This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: Guild Pre-Registration for 2011 begins tonight!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 09:54:31 pm »
Nat

This is not a dig, I know you will be asked in the future.

The guild is privately owned I think, so heres a couple of questions

1. What is your legal status ?
2. What happens to your profits ?

I have more questions but will ask them later

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 11:25:30 pm »
While we want the Guild to grow,.. our number one priority is to keep it accessible to the average sole trader window cleaner,.. and to do that we have to keep it cheap & as much as possible, keep it simple. This means that any changes will be smaller & perhaps slower than some people expect,.. but we are still constantly improving. :)

And that's why it's been so succsessful. ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 06:50:58 am »
Nat

This is not a dig, I know you will be asked in the future.

The guild is privately owned I think, so heres a couple of questions

1. What is your legal status ?
2. What happens to your profits ?

I have more questions but will ask them later

I will attempt this. 8)

1. in the UK and internationally we are a non Government recognised entity unlike the FED, for us to be legally established we would need to register in the countries where we have members (the guild is not just for members in UK), and thats why any talk of being a UK Government recognised entity would be out of the question as it would be appear that while we claim to be an International Guild it would sideline our members in say America or Australia (they would quite rightly take the hump) so in short whats the point of having an International Online Guild if we think that only the UK is important to us?

2. All monies that come in to the Guild are fed (not FED 8)) back into the guild, this is used for operational costs such as postage/buying stickers etc....if there is any money left in the account each year (remember we are still relatively recent) then it goes toward a prize for our members (using proper bonafide supplier, with receipt, International postage if required). Going forward if the member count goes up significantly and the Guild is awash with spare cash then we will need to look at our legal status as an International Online Guild and liabilities for tax etc (for the country where the Guild was formed and is managed from).

I hope this answers the questions Dave. :P

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 07:17:30 am »
Scrimmy it does, thanks

Dave

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 07:05:49 pm »
Thanks for fielding that one Scrimmy,.. had a mad busy day and only now looking at the PC!

We have been giving away any excess funds in the form of prizes for members so far,.. but again for an organisation to grow it needs funding, so we haven't made plans for our usual January give-away this year. Instead we're going to let the funds grow a little & see what we can do with it that will be useful to ALL the members instead of making just one happy. :)

luther1

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 07:11:56 pm »
Only the philistines would be bothered if you made a profit. Why shouldn't you and good luck to you if you did/do.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 07:24:23 pm »
Cheers guys

Dave the arrogant philistine

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 07:32:12 pm »
If we ever get to the size of the FED, then the paperwork etc will require too many hours to be done unpaid, so we might have to change the non-profit thing. That's something that we'll ask members their opinion on should it ever become necessary,.. until then, what little is left over after costs needs to do as much good as possible, so admin taking a wage is not going to happen.

luther1

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 09:07:55 pm »
It wasn't personal Dave! Trying to be impartial. :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:14 pm »
It's ok that's what I am hear for, to push buttons, I expect a lot of stick and am used to it.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »
In the end.

Just be a member of all the associations, i.e. FWC, BWCA and MGWC that way everyone one wins.

And all professional window cleaners get the benefits whatever they are!

Regards. :)