Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: My pump doesn`t stay stopped
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »
I hope you're not questioning his sexuality, bent spammers and all

;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »
I hope you're not questioning his sexuality, bent spammers and all

;D ;D

And to add insult to injury HE calls ME blind & daft as a brush!! ;D ;D ;D

Don't you just love it? :D

What he says about reducing power etc. is all correct TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, we know & understand that bit. BUT what he's saying is that the cut off values are none existent or ineffective as the pump will still only cut out at 100psi anyway!!!
Which is ridiculous & not true of course. ;)

stephen.b1

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 08:19:17 pm »

winp  just got back in had to go out
if i am wrong i will hold my hand up :-*
i was describing the first brodex and original varistreams
the digital varistreams are slightly diferent but this is where you can educate me

how dose the varistream (digital) turn the pump off

paul saunders

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »
Actually, you are both right ............. well sort of, if the varistream is set at 100psi, regardless of the flow setting, the pump will cut out at 100psi, if the varistream is set at 60psi it will cut out at 60psi, if the varistream is set at 120psi ............ you get the picture (before anyone says anything about not going to 120psi it was just an example). If memory serves me right, the varistream cut of is 100psi and on the one I have that is (c), so if (c) is 100psi then (d,e,f) must be higher than 100psi.

Having said that, if you reduce the power by 50% I doubt that 6.35volts would be enough to run the pump. ;)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:43 pm »

winp  just got back in had to go out
if i am wrong i will hold my hand up :-*
i was describing the first brodex and original varistreams
the digital varistreams are slightly diferent but this is where you can educate me

how dose the varistream (digital) turn the pump off

You tell it (via the setting values) at what pressure to cut the power (stop pump). You can control both speed (flow) AND pressure i.e. you can have a low flow but a lot of pressure. So you can set it to cut off at (example) 20psi, 30psi, 40psi - 100psi etc.

So, you see now why we were getting Sean to set the pressure cut off to a lower value?  100psi is some pressure & could invite no end of problems. My 1/2" barbed elbows on my system are retained by plastic tie wraps, not jubilee clips, never had a leak or one blow off.

Group hug? :-*

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2010, 08:33:33 pm »
Actually, you are both right ............. well sort of, if the varistream is set at 100psi, regardless of the flow setting, the pump will cut out at 100psi, if the varistream is set at 60psi it will cut out at 60psi, if the varistream is set at 120psi ............ you get the picture (before anyone says anything about not going to 120psi it was just an example). If memory serves me right, the varistream cut of is 100psi and on the one I have that is (c), so if (c) is 100psi then (d,e,f) must be higher than 100psi.

Having said that, if you reduce the power by 50% I doubt that 6.35volts would be enough to run the pump. ;)

Actually, that only proves me right! ;D ;D

stephen.b1

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »
please re read amps not volts

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 08:55:30 pm »

Get with the times Stephey, ditch the old & get a new'un! ;D

paul saunders

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2010, 09:00:54 pm »

sorry, my mistake ............. you did indeed say amps.  ;)

But, you also said ............... "if you reduce the varistream's power by 50%"
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

stephen.b1

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 09:02:53 pm »
You tell it (via the setting values) at what pressure to cut the power (stop pump). You can control both speed (flow) AND pressure i.e. you can have a low flow but a lot of pressure. So you can set it to cut off at (example) 20psi, 30psi, 40psi - 100psi etc.

are you saying you can set the pump to run at 1lpm @100psi or 10lpm at 10psi?
i asked befor what or how dose the controler know how or when to turn the pump off

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:10 pm »

are you saying you can set the pump to run at 1lpm @100psi or 10lpm at 10psi sasked befor what or how dose the controler know how or when to turn the pump off

Yes.

However, in reality, resistence in the system (connectors, hose bore size etc.) will not allow certain settings to work. You'll not get 10lpm at 10psi through small bore hose for example.

