Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kerrmiddleton

how bad the weather your way
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:57:02 pm »
 :'( brillant wife in new york , xmas shopping , am at home stuck in 4 feet snow left to look after the youngest kid , school  shut , today and tomorrow , cant get van out most roads unpassable , books full of orders next couple days , stuck here for couple days any way , never had it so bad atthis time of year , how are you guys doing , where just on the out skirts of Edinburgh :'(

Jamie Pearson

Re: how bad the weather your way
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:37 pm »
Not so bad here in N.E.Fife. Biggest problem is abandoned cars everywhere by people that dont know how to drive.

Took our sprinter out today and it went everywhere without drama.

Got boys heading down to Eyemouth tomorrow. Hopefully they will make it.

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:14:29 pm »
I think you can only moan about the snow if you live south of Watford. If you live up north what do you expect?  ::) ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

kerrmiddleton

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:42 pm »
think most of borders coast are have been badly hit with snow would phone client first to be sure , got mer vito , poope in snow because of rear wheel drive , thinking of buy 5x2 slabs to put in back , then when sring comes , do some slabing jobs , this time next year , we"ll be millionairs

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:19:20 pm »
Its just cold in Bournemouth , totally dry roads , bit of frost on cars , not that it is any worry of mine being banned :-[
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

clinton

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:22:50 pm »
Just frosty here in sunny stockport ;D looks like its going to stay for a while too.

DK

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:55:32 pm »
We had to have today off due to the snow on the coast, however we are in fife tomorrow,so hopefully we will get there and get this job started, whats more worrying is we are now fully booked until the 21st December,including sat/sun. I wish the rain would just come on and wash this crap away.

Hope yer well kerr

Regards

David
Dry Fusion (Scotland)

craig melvin

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:59:54 pm »
sitting on the bed with the wife - laptop's on kids sleepy - looking out the window...

apparently its on its way - being sent to Coventry.

wont be long now,

Vraig

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
start snowing last thursday here in darlington and it still snowing now all schools closed today and tomorrow and the bus have cut a lot off there services and does not look good for the rest off the week

chrisjohn

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 10:19:38 pm »
Heavy snow falls in Leeds last couple of days,re-arranged tomorrows work for next week.Not too bad when you get on the main roads,its the small roads that are the problem.Not worth the risk,customers happy I rang and changed dates.

Chris

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:38 pm »
We had to have today off due to the snow on the coast, however we are in fife tomorrow,so hopefully we will get there and get this job started, whats more worrying is we are now fully booked until the 21st December,including sat/sun. I wish the rain would just come on and wash this crap away.

Hope yer well kerr

Regards

David
Dry Fusion (Scotland)

A92 pretty bad today in Fife. Where you heading?

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:48:03 pm »
Suprisingly not too bad here in Cumbria, about 4"
Had to travel 20 mile tonight in a blizzard, wife said i must be nuts,
Took my Hilux and it flew through it, even past the foot of Blencathra.
Well Clarkson did take one to the north pole  :)

Andrew

richy27

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:22:47 pm »
we had a dusting of snow on friday which melted and then froze solid main roads are ok but country lanes and estates are liking skating rinks

fitz2kleen

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:25 am »
sitting on the bed with the wife - laptop's on kids sleepy - looking out the window...

apparently its on its way - being sent to Coventry.

wont be long now,

Vraig

:o dont send it here we dont want it  >:(

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:27 am »
It's pretty bad down here in Cornwall. I'm hoping to get yesterday's job done today, most schools are closed.

I just need to get off our estate, it's like an ice rink at the moment...

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 06:55:13 pm »
A ROYAL PAIN IN THE T1TS!!!

Also based in Edinburgh and i have not seen it this bad before! Even last year when the snow was on for some of November, all of December and most of January I never needed a spade! Evertime i get bloody parked i get stuck!!

No chance of rebooking anything as theres no space to put jobs in! grrrrr

BRING ON THE FFFFF'IN SUMMER!!!

jasonl

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »
How ironic , it snowed for maybe an hour todaay for the first time , all roads clear , just quite cold . Cant drive , been sat in printing letters and stuffing envelopes all week .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 07:01:51 pm »
In Sunny Chesterfield. Been out a couple of times today, wife rescheduled some of the appoinments, not worth the risk now, had a foot of snow in 2 hours, main roads not happening now, still coming down heavy

david hutchieson

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:13:49 pm »
Same here in Mallorca. Cleaned the pool and filled it up. now its started raining! could have saved 200 pesetas. bugger.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 01:25:08 am »
David - Has it stopped raining yet cos it aint stopped bl****dy snowing here yet - cant open the back door now even though its been cleared at least 3 times today and theres a step up to it