This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark stephen

window cleaning
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:18:37 pm »
 ive been tryin to build mywindocleaning business by leafeting in my area with a fair amount of success.a woman rang me up the other day sayin my window cleaner hasnt been for 4 months.so i cleaned them with a along with 2 others.a couple weeks ago a local window cleaner rang me up  sayin i was stealing his customers and wants them back.i tried to reason with him i didnt know that he cleaned them.he said he covers these areas.wud u still leaflet

LWC

Re: window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:20:31 pm »
Yup, not your problem mate, how are you to know!

Mark stephen

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:27:54 pm »
yea ok.thing is ive picked more work up through leafting locally,think its this window cleaners cutomers

LWC

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 02:34:22 pm »
Well if he aint getting round customers thats his prob

Neil Gornall

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:35:53 pm »
If his customers are leaving its his problem not yours, as long as you are not cheaper then the only reason they would leave him is they are not happy with his service.
This is called a service industry for a reason, if you cant provide a quality service then expect to lose customers. its as simple as that.

Mark stephen

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »
Thanks wud never undercut another window cleaner as its wrong. only as i dont know which houses are taken?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:44:07 pm »
Dont worry about it Mark, just keep getting them leaflets out if your getting a good hit rate
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Jackal

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »
dont worry about him,like been said if custy was happy with him then you wouldnt get the job,theres a few other windys round "my patch", i thought i would have had a call off 1 or 2 telling me stop leafleting there "patch" but i seems they just moan at the custys for dropping them, i leafleted the whole area where 80% of my work is a year ago and will be doing it again when im rained off this year to compact my round even more than it is already,

4 months is a long time for domestics,he obviously isnt running his round properly,if i pick any custys up and it looks like there windows are clean or they say they have a windy already i always ask what he charges so i dont undercut,but up 2 now iv always charged the same or higher price anyway

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 03:15:59 pm »
if he was doing his job properly you wouldn,t have his work !!  carry on mate

Mark stephen

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:54 pm »
i know this window cleaner locally.he hasnt been ill.the problem is he thinks hes the lord of the manner.this is my area patch etc .................

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »
I wouldnt expect to have any work left if i'd left it 4 months!
Why have you done owt wrong? you canvassed and because he hadnt provided a service for so long they looked elsewhere.
How the hell can anyone expect to still have any work after leaving them that long?? Its a joke,customers will just find someone who will turn up every 4 weeks on time.
They arent interested if your ill/drunk/in jail etc,they just want their windows cleaned!!

LWC

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 04:47:49 pm »
And if you cant contact them, if theyre happy with you and have YOUR details, they WILL get in touch, i had one the other day that i havent been up to for a while and she emailed to see if i was still coming.

Not the original posters problem if the bloke might be ill, he hasnt let them know...they havent got in touch with him. Maybe they havent got his contact details...if so, why not?

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »
"Patches" are a load of rubbish.NOBODY owns the rights to every other house they dont clean down a particular street or area.
Example,if i have 8 out the 10 houses down a small cul de sac,is that my patch? is it f***,if another WC gets the other 2 remaining houses before me then fair play to him,thats window cleaning!!
Theres enough work out there for everyone.....

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »
The bottom line is:  The customer has the right to choose who they want to provide a service, be it window cleaning, bin cleaning, grocery deliveries, gardening or whatever. 

No tradesman can claim exclusive right to the delivery of a service in any area - that would be illegal.

As a tradesman, you have the legal right to offer your services to whoever you like, it is up to them whether they accept your offer or not.

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »
"Patches" are a load of rubbish.NOBODY owns the rights to every other house they dont clean down a particular street or area.
Example,if i have 8 out the 10 houses down a small cul de sac,is that my patch? is it f***,if another WC gets the other 2 remaining houses before me then fair play to him,thats window cleaning!!
Theres enough work out there for everyone.....

funny i never mentioned patches in my post earlier ,seems to me the people against them are the ones who dont want to slash the cash and are happy with work all over the place as long as its free,whats the point of unloading for 1 house ,give it to the man doing the rest
I didnt say you had mentioned patches and it wasnt aimed at you mate,it was aimed at anyone who thinks Wc'ing is operated like turf wars.......
The people who are against them are the people who want to go and earn money,and earn a good reputation providing a good service-wherever that may be...not going round saying "this is my patch-stay away" trying to get a "reputation" so that other WC stay away....

Dave Mills

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »
better than living in make believe like Walter Mitty

Stan, you know NOTHING about me. 

I know lots about you from reading a few of your back posts when you last made a "patch" comment.  You're the one who persistently makes themselves look like a fool.  You're a dinosaur who treats your customers with contempt by running patches rather than daring to face competition who may offer a better service.  You use the vague threat of how violent it is in your manor to make us believe you're tough.  You're a relic from the past and your time will come.

Dont worry, I dont expect you to understand.
god the wife is more interesting than you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

QED

Dave Mills

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 06:48:27 pm »
which one Dave
QED may refer to:

Q.E.D., from the Latin quod erat demonstrandum, used at the end of a definitive proof
Quantum electrodynamics, a field of physics
QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter, a book adapting lectures by Richard Feynman on quantum electrodynamics
QED (text editor), named from "quick editor"
Q.E.D. (US TV series), short-lived adventure series named after its title character Quentin Everett Deverill
Q.E.D. (BBC TV series), a British science series
Q.E.D. (manga)
QED (play), a play by Peter Parnell about Richard Feynman
QED project, a database of mathematical knowledge
Quantum Effect Devices, a microprocessor design company
Quantum Explosion Dynamo, an object in the computer game Commander Keen
QED (band), a 1980's rock band including Jenny Morris
Quantum Entanglement Device, a prop used in the television show FlashForward
Queen's Economics Department, at Queen's University

Gosh, a dinosaur who knows how to use Google.  You ARE clever.

Kwackers

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 12:17:08 am »
I would not tread on toes purposely but...

If you leaflet, get a call and some asks you to quote and your cheaper than their last/current cleaner...so be it. He doesn't own the area...if he did he wouldn't be cleaning...tell him to shove it!

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 09:08:29 am »
why do you have it in for stan?im quite sure his customers are happy with his service!nothing wrong with having areas of very compact work where there is no other window cleaner in sight!(apart from one guy who cleans 2 houses near you while you clean 80! ;D ;D).

i have 5 different rounds.2 of them are very compact,cheap and good "bread and butter" work.no other window cleaners get a look in due to them having to charge double to make it worthwhile cleaning just one house sandwiched in the middle of my customers!

some parts of bolton,salford and manchester  you would get your head kicked in trying to canvass customers!there is some areas where you just would not dream of canvassing if you value your kneecaps!!! ;) ;D ;D

by the way any new window cleaners i see i just smile and wave at them.i have noticed a few more lately near me.most wont stick it or become unreliable and do a crap job.im not worried!why should i be?one of my rounds has been canvassed 4 times already this year!not lost a single customer!

im well established and do a good job.im not overpriced and im tried and trusted.i use both wfp and trad so im the full complete window cleaner! ;) ;D ;D ;D

sporadic good priced work is good!

ultra compact cheaper work is good!!

best wishes to everyone

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 09:44:17 am »
I have no worries about competion. if a w/c wants to canvas my area he is quite welcome to. This could tell me 2 things.

1: The custy is not happy with my service, so I have to improve.
2: I charge to much for a good service.

These are 2 reasons why most custy's will leave you.
But I could name a more reasons why they stay with me as well.