This is why systems with 6mm hose have to use higher pressure & speed settings to those with 8mm or 13mm hose.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2010, 09:10:51 pm »
How does it know to do this?

It senses the pressure somehow. I use it, I didn't build it.

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:33 pm »
That would explain why my mates could always pee higher in the john, mine was always a lot bigger and didnt need the same pressure

;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2010, 09:19:32 pm »
That would explain why my mates could always pee higher in the john, mine was always a lot bigger and didnt need the same pressure

;D ;D ;D

Hey, never thought of that batman. Might explain why I can never get it up the wall!!!! 8) ;D

stephen.b1

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »

as i said befor it is basicaly a potentiometer with the ability to moniter the used amps and to adjust the amps  the screw you adjust is to ajust the sensiitivity of the moniter (basicaly)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:31 pm »

as i said befor it is basicaly a potentiometer with the ability to moniter the used amps and to adjust the amps  the screw you adjust is to ajust the sensiitivity of the moniter (basicaly)

That wasn't the debate Stephen & still isn't!

With my pump, the mechanical pressure switch has been removed, totally. No screws etc left. The electronic unit does everything! Speed AND pressure. ;)

stephen.b1

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »
no the debate was about the broadex controler
and most people advised him to ajust his system
when in fact broadex had said it was fine
i described a original pump controler and you said iwas totaly wrong and we then went on about the digital varestream which i asked you to educate me into how it works or you think it works
and you admited you didnt know i think that is where we are now

Dave Willis

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2010, 09:57:12 pm »
The various VariStream Auto-Compensating Flow Controller gives waterfed pole users a sophisticated electronic flow adjustment to allow them to regulate their water flow during the cleaning process.

The VariStream 2 unit can be retrofitted to virtually any water fed pole window cleaning system which uses a 12vDC pump to deliver pure water to the end of the telescopic pole.

Once installed, the VariStream 2 does away with the functionality of the pressure switch on the pump, and digitally controls the electrical supply to the pump. This allows a full range of water flow rate adjustment from maximum all the way down to zero. The user simply dials in their preferred water flow rate on the VariStream 2 and can then start work cleaning windows.

The inbuilt "Auto Compensating" software is continually sensing the load on the pump and adjusting the output of the of the pump to ensure that precisely the required amount of water is delivered to the end of the pole. With a standard pump, as the water fed pole is extended for higher windows, the load on the pump increases and the amount of water at the end of the pole decreases. VariStream 2 compensates for this automatically, ensuring a constant and controlled flow of water, whatever height you work at.

VariStream 2: The Benefits

Total control over the flow of water from the end of the pole. Whatever height you work at VariStream 2 adjusts the pump to compensate and maintain flow.

Auto shut off: When you disconnect the pole at the end of the job VariStream 2 detects pressure change and shuts off the pump, saving water and battery life.

Water saving is essential when you are working far from your source of ultrapure water. Varistream 2 allows you to control your water consumption to ensure your water lasts until you return to base at the end of the day for a refill.

The pressure switch is the main wearing part on any water fed pole pump. By eliminating use of the pressure switch, the VariStream 2 improves pump reliability meaning less time spent servicing your equipment.

The majority of water fed pole systems use a tank of filtered water on a vehicle plus an additional ion-exchange resin cartridge which "polishes" the filtered water to further reduce contaminants. By allowing controlled reduction of water flow through the system the VariStream 2 improves the life of the expensive resin cartridge, thus saving the operator money on a daily basis.

stephen.b1

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »
broadex are still right
basicaly ;)
as i undertand it the digital varestream operates by adjusting the amps thus increasing or slowing the pump down the controler also monitors the amp load ie if you stop the water flow the pump uses mor amps and cuts the power to the pump it re starts the pump by reseting itself by turning the power on if you have not connected your pole  it will turn off again possibly ever 3/4 seconds ;) ;)

stephen.b1

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »
there is no need to alter the varistream as it is working correctly
did you know there are 12 volt drills  with the same type of system incresing the speed to maintain the same torque