This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poles R Us

Re: Working with your spouse.
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 10:53:45 am »
Just wondered how many of you work with your partner/spouse. I couldn't do it myself as I prefer time away etc. Plus what do you chat about in the evenings if your together 24/7. This is just an observation not a dig at anyone by the way!!

no way , comeing home to her is bad enough ;D

dai

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 12:36:01 pm »
I worked with my Mrs and loved it.
Put it this way,if she is going to work,unless she has some kind of professional qualifications, your joint income can be a lot higher if she's window cleaning.
Better than working in Tescos for £6 an hour.
I did let her stay in the van with the heater running when it was too cold for her though, but at the time she had only just come here from Indonesia.
She stopped working 4 years ago when the kids came, my customers still ask after her every month.

formb

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 12:47:51 pm »
My Mrs has a nice wage, wouldn't fancy trying to get through the winter months without it....

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 01:02:43 pm »
You are all crazy!!!!!

Work, with the wife. ???

Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

Nutters.
My sentiments exactly.........................lol

jsm

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
may be good if you fancy a quicky in the back of the van  ::)

lol
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

chopsie

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »
My Mrs has a nice wage, wouldn't fancy trying to get through the winter months without it....

ditto, that said i have just hit 0 available funds, would of happened sooner without her, But still pretty f!$ked
chopsie

Richard Neal

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 11:00:44 pm »
may be good if you fancy a quicky in the back of the van  ::)

lol

But she would go nuts if she caught me!
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

bad trippy

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:23 pm »
mrs trippy work with her other half trippy.she the boss and wears the trouser,works well by all accounts as long as he does as he told. ;D ;D ;D ;D
She is Scottish, you do not wear the trousers if you have a Scottish lassy as you Mrs  ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

formb

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:51 pm »
mrs trippy work with her other half trippy.she the boss and wears the trouser,works well by all accounts as long as he does as he told. ;D ;D ;D ;D
She is Scottish, you do not wear the trousers if you have a Scottish lassy as you Mrs  ;D

Youre only supposed to wear a skirt if YOU are scottish!

bad trippy

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 11:15:33 pm »

They dont suit me mate  ::)
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

formb

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 11:21:06 pm »

They dont suit me mate  ::)

That never stopped me :)

Tom White

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »
Yep, we pull up to a property and we both go our separate ways.  When we're actually working we don't really work together - as in the same physical location - though we're never that far from each other.  And she only works 3 or 4 days per week.

On some jobs, such as offices and factory units, she starts inside while I do the outside - and that's great.

She's been window cleaning for about 8 years now and we generally work together well as a team.

As for home life, well she's got her things and I've got mine.  She's a runner, so she's always out running somewhere or competing in some race.

I can't say it's always easy - she regularly has her 'mad week' - and we've fought and argued and I've sacked her and she's told me to shove the job up my ass, but after a few years we've both settled down and we work well together.

dave carroll

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 03:00:05 am »
plus it saves havin to kiss her goodbye in the mornin!

i'll get me coat

Johnny B

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »
My good lady wife has worked with me in the past, and it worked pretty well. Many of my customers still ask after her. Unfortunately she has carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands at the moment. When she has had it sorted we are planning to work together again. Happy days ahead!

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.