This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

We were bang on
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »
Just to comment that having seen the website we surmised absolutley what the business model was.Got it in one. so to speak.To say no one came close is rubbish.

I do respect what you are trying to do, and having seen a bit more of it think you are making quite a good job of it.I also understand why you locked the topic.I would have locked it much sooner.

Further improvements will most probably come from your customers, the wc's, suggestions.One suggestion i would make is a gold standard accreditation.This would go on the side of vans as a transfer. Holder of the xxxxx gold standard for window cleaning.Nat's quite good at logo's and transfers.

I am very tempted to analyse the business model but as you are happy that you have all of the insights that you need i will leave it at that.

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: We were bang on
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:17 pm »
I've just read the strict criteria for the "professionals" yet all the operators on the website are wearing jeans & trainers! ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »
I don't understand the franchising bit on the website at all. It would seem that you get a fully kitted out van in Pryors livery for just over seven grand? Water supplied (could be a long drive for me).

If you don't get a van then it would appear all you get is a hose reel, a pole, a tank some training and a stack of leaflets to find your own work.
Presumably Lee will then cream some money from all your work too?

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:07:30 pm »

Mike_G

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:35 pm »
I've just read the strict criteria for the "professionals" yet all the operators on the website are wearing jeans & trainers! ;D

I agree, those photo's with the guys wearing jeans look anything but professional

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »
site looks ok apart from thoose bad pic, with gypo jeans bad moves get them changed kwik
keep it simple

MJHolmes

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:50 pm »
Ive seen window cleaners around my area, dressed in trackies and hoodies...not good do you agree ???????

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »
So is this the big idea... been out all day so i think i've missed something  ???

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:22 pm »
So thats it all you professionals ..NEVER wear trainers to work   sheeesh

:o
You can't polish a turd

Neil Gornall

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:54:37 pm »
Is part of the criteria that each window cleaner HAS to use Ionics gear?

If not why is the logo there? Is that not misrepresentation?

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:00 pm »
I think thats just what Lee uses
You can't polish a turd

Mike_G

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
So thats it all you professionals ..NEVER wear trainers to work   sheeesh

:o

Hardly the point is it? I'm not trying to market myself as the complete pro, nor trying to sell a franchise for over 7k These guys are trying to sell the complete package and looking like they do in the photos does not back up the literature on the website. Its not a criticism its just an observation that they might well want to take notice of....

Mike_G

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »
Why are you all trying your hardest to find faults and undermine what this guy is doing.....
He should be appluaded for his enthusiasm and dedication,not put down because of his achievements or amibitions.
 ???

Who's putting him down? OK some are, but I think the uniform point is valid and its not a criticism I think it would look more professional if the guys all wore the same uniform, after all the picture which shows the vans are all the same so why wouldn't somebody as a potential customer not expect this very professional company to have a standard uniform, unless the uniform is infact a pair of jeans and trainers!  and I'm sure very soon the site will be updated with pictures of the operatives wearing a uniform of some description, which is matching

Mike_G

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »
Why are you all trying your hardest to find faults and undermine what this guy is doing.....
He should be appluaded for his enthusiasm and dedication,not put down because of his achievements or amibitions.
 ???

Who's putting him down? OK some are, but I think the uniform point is valid and its not a criticism I think it would look more professional if the guys all wore the same uniform, after all the picture which shows the vans are all the same so why wouldn't somebody as a potential customer not expect this very professional company to have a standard uniform, unless the uniform is infact a pair of jeans and trainers!  and I'm sure very soon the site will be updated with pictures of the operatives wearing a uniform of some description, which is matching

There you go then...... ::)

So some has become all has it?

mci services

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »
People are entitled to their opinion he is not doing this for free, he will be making money from whoever signs up to this, and if anyone takes up the franchise offer a lot of money, So he can only expect criticism the same as any other profit making company would.   

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 08:44:29 pm »
Dan
People come on here for advice and feedback.You put your leaflet, website, or business plan up, and you get hints on how it could be done better.What we are mostly talking about are details and i'm sure these points will be taken on board.

What might be overlooked is what dave said about wc's.There was a big project on here before.Everyone agreed the fed was rubbish and something better was needed.The PWA was born, it had big ideals, big prices, and some big heads.It was a fiasco and folded.

In business great ideas don't always work.The segway is the most common example, they are brilliant on all levels but at 5k nobody wanted one.I use something called a roomba- out of this world- but hardly anyone else agrees.These are products that everyone should have- but don't.

Mike_G

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »
 ???

::)...... ok let me rephrase for the old women on the forum....

"Why are SOME OF YOU trying your hardest to find faults and undermine what this guy is doing.....
 ???"

Now that's much better, thanks.

Do you not agree though that if the guys in the photo's doing the work had matching uniforms it would look better? And as I said, I fully expect them to to do just that when they get the chance, it seems obvious these are the guys that turned up for the meeting and they just took a few snaps to see how things would look

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 08:52:35 pm »
 ???

"Why are SOME OF YOU trying your hardest to find faults and undermine what this guy is doing.....
 ???"

Do you not agree though that if the guys in the photo's doing the work had matching uniforms it would look better? And as I said, I fully expect them to to do just that when they get the chance, it seems obvious these are the guys that turned up for the meeting and they just took a few snaps to see how things would look

I'm not talking about the guys who turned up for the meeting but the guys in all the pics of the main website!

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:18 pm »
 ???

???"

I'm not talking about the guys who turned up for the meeting but the guys in all the pics of the main website!

I figured they must be the same? Perhaps Jeans and pumps is their uniform then...

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »
DAN

You seem to have some involvement but are not afraid to talk about this.So i was wondering as someone on the insside what exactly the deal is.The radio campaign drives peps to the website and a quote is asked for.Say this is in your area and you are the local operator.Do you play lee a flat multiple of the job value, a percentage every time, a fixed yearly sum, or a combination of all three?