This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: who would you recomend to fit system?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:48 am »
Lee how much might i pay for the lwb 230 connect with no more then 50k on the clock,? and just to make sure you find this van spacious and amazing and all the rest?

i do like the idea of a smallish big van like one of these with the side door but not so massive to park as parking in london is a problem i fear if i went bigger i may have to ditch some of my work as i wont be able to fit on the drives ,

then again i wana make sure it can hold enof water for 2 men for 8 working hours or at least 6 working hours on a decent flow rate, oh and could i not get an 800 in there? then i know for sure i am sorted?

Ste M

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 07:16:00 am »

i would recomend you have the biggest tank you can .
i often use 650 on my own .

same here, i can use 650 ltrs in 6 hours if im on a comercial job. i regulary use at least 50ltrs doing domestic alone

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:07 am »

i would recomend you have the biggest tank you can .
i often use 650 on my own .

Likewise.
I have found that using a higher flow decreases the chances of doing a duff job.
Also, using too low a flow slows me down sometimes.
I could almost certainly get away with using less but there will always be the odd job that reacts badly to a low flow rate and you can't always predict which one it will be.

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 07:36:29 am »

how much might i pay for the lwb 230 connect with no more then 50k on the clock,?

Buy new, they are doing such great deals at the moment its cheaper in the long run than buying secondhand. Secondhand vans are always a bit of a liability.

Darranvps

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 07:48:53 am »
If you clean large buildings 2 men will use 650 litres within 3 hours - non stop working!
If you are cleaning houses, stop n start it may last you most of the day if you are driving around and not using the system too much

strange most guys are saying 2 man all day 650 on a normal flow rate on domestic
so you would recomend 1000 liters ? ???

The ones who don't use so much water are probably not doing so much work :P

When we clean a very large building 2 of us use up 1000 ltrs before lunch time, we always start refilling the system from the customers water supply as soon as we start, so we have enough for a whole day.
Most "manufacturers" quote a 1000 ltr system will last 12 - 14 hrs - they definately do not use them, themselves. Perhaps they go on one house here and one house there, but they definately don't mean non stop when cleaning a large building.
Our water flow rate is set on what is needed for the particular job - I would say on average 70

CRYSTAL1984

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 08:03:48 am »
Crystal pure systems, they did mine 3 yrs ago, never had a problem, was £2650.00 fitted,great systems http://www.crystalpuresystems.com

Darranvps

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 08:58:14 am »
I cannot really recomend anyone to fit, but I can say if you fit a Facelift system, you would be better off making and fitting your own.
Ionics - pricey, and expensive to run, compared to others. However they fit it extremely well, and they do look rather good :P

Concept 20 look quite good, a little bit pricey, it would be good to hear from window cleaners who have bought/used one for a long period of time, we may fit one of these to our next van..........

Nick Wareham

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 11:07:00 am »
I cant afford ionics, nice as they may be, but I got an email a couple of weeks ago from pure2o, which I think is like a sort of "value brand" of ionics.  www.pure2o.co.uk

Looks like very good kit, and not too pricey.  For example, when I looked at it they were doing a 400 litre RO system for £2,750 including VAT and fitting.  I was very tempted, but then the wife crashed her car and the money had to go on replacing that instead!

Id be interested to know if anyone has any expericence of pure2o, or has one of their systems?  Are they any good?  If its ionics I'm thinking they should be pretty good, but would like to hear from someone who has one.

niceandclean

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:40 am »
I cant afford ionics, nice as they may be, but I got an email a couple of weeks ago from pure2o, which I think is like a sort of "value brand" of ionics.  www.pure2o.co.uk

Looks like very good kit, and not too pricey.  For example, when I looked at it they were doing a 400 litre RO system for £2,750 including VAT and fitting.  I was very tempted, but then the wife crashed her car and the money had to go on replacing that instead!

Id be interested to know if anyone has any expericence of pure2o, or has one of their systems?  Are they any good?  If its ionics I'm thinking they should be pretty good, but would like to hear from someone who has one.

As far as i know, they use the same parts and the same crash tested clamps. Just dont have all the fancy fascias ect that Ionics have.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »
Intresting thanks

Well basically im getting mixed messages some of you say 650 liters on a decent flow rate (i dont want to use minimal flow) the water for 2 people will last one full day?

But now i hear that 1000 liters gets used before lunch time  ???

My work is domestic but domestic or commercial large building or small i am after 8 hours of water from my tank for 2 people.

i have 8 hour days on the glass but ofc there is driving in-between so maybe 7 hours would suite for 2 people.

but then again what happens if i do get a large building i would like to know that i have 8 hours of water whatever happens

Nick Wareham

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »
if you do get a large building, there will be access to water on-site somewhere.  You simply have the system filling while you're working, then you'll never run out.

Most RO units can produce WAY more water per hour than you can use.

Lee GLS

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »
I went for a 650l two man setup, my flow controller is set to 27, some may say it's low but if you have never done wfp before then you have nothing to compare it to, if you are used to a high flow rate then it would probably feel a little slow. Anyway I have been cleaning wfp for 2 months on that flow rate and havnt had any problems I start at 9 and finish at 3.00-3.30 and have 30 min lunch. My work is domestic, the 3 bed semis are all close together then I have days when I am doing the bigger county stuff. At the end of the day there is always water left in the tank and that is with 2 of us using it.

I get the impression that those that have the flow cranked up are in there one so they don't need to worry about how much water they use, or they have the flow higher because it's quicker to rince so therefore they can get more work done.

If you don't want a large van then you are limited to how much water you can carry, the max in a connect/expert size van will be 650l, you won't have the payload to fit any bigger tank in.

You could always have a small trailer with 25l containers of water in for the days where you need more water

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »
For what its worth, I’ve just cleaned 28 flats, consisting of 224 large windows, 24 small, including all the frames and sills, and 42 doors using 500 litres in 3 hours 20 mins.

I use 4 litres per minute flow rate with a shut off valve at my hip.

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »
i guess it all depends on the flow rate nick was it maxium rate?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 03:43:44 pm »
100 psi pump, 100 metres of mini bore ( 8mm ID ), 3mm jets, no veriflo regulator.

There is absolutely no water splashing back off the glass.

The quickest way of working I have found so far.

Nick

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 03:48:28 pm »
Oh, and I have a 1050 litre tank.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 04:19:58 pm »
nice tank what van is it in?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
Transit 300. It has a 1420 Kg payload.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:14 pm »
yer i see on the ford site 1252-1420kg payload

what reg have you got? and which reg you think i should go for? i wana try and get the van for about 4k or less cant afford 13k for a new one  ???

i guess it should be about 50k miles or so right ive seen a few 2002s with 80k on, you think those would be ok?

thing is its going to have a 3k+ system in there and i want it to last so i dont wana get a high mileage cheap van you think i shouldnt buy a van less then 2005?