This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Not today thankyou!!
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:11:13 am »
Anyone had this said to them lately?

Not today because the cats asleep :o

Not today because it looks like rain ;D

Not today because our family is coming today. :(

Not today because my wifes got the flu :o
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Re: Not today thankyou!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:15:53 am »
What a ridiculous comment.

Women don't get flu!

gewindows

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:31:21 am »
'Can you not do them today; You always do this, the last time you came the dog-groomer was coming then too'

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:52 am »

This often leads to me moving on and seeking an alternative customer.  Not always though by any means.  Sometimes there are perfectly good reasons rather than excuses.  I had one recently where it was "Not today thanks as the guttering is about to fall down."  It was true too.  It wasn't plastic either.  So the job is suspended until the guttering and fascia are replaced (the problem seems to be with the fascia rotting and that guttering is the old, heavy stuff).  So I've no problem with it at times like that.

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:37 am »
three strikes and you are out
if it is dirty it is fair game

Daniel Watson

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:30 am »
all from the same person over three separate months

not today, Im on the phone.
not today, the chickens have scratched up my lawn,
not today, its too hot

BYE

Craig 72

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:22:09 am »
Yeah sometimes the reasons are fair enough.The main one seems to be building work going on and I've no problem with that.If somebody just said not today for no reason I'd be tempted to just bin them on the spot.Some people act like we're just boy scouts looking for a little sweetie money rather than realising we have bills to pay like everyone else.

^The chickens have scratched up my lawn,lol!What a great excuse for not cleaning the windows.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 12:29:28 pm »
Have to admit at the moment if I canned all the people that are late payers...and those playing games...I could drop around 30 houses at least...sometimes I just get the feeling that being a window cleaners is just an excuse for people to play games with you.

I dropped someone only yesterday nice job around 33 quid house but last time I was there...excuse, then another...he came over yesterday with just the wrong words...so he was dumped on the spot...

I hate dumping people but sometimes you just have enough of being a mug to them.

Dave...ps I'm at home as it's tipping it down.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

lee09

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:32:36 pm »
Have to admit at the moment if I canned all the people that are late payers...and those playing games...I could drop around 30 houses at least...sometimes I just get the feeling that being a window cleaners is just an excuse for people to play games with you.

I dropped someone only yesterday nice job around 33 quid house but last time I was there...excuse, then another...he came over yesterday with just the wrong words...so he was dumped on the spot...

I hate dumping people but sometimes you just have enough of being a mug to them.

Dave...ps I'm at home as it's tipping it down.

Hi Dave
I hate dropping poor customers too as I think it's business lost.
Truth for me though is if they are unreliable it's no business loss. It also improves my outlook or mood that helps gear me up to replace them.
Lee

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:01:12 pm »
do any of you want to come and clean my custy windows and i wont pay you?

of course you wouldnt, so why do windows for free for custy, u would dump them if they didnt pay,  it is the same as not todayers,  the odd one is ok, but some of them are ripping it

i am going to make a predicition, in dec they will say not this month it is xmas,   i have some on my round that where like that  i dont even bother knocking,  just remove them from your list and replace them   and if they ask you to do them in a few months  charge more,  or just say i thought u cancelled

LWC

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »
Not today because im worried about the volcanic ash

(sunny day) Not today, can you come back on another sunny day?

Can you leave it the windows are a bit fragile today...still never got that one

kate1

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:24:21 pm »
Pain in the glass maybe??

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:18 pm »
not today-the wifes just stripped the beds

???

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »
At least you get a reason even if its silly one .... the only time I had a not today all I got was an upper window opened and the bloke shouted not today and then slammed the window .... went back the following month and all was ok so guessed they were shagging  ;D or he wasnt with his mrs in the bedroom

Wc Solutions

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:45 pm »

used to have that approach but now we are so much more busy its down to 1 or 2 and then dump.

havent got the time for 'cowboy customers'

Crystal-clear

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 04:17:50 pm »

lol i had a custy call me saying not today i have just had an accident and the ambulance are on the way. that was the funniest ever who the hell calls a window cleaner if you have called an ambulance? so i went over one night to find out whats happening , i find she has now clean windows (it was a new cust) looks like she had a cheaper quote and was embarrassed to say so :) 

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
we've had one who didn't want us to clean because of building work - fair enough. This goes on for 6 months and then finally he wants them cleaned (he must have put us off 4 times) We explain that as it's been 6 months and dirt everywhere that it will be slightly more. He's not happy with this but says we can call the following day, we also explain as there are more windows then price will have to go up, he says will discuss tomorrow.

We turn up, and the wife says that she only has £10 and that's all she's prepared to pay. We explain there are more windows, they are filthy and so the price has to go to £15. She says no, and if we're not prepared to do for £10 then she'll use next doors window cleaner. We say OK use him then, her jaw drops and we thank her for her time and walk off.  Anyone who does this house for £10 would want their head looking at.

I think the moral of this story is if people start messing you about that unless there is a really good reason then it's very likely to be an excuse and it's best to look elsewhere for a new customer!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 05:56:28 pm »

I prefer to assess it on a case by case basic.
The problem with 3 and out is that if you don't tell the customer about this, it is meaningless because if they've done it once and retained your services, they will probably feel (with some justification) that they can do it again.  On the other hand, if you do tell them about this policy, they may try to manipulate around it by feeling that they've got x number of "lives" left.  Therefore I work it in a manner that is less consistent than this.  A lot, for me, depends on how lucrative the job is and whether it is one on its own or in among a load of other work.  It also depends on the customer's past history.  If someone has been a good reliable customer for many years and stops you cleaning just the once without saying why, I can probably live with that as it may be due to something they wish to keep private.  On the other hand, as happened a few months ago, a customer who was a very irregular payer in an averagely priced house stopped me cleaning very late in the day when there wasn't time to go elsewhere.  Even though I work three doors away, I just decided that I wasn't doing that one any more.

Jackal

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 05:57:25 pm »
my first customer lost said can you leave it for a couple of months as my dad is doing some work in the garden or drive cant remember which one it was,and said his dad  doing the windows,he will let me no when start them again,his dad must be 60 as he looks 40 odd,thought yeh right whatever,i do the neighbours and can see nothings been done for 3 months now so i cant wait to price the house up when hes ready again,he was a crap payer anyway

DanC

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 06:58:37 pm »
I mainly come on this forum to share best practice etc but also for posts like this one.  Some very funny ones, I can't wait to have my a "not today thank you" I've not yet had the pleasure  ;D ;D