Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rick Ward

Re: Assaulted
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 06:19:23 pm »
personally I would have tried a bit of mediation- the manager should do that, that's surely the professional  way. What's all this aggressive talk, 8) 8) try spreading some love 8) 8)

Johnny B

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 06:36:10 pm »
I agree with you Rick, that we should be mild mannered, not aggressive.

Sometimes the only thing you can do is to walk away. You can only try to be reasonable, but some people just will not reciprocate.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jista

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 07:43:20 am »
I agree with you Rick, that we should be mild mannered, not aggressive.

Sometimes the only thing you can do is to walk away. You can only try to be reasonable, but some people just will not reciprocate.

John.

the bigger of the men trys to grap me ,i turn and defend my self with the pole .
i then run off with all 3 after me ,telling they are going to kill me .

edward1

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 08:45:50 am »

now ive calmed down .im tempted to go back and finish the job .i cant stand  the feeling of  intimidation.

the work is quite valueable at 360 a visit .i have worked for this housing association since i started as a wc ,so 20 yrs .and they are my biggest customer.a lot of the managers have been assaulted over the yrs and they are behind me .

the only thought i have though ,is that they may stab me in the back or something.

think ill have to walk ,but it doesnt sit with me  very well.
  if i do go back and something happened ,i may get done .they may say i did a pre-mediated attack .as i certainly would be ready.

the housing mnger and an anti social behaviour rep r going to serve a good behaviour notice on them tommorow so ill let you know what happens.

im going back to work today ,do some of my domestics .

H S and Son

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 08:49:03 am »
360 ?

£60?

If you do that I would suggest that you speak to the facilities manager and tell him/her you're not prepared to clean the gorillas cage but all the others are fine.

Intimidation and assault are very real crimes despite some on here making out they'd behave similarly with disagreeable customers.

edward1

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 08:53:39 am »
 its a £360 job .yes i dont get to many of them .and i can live without the money .but its not good .

and rick ,i was calm with them .i could see straight away how crazy they were .so i apologized several times and asked them what they wanted me to do .im sure they were going to try and mug my money belt .as when they were walking towards me one of them was saying "you r going to dig deep now"
.my biggest concern was to take them away from my son who thank god they didnt go near .they were after the money.thats why i kept them in eye shot. in case i had to defend him.
 they r scum

Ian101

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:14 am »
sounds like a sitdown is needed ... you, them and someone from the H/A ... usefull for straightnening things out in situations like this (or even worser situations)

they prob calmed down now and worried about getting kicked out.

just have a  mate or 2 out of eyesight in a car wiv engine running in case u need to make a rapid exit ... wouldnt take van in case it gets damaged.

Jake Kelly

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 09:46:39 am »
sounds like a sitdown is needed ... you, them and someone from the H/A ... usefull for straightnening things out in situations like this (or even worser situations)

they prob calmed down now and worried about getting kicked out.

just have a  mate or 2 out of eyesight in a car wiv engine running in case u need to make a rapid exit ... wouldnt take van in case it gets damaged.

i think if you are feeling threatened by anyone, you can ask the local police to keep an eye on it. A friend of mine had the same kind of problem when he was a sparky. see what they say. no harm in asking.

Steve_c

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »
It wasn't Steve- C s relatives was it?
your off again..... give it up sunshine.

s.w.c

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »
it sounds to me like you have tree choices

first one,   walk away from the job.

second one,      go back finish the job but get a mate to film it so if they come out again you got them on film, to use to your advantage,

third one,     put your hand in your pocket and pay some foreign friends to visit them, there cheap labor.

mikecam

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 07:05:32 pm »
Just go and take the biggest lunatic you know with you, pay him a days wage and let him know the score. If they come out to you, just say ...hold on the boss is here, see him he'll sort it out for you. Make sure he can fight and is just not big, and if anything untowards happens to them tell your big mate to get off and deny all knowledge of anything !!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 08:33:25 am »
This is easy for me to say as it's not MY £360 job.
I think I would bill the place for the portion I had done and ask them if they would be prepared for me to resume once the neanderthals had left.