Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: What do you pay your staff?
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »
I have the complete solution for this but if I told you I honestly would have to kill you.

Seriously I would.

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

formb

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »
Sometimes people just want to know what is happening. Before you push him into doing something he is not keen on ask the question. Explain that if it works out and he can turn over X by X then you'll put his wages up to X.

I've never really employed many people older than me but if he's 50 then surely he will know what it is that he wants from the job.

geefree

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 09:58:07 pm »
I have the complete solution for this but if I told you I honestly would have to kill you.

Seriously I would.

Dean.

waste of time typing then Dean eh ? ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:23 pm »
ever heard of the saying, 'pay peanuts, get monkeys'. thats why i pay 50% but the guys have to manage their own round as well for that i.e update work sheets (who's paid). all i do is pay them the short fall if they dont collect enough and ring them at the end of every week telling them what cheques ive received.

oh they have to go to the yard fill up with water, clean equipment and make sure van is always clean, i do nothing but have decent honest guys work for me ;) i could earn alot more by paying alot less but think of all the headaches i'd have just for trying to save a couple of hundred quid a week, i'd basically be working then for that £200. personally not worth it in my eyes.

been doing it like this for 6 years now and it pays for my extravagent lifestyle and my ferrari ;)

So u got them working as self employed?

andy1975

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »
i used to have africans,fantastic workers,100% reliable,never let me down,just came here like all foriegners WANT TO WORK.i paid £60 from 8-4(only problem none of them could drive)

geefree

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »
have they been deported then now ??

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:35 pm »
ditto. Three helpers three strikes.
Agree with all above.

Workers okay with me lifting boosting leading.Stepping in when misunderstandings with customers come up.Own iniatative? no.

I always did the backs, and often finished first.Hard work for me.

Paying more doesn't seem to help, they just take it easier.

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »
ever heard of the saying, 'pay peanuts, get monkeys'.

check my "signature" ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:51 pm »
im having and have always had a problem and i really think the way forward is to give each job/round a price to wht you will pay your staff.

they get paid has long has no complaits, they are made self employed but hire your vehicle and system.

the right person can earn top money, you dont have to worry is the work going to get done are they having breaks every five mins ect

and if they dont do properly they dont get paid for the job..........

geefree

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:57 pm »
They still will always take the p.  honest , hard workers are a dying breed , todays society is me, me me... get as much as possible for me , working as little as possible.

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »

Great post!!

I have a guy now who's reliable, works hard and does a decent job but I have asked him to work alone until the middle of February whilst I build the business and his enthusiasm and standards have dropped a lot.

He is the third guy I have took on and they all start with enthusiasm and end up poope.......the first one I got rid of, the 2nd used it between jobs and now this one seems to be losing interest.....but this ones the one I want to keep!!

the guy you want to keep is getting £45 a day, and working on his own?

Try a little harder and u might get to keep him?

Newannaive

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 10:21:39 pm »
In my eyes pay them as little as poss , the ones i took on were a waste of spunk , fine in my van with a 2 man set up , put them out in the baby van  and they all took the P, productivity was less costs was more , and service as in the quality went through the floor , they dont want to do our job no matter what you pay them , this country is full of lazy tw*ts who all want an easy ride , i dont have one so why the fook should they ?

Anybody wanna work for me , its a doddle , if your the right bloke , if i was any more laid back i'd fall over !

Rich  
if he's that good give him a rise  ;)

Great post!!

I have a guy now who's reliable, works hard and does a decent job but I have asked him to work alone until the middle of February whilst I build the business and his enthusiasm and standards have dropped a lot.

He is the third guy I have took on and they all start with enthusiasm and end up poope.......the first one I got rid of, the 2nd used it between jobs and now this one seems to be losing interest.....but this ones the one I want to keep!!

Newannaive

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 10:23:15 pm »

Great post!!

the guy you want to keep is getting £45 a day, and working on his own?

Try a little harder and u might get to keep him?
this^^  ::)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 10:29:35 pm »
im having and have always had a problem and i really think the way forward is to give each job/round a price to wht you will pay your staff.

they get paid has long has no complaits, they are made self employed but hire your vehicle and system.

the right person can earn top money, you dont have to worry is the work going to get done are they having breaks every five mins ect

and if they dont do properly they dont get paid for the job..........

So we can take em on as self employed in the long run i thought it all needs to be paye and stuff?

ants

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »
mine gets 25% of turnover he likes to keep track and time jobs to see what hes on.at on point today he earned £22.50 an hour,keeps them keen that way.

ants

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »
mine gets 25% of turnover he likes to keep track and time jobs to see what hes on.at on point today he earned £22.50 an hour,keeps them keen that way.
p.s. He works with me

ronnie paton

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »
im not a accountant but iv been advised this id possible

many trades do it legally

ant so your lad does about 7 ton on is own ye i believe u ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »
Whatever you turnover is your business,

You've had the bottle to take the gamble,

Turnover versus payment is irrelevant as there are many many costs that an employee with a stable job and 4-5wks holiday pay do not have to worry about.

Dean.

wot about their desirable pension
oh yeah theyve opted out lol ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »

not bad if you send a kid out and he is making 90 bar an hour an u payin the kid 22.50

22.50(25percent) x 4 = 90