This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

why waste money on leaflet drops
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:45:55 pm »
just been out canvassing locally and was just thinking why waste the time on printing leaflets as most people just chuck em in the waste bin. .out of 100 leaflets you will probably get a 2% call back so as opposed to knocking doors knocked 4 doors and got 2 custies your views welcome mates :)

Re: why waste money on leaflet drops
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:48:52 pm »
Lazy sod.....why did you only knock 4 doors? ;D

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »
i found the door knocking tiresome,its draining emotionally when you get big slobs time after time ,then  opening my mouth time after time and saying clearly  the same old tutt ,with a forced smile . another downer is that  a "pro" householder may railroad you into giving a lower price on the doorstep than what you really wanted

whereas shoving out  hundreds of leaflets is only very tiresome on the feet  and you have plenty of time to consider the job price when they ring up  ;)

erithwc

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »
i do leaflet drops only for one good reason i hate people knocking on my door trying to sell a service or items and so do alot of other people if they want a window cleaning they can use my leaflet and call me

lyndy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »
Once you have knocked a door and got a no,you can't knock it again.where as with leaflets you keep sending them sometimes you can get a yes after 2 or 3 goes

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:27:38 pm »
I ONLY HAD 10 MINS TO DO THE CANVASSING IN  ITS A DEBATE ME AND ME MISSUS HAVE GOIN ON AND FOUND A SITE WHO PRINTS LEAFLETS FOR £100 FOR 5000 IS IT WASTING MONEY OR AM I A CHEAP SKATE AND SHOULD BRASS UP THE DOSH ;)

lyndy

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 04:33:41 pm »
Brass up!! Depends how much time you have,takes 10 mins to order them,pay someone to deliver them,sit back and wait for the calls

gavin pedley

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:39:28 pm »
Think about your leaflet too the right one can bring in more than another, there are many good ideas out there for good leaflets that get noticed as many get chucked straight in the bin.

I dont even look at leaflets that get put i my door any more i literally pick them up and put them in the bin not even knowing what they are for, this is a good example of a leaflet that will get read http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=106524.0

wpclean

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 04:58:42 pm »
Try using cards instead, I find they get a better response and they usually hang on to them for future reference .

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 05:06:36 pm »
SO I HAVE TO BRASS UP THEN SEEMS THE LADY