This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Guild Pre-Registration for 2011 begins tonight!
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:12:48 am »
The new sign-up form for 2011 Guild membership will go live on the Guild website at midnight tonight.  ;D

http://www.mgwc.org/index-5.html

As per usual, the first to sign up will be listed at the top of the page on the member listings,.. but this year we will also have the option of an "Enhanced Listing" with space for a photo or company logo (Max 675 pixels wide by 200 pixels high). Enhanced listings will cost an additional £20, but will automatically be placed above standard listings on the page.

From Jan 1st 2011 onwards, all Guild memberships will last 12 months from the date of joining,.. this will be the last year that all renewals happen on December 31st.

Frankybadboy

Re: Guild Pre-Registration for 2011 begins tonight!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:43:59 am »
 ;) :-*

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:22:31 am »
So, do we get the same sticker/cd pack when we renew?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:39:20 am »
I am fairly new to window cleaning, what is guild?? how much does it cost and what benefits do you get??

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 01:08:27 pm »
So, do we get the same sticker/cd pack when we renew?
Yep,.. the docs are slightly updated on the CD, and of course there will be logo's with "2011" on them.

I am fairly new to window cleaning, what is guild?? how much does it cost and what benefits do you get??

I don't want to get told off for advertising, so keeping it short,...
The Master Guild of Window Cleaners is an international non-profit organisation, (NOT a trade association) run for window cleaners, by window cleaners. The membership fee is small, as we are nothing like the FED and other big outfits (yet!), but we aim to help all our members look more professional, have a better understanding of the H&S work at height rules, make sure all members are insured & licensed if they live somewhere that requires licensing.
You get some stickers for  your van and logos to use on your stationary & website etc etc, as well as a listing on the Guild website (which gets a lot of traffic),...
We don't promise the world,.. but there would be very few ppl who'd say it isn't £20 well spent.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »
its worth £20 compared to af few of the other which are in the 000s

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 02:04:42 pm »
Think i might join then :)

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 06:43:13 pm »
Nat

Have a problem with this statement

have a better understanding of the H&S work at height rules

You quoted on a previous post about cherry pickers and cleaning windows just to climb out of the picker and go over the balcony window to clean window (Against all the safety regs I know)

You say you have a better understanding of the WAHR 05, can I ask what H&S safety experience and qualifications have you got, and what involvement you have had with the regulations, from the white paper in 2000 to finished regs 2005

Bryan Dolby
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »
nat do u just do it auto or do i have to do it my self,  or can u just send a paypal thing

luther1

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 07:09:12 pm »
Just like last year, the FWC disciples jump on Nats back because hes having a go at helping fellow window cleaners and not just taking their money. And yes, i have been a member of both.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 07:16:33 pm »
Bryan,
We all make mistakes,.. even the FED:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_4250000/newsid_4254900/4254988.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=false&bbcws=2

Because my personal knowledge is undoubtedly flawed on this subject,.. and also in an effort to make sure that we always give the correct information to our members, last year the Guild obtained a license from the Health & Safety authority to reproduce its publications and distribute them to our members.
There are now many relevant documents included in the welcome pack that every member receives (In electronic format on the CD) that will help each member individually assess the methods that should be employed when cleaning windows.
It isn't the intensive training from health & safety officials we would like to offer,.. but that is something that we hope the future will bring for Guild members, and this is a step in the right direction.

Nat

Have a problem with this statement

have a better understanding of the H&S work at height rules

You quoted on a previous post about cherry pickers and cleaning windows just to climb out of the picker and go over the balcony window to clean window (Against all the safety regs I know)

You say you have a better understanding of the WAHR 05, can I ask what H&S safety experience and qualifications have you got, and what involvement you have had with the regulations, from the white paper in 2000 to finished regs 2005

Bryan Dolby

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:53 pm »
nat do u just do it auto or do i have to do it my self,  or can u just send a paypal thing

Renewals are not automatic (But you will get an e-mail reminder in December if you don't pre-register before),.. just go onto the website tonight/tomorrow & fill out the form. :)

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
Nat

I just cannot see what this guild as achieved

You have been going for quiet a bit now but i have never seen you attend any window ( industry meetings ,trade shows )

Is it a internet guild

Bryan

Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 08:45:16 pm »
The Guild has been going for 2 1/2 years, and it is still a fraction of the size of the FED.
Our 200 odd members to you 2000 odd combined with a membership fee of 22% of the FED's means that the Guild has about 2% of the funding available that the FED does, so obviously our achievements will be smaller & slower coming initially.

I don't live in the UK myself, so haven't personally attended any of the trade shows etc yet, though I do hope to in the future.

The Guild does not intend to undermine the good work of the FED or any of the other great organisations out there,. its just an alternative option for those who want one.

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »
Nat

Thanks for the reply

I hope to meet you one day

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)

mark m

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:22:22 pm »
Nat

Thanks for the reply

I hope to meet you one day

Bryan

After looking at your post in this topic and in my topic i can see you are very dedicated fed member i only joined  cleaned it up last night and new nothing about any groups i can know see postives in both guilds i am looking forward to my next topic tomorrow lol should be a bit more straight forward  ;D

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 09:26:54 pm »
MM

Yes very dedicated to the industry,i get very frustrated that some people do not see the bigger picture about who is doing all the work in our indusrtry

But FWC chairman 16 years

I hope i have not confussed you

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 09:30:06 pm »
quote from bryan
"I do not think you could ever win the ones who do not want to join
or the negetive ones" ;) ;)ok bryan

lee09

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 09:31:19 pm »
Push and poke Bryan. You must be up for a fight.
I am a member of the guild as it was value for money and I watched the video on the feds thoughts on water fed poles. (Newsnight I think it was) That coupled with the infighting (was it Dave Morris some years ago?) proved to me just how far behind in this industry you are.
Regards
Lee

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »
Lee

Join what you think is best for you

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)