This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Working with your spouse.
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:00 pm »
Just wondered how many of you work with your partner/spouse. I couldn't do it myself as I prefer time away etc. Plus what do you chat about in the evenings if your together 24/7. This is just an observation not a dig at anyone by the way!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

weetot

Re: Working with your spouse.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »
Hell, absoluetly not mate, I know Tosh does and other folk, but I can't think of anythng worse. ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

JoeMax

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:58:58 pm »
I wouldn't recommend it - if your business is having problems then it can sometimes effect your relationship.

Keep business and pleasure separate.

Dougaldum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:09:32 pm »
18 years working with my spouse NEVER let me down  not like employees

tacky

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 08:11:47 pm »
its great , been on windows 10 yrs together .id b lost with out her

cozy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 08:39:41 pm »
Mrs Cozy is always with me. We both put 100% into our biz.  ;D I love working together.

Off to get bladdered now. See you guys, have a great new year. 8)

Newannaive

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 12:44:42 am »
never seen a lady cleaner, bet they get some stick.

mistersqueegee

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 02:01:44 am »
My wife and I work together and this July 12th we'll have been married for 25years. I wouldn't have it any other way. She is absolutely my best friend and a great window cleaner to boot.

FCS

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:30:41 am »
My wife and I work together and this July 12th we'll have been married for 25years. I wouldn't have it any other way. She is absolutely my best friend and a great window cleaner to boot.

errm..   does she mind being booted?    And have you booted many window cleaners to compare?

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:56:31 am »
Nope and would not consider working with my spouse at all.

Put it this way if you was working in a factory or any company you wouldnt be able to take your spouse to work. ;D

LWC

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 10:03:12 am »
I dropped me blade once on my wifes head from top of ladder lol, oops. Was an accident...honestly

That was the last time she ever came with me...and ladders are a distant memory

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 11:11:13 am »
My other half doesn't do the windows ( hates the cold.... hates the wet... hates working hard haha )
but the biz is a partnership, she does all the office stuff, runs WCP, telesales, enquires etc..

i go out clean the windows and agree with her on what the next step of biz development will be  ???

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 11:28:44 am »
It seems that more and more couples are choosing to work with each other especially where wc is concerned. My next door neighbours are in a similar position. They work in a craft shop 6 days a week, live together too. It seems to work for them so good luck to anyone where it works. But what do you find to chat about over dinner is my question. If your spouse works else where then the conversation would start with "did anything good or bad happen at work today?" ;D etc.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 12:45:48 pm »
mrs trippy work with her other half trippy.she the boss and wears the trouser,works well by all accounts as long as he does as he told. ;D ;D ;D ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
It works great for us - and I'm the lady half!

Some folks definitely prefer a lady around.

On the minus side, all we talk about in the evenings is work - especially when we've had a bad day

glen parva

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »
My other half doesn't do the windows ( hates the cold.... hates the wet... hates working hard haha )
but the biz is a partnership, she does all the office stuff, runs WCP, telesales, enquires etc..

i go out clean the windows and agree with her on what the next step of biz development will be  ???

Darran

same here misses stops at home take calls and invoicing

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 02:08:09 pm »
just to say its been a year since me and jen have been working together and its worked well cus most custies seem to like a lady windy around rather then two blokes`the tips have gone up this yr and you can share resposabiltyt between the two of you as for nites we tend to have a cut off point for work conversation whitch is 7pm

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 02:14:24 pm »
kleaney mate are you thinking of trying it then cheap labour aswell you will be supprised wen you are out wen custie want a windy they always go to jen not me get her to do canvassing aswell even if she is not working with ya she will get a better hit rate the the lads`

Klean07

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »
Sounds good mate. But I really do enjoy some independence within a relationship.

formb

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 10:42:35 am »
You are all crazy!!!!!

Work, with the wife. ???

Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

Nutters.