This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AC Window Cleaning

Re: window cleaning
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 09:56:19 am »
Heres an interesting one,what if a relative moves into an area on someone elses "patch" and ask you to carry on cleaning??
Said house is £30 for example
"Im sorry,i know your family but theres already a wc round there.I cant/darent"

Of course you would do it and then canvas the rest of the area and try and get more to make it wothwile going round there.

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 10:10:14 am »
I will canvass areas that I want to. Not what people tell me to canvass. ;)

Llaaww

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 10:12:46 am »
i know this window cleaner locally.he hasnt been ill.the problem is he thinks hes the lord of the manner.this is my area patch etc .................

In cases like this you have to set yourself a standard. We live in a free trade market and have a right to ply our trade without fear of reprisal from competition.

I have a self proclaimed king of the area in one of the towns where I have chosen to work. I have set myself a goal. In the event that I get one more dirty look or discouraing word from this fella, I will systematically and repeatedly canvass the entire area.

Never ive in and never surrender to intimidation, it is just not British.

Good luck
if it is dirty it is fair game

cozy

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:33 am »
The thing with Stan is, he paid money to buy his round. Where he lives, that's the way the WC's operate there. From what Daz says, it's a hard area with enough WC's ready to knock people about to protect their "Patches".  We work upto 40 miles away for our Brit custies because that's how far away they are from us. Some are closer but our German domestics are all within about 5 miles.

As far as I know, we are the only full time WC's in Germany doing M.O.D. work. The Brits do have a choice of a few part timers. Some of these are good. Some are wasters. We haven't lost a single custy in the last few years through other WC's canvassing.

We don't have a patch, but if I'd paid alot of money like Stan did, I would be angry if I did lose some to chancers or any other WC really. So there are different ways of looking at the "Patch" thingy.

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 11:34:27 am »
I agree with some things you say cozy,but lets not forget that residential Wc is only based on a gentlemans agreement,no contracts or anything.
When you buy a round,yeah i agree with wanting to protect that investment,but does it really matter if an up and coming WC has 4 houses in a street where you have 20?? and is it worth threatening him etc??
Aslong as you do a good job,on time every time then other competition shouldnt need to faze you.
Round here theres a couple of chancers going round trying to undercut alot of us theyre swearing on doorsteps infront of customers saying"well f*** em off,were £2 cheaper etc"
Our customers should know better to even entertain the thought of gutter snakes like that doing their windows.
I trust mine to,and if they dont and you lose a couple then theyre better off with the muppets who will do it once,get stoned off the money then never return!!