Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Card payments
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:13:24 am »
Barclays are offering card payment facilities for
£1 per month for 1st 3 months then revert to
standard rates.
Good chance to see if offering this increases
work coming in.
Going down to see them now.

john
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

fitz2kleen

Re: Card payments
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:44:33 am »
Barclays are offering card payment facilities for
£1 per month for 1st 3 months then revert to
standard rates.
Good chance to see if offering this increases
work coming in.
Going down to see them now.

john

let us know how it goes, something we be interested in too

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:48:08 am »
if after the 3 months it doesn't work can you cancel the contract or do you still have to keep going at the full rate?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »
Presume it's a trial Mike that you can decide at the end.
Went down today but it was packed so going to try again
midweek.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 03:54:51 pm »
Terms & conditions
A £1 monthly fee will be charged for 3 months. No transaction fees during this period except: for AMEX transactions; a 0.85% non-secure fee will be charged for any face-to-face transactions not using Chip and PIN, any online transactions not using Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode and any mail or phone transactions not using the Card Security Code.

No joining fee will be charged. The offer applies to all ePDQ (online, phone and mail order payments) products and all PDQ (face-to-face payment terminals) products except the Mobile (GPRS) and Classic Summary VAT terminals.

After the 3 month offer period: A monthly PDQ terminal fee or ePDQ management fee of £14.95 to £27.00 will be charged, depending on product taken; a merchant services charge will apply to each transaction, dependent upon card type used - monthly minimum billing charge of £20.00 will apply if your merchant services charges are less than this; a transaction fee will also apply for ePDQ products; if you are eligible for Barclaycard Freedom and choose to join, there will be an additional 2% charge for transactions made using a Barclaycard.
Just found this looks like your signing up for 18 months mike

The £1 fee applies per product or terminal taken and is subject to VAT where applicable. Full details will be available in your application pack. An 18-month minimum term applies for some products. Existing PDQ and ePDQ customers are not eligible for this promotion. Terms of this offer apply only to retailers whose turnover on card transactions is less than £600,000 per annum. Retailer turnover is calculated at a chain level and incorporates all outlets.

Barclays standard ePDQ and PDQ terms and conditions will apply. The start date for the offer is 00.00 BST on 15th September, 2010. The closing date for the offer is 23:59 BST on 15th October, 2010. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Barclays offer. Barclays reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

mark shannon

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:06:55 pm »
Heres an email from the company the NCCA recommend,

Good afternoon Mark, 

Thank you for your interest in our MobilePOS service. It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier today.

To summarize:

MobilePOS

There is a set up fee for this service which is £50.

We charge 30p per transaction so your mobile POS is actually Pay-As-You-Go. A yearly License Fee (PER User) is £15.

Mobile POS is simple and easy to use, no monthly rent for terminals, there is a web based database which logs every transaction so you can keep track of your money, and NO CONTRACT! Just a 30 day notice period.   

Also, there is a Minimum billing charge of £10 per month (If you do 33X Transactions = £9.90 we will charge £10) 

Please note: ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE TREATED AS 'CARD NOT PRESENT' RATES

For the merchant account, we can arrange an account for you with Allied Irish Bank; this takes approx 7 days to set up. There is a £100 joining fee and then you are charged 2.4% for credit card transactions and 32p for debit cards.

Demonstration link: http://www.adelante.co.uk/mobilepos.html

Do read through, complete and sign the forms and return them to us if this is something you wish to proceed with.

If you have any queries regarding either of these services please do contact me on the number below.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind Regards

Kyle Sinhal
Adelante Software Limited
Telephone:       01628 820500
Facsimile:         01628 820509

www.adelante.co.uk

FREEPOST RSHZ-STCC-EJEH
Adelante Software Ltd
Unit 22 Grove Park
Waltham Road
White Waltham
MAIDENHEAD
SL6 3LW

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 05:23:05 pm »
we've just gone for this system and its dead easy to set up, they do the merchant bank setup for you, and a quick download ( we use it on iphone ) and away you go,

used for a few weeks now and no probs, and money in the bank  ;D

why rent a unit when you can just use your phone which you have on you anyway.!

Another advantage is you can add second and third users without the hassle of renting more units, they just need a phone,

worth a look, not sure if you get a discount through ncca as we did it before we saw the recomendation,

Regards
Steve

SteveAllan

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »
Sounds good, im currently renting a machine but the phone option seems better. Sorry for being thick, the £10 minimum billing charge, how does that work, say if i have a month where mostly paid cash and get say 5 customers paying by mobile pos @ £50 each.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 06:09:42 pm »
even if the transaction charges are a couple of quid you still pay £10 as thats there minimum charge per month.

steve

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 06:25:46 pm »
Steve
Talk me though using the phone to get payment from the customer, and how much you pay as a setup and then ongoing.

and is it with the same business as NCCA?

mark shannon

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »
Steve do you pass on the 2.4% for credit card transactions to the customer?

Steve Chapman

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »
Hi Joe,
Yes it's Adelante, you will get one statement from the merchant account with your balance minus the commision and one from Adelante for there charges which could be £10 if you only do a few payments a month.
It's early days yet as not done a full month yet, but so far paid £50 to Adelante and £100 for merchant account which is one off payment.
If you have an iPhone you can download the app for free and literally put in customer card no. Exp date and amount also security no. And submit and it verifies payment straight away.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 07:42:27 pm »
Just knowing you've got the money straight away is a real benefit, I have customers asking every week if I take cards so think is the way to go.

It's also benefit of not having another piece of equipment to carry around or keep in the van, with your phone it's always with you so really handy to use.

Mark,
I don't pass on the 2.4% but that's just personal to me, most payments I have taken are for over £100 so I'm happy to absorb the charge,  steve

derek west

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »
are you ltd to iphone only or can you use an apprpriate app for most phones?

Steve Chapman

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »
They reckon they have software for most modern phones, but needs to be 3G compatible

Steve

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »
Steve, I'll have to give you a call about this, but one question, how do you go about giving the customer a printed receipt for their card payment if you're not using a card machine?

Steve Chapman

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 09:04:50 pm »
Basically you don't, I show them on the screen what's been taken and give them a written one. It's similar I guess to when people pay over the phone for stuff.

I've not had anyone query it yet, I think because you're mobile maybe they don't expect a printed one anyway.

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 09:11:22 pm »
sounds like a great idea but are customers really going to be happy with you taking all their card details and putting them in on your phone? what's to stop you from re-using them?

edit: yours  is the first site i've seen to acually recommend using vanish  :o

Steve Chapman

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »
The phone doesn't store the details they disappear after the transaction, amazingly custmers are very trusting, mine are anyhow  ;D

If vanish is good enough for woolsafe then it's good enough for me  ;

Steve

Adam P

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 12:47:32 am »
yes of course details disappear after the transaction on a phone that hasn't been tampered with. you could easily be using an app that pretends to do the work but is actually storing the details to be used later for other purchases.