Effective ways to use your Facebook page.

Find local groups and club pages in the area you work. These could be riding clubs, pet clubs, sport clubs  hobby clubs etc etc. It’s a good idea to PM  the admins of these pages before you post on the wall. I tell them who I am and what we do, and that I would like to post an introduction to see if any of their members are interested in my service.
When they reply saying “Thanks for asking, go ahead” you then need to post something like this:

CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING Quotes are FREE. Why not join our group for future reference. We work within 40 miles of Blogton. You can call us on 052251 3499 8925 or on our Facebook page.http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=217388302773
Or e-mail us at info @ blah blah blah

I’ve got about 20 groups where I post every week at least, on some groups where there is a lot of traffic, you could post more regular than a week, perhaps twice or three times a week. Be sure not to overdo it and end up looking like a spam artist!!!

With a bit of work, you can get quite good at finding groups. Type in your local town in the search box in Facebook and see what comes up. If you have a few friends on Facebook, click on their info page and sometimes you can see what groups they are members of.
After a short time you will have enough groups to advertise in, then your page will get very busy.

When you start to get requests for prices posted on your wall by members, I’ve found the best way to respond is by using the PM facility. As you know, pricing is normally done on site and is difficult  to do without seeing the job. I explain this via a PM and post under the request saying “PM’d you” so other members can see I’ve read the request and have reacted.

They can’t see a price and that stops people thinking you are too expensive etc. If you did do a quote, for example a square foot price, people can be shocked or they measure their room incorrectly and expect a huge bill, or even worse, they expect to pay pennies. So to avoid all that, don’t post prices.

I’ve found that within about a week of opening our page, work stated to come in on a regular basis. At the time of writing this, we get about 500 to 1200 pounds worth of work from Facebook requests. So there’s no reason why you can’t get more. The market we target with this is very limited because it’s the English page and is aimed only at Brits living within our area in Germany. I would expect a lot more work if we were using this system in the UK.

PM's. You can't see the Private Message button on your own page. If you click on "Account" at the top left of your page, then copy that link in the browser, you can post on your wall, "To PM me, please follow this link" and paste it.

It's a good idea to keep your business page seperate from your private page, because you don't want your members to see what you chat about with your mates, or that you like to cross dress and be called Mandy at the weekends. So open a new Facebook account for your firms page.

VERY IMPORTANT!!

Noboday is interested in what you post on your wall. When you get members, they wont go to your page every day or every year for that matter. They become members (Or fans) for future reference. It's not twitter. The only thing you need to post on your wall is perhaps a few before and after pictures or your PM link.
You want your wall full of requests for quotes and stuff like that.

The theory that if you post, it will appear on your members "News feed" and generate interest from other people. No it doesn't. People look at a Facebook site for different reasons, only kids and young 13 year old girls watch carefully what their mates have been doing on Facebook, adults generally don't bother.

If people see too many posts on their news feed from you, you could start to get on their nerves and you get your members "Unliking" your page.

As far as I know, I've only picked up new members after I've posted an advert. Never noticed people joining my page by tripping over it, if you know what I mean.

I think that's about covered it. My e-mail is on my profile, and if you wish to donate to the "Keep Cozy in beer for life" fund, just e-mail me for my bank details.

Thank you, I'm here all week. ;D

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »
I could only find one local group,
however it was for a group of holiday home owners with 30 members,
have emailed their admin and await a reply, could be helpfull.

Andrew

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andrew-Briscoe-Cleaning-Services/106343672787702

cozy

« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2011, 10:06:40 pm »
Good, just need to fine tune your search a bit. Ideas come easier as you go on. If you advertise with flyers or in local mags, always put "Find us on Facebbook" on there. Just stick at finding the groups.

garyj

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 11:00:54 pm »
That's a really helpful post cheers Cozy  8)

Rick Ward

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2011, 10:58:36 am »
Has anybody encountered difficulties setting up their page??

Paul Simpson

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »
Another band wagon jumper  ;D
"Liked" all those on this thread, would appreciate the same. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clean-Living-Services/276723409375

derek west

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »
done

Graeme@Access

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »
Hi,

All FB links so far have been like by me and my co so please do the same on:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Access-Cleaning-Solutions/195517950475199?sk=wall

Thanks

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions
PS see the Twitter thread also =P

derek west

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:50 pm »
done

cozy

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2011, 01:19:05 pm »
Another band wagon jumper  ;D
"Liked" all those on this thread, would appreciate the same. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clean-Living-Services/276723409375

If you want your Facebook page to be of any use at all mate, you'd better hope none of your recent customers go on there and read what you post about them.
I'm sure the they will be really happy to read that you were surprised that someone  "was living there".Can't see any of them recommending you if they do. Or do you only want a page on Facebook with a hundred "Likes" from other carpet cleaners? What use is that?

Paul Simpson

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2011, 03:50:20 pm »
"Mate" didn't know we knew each other.........................but thanks mate ;)

I do intend to make use of it, not just "likes"

As for that comment on there, I don't see how its particularly offensive, I did not point out who or where it was and like I said don't think its being rude either.
Maybe we think differently!

derek west

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »
don't worry bout it paul, no address or name so its all good. keep gettiong the likes then you can get your vanity name. all helps to future proof your website.

cozy

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »
No it don't help at all. Nobody apart from other carpet cleaners is useless to you.

It doesn't show an address of where the carpet was, but if the customer goes on there and sees what you posted, I bet they wont refer your service to anyone will they. (Paul)

Never mind mate, at least it's not my company that could suffer through a blunder like that. Good luck with your page.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2011, 04:22:46 pm »
Let me paint a picture of that particular job.
Middle aged spinster, on her own (apart from dogs), house was completely cluttered with junk, no computer (that I see) and not the kind of person who looked like they have a big group of affluent friends, yes "billy no mates". Now I'm being rude  ;D

So to be perfectly honest I don't think she will see it online. Don't think she is the kind who will recommend me, despite it being a good job.
And by the looks of it prior to cleaning it hadn't been touched in 5-10 years so don't expect her to get it done regularly either.
Not that I see anything wrong with the comment anyway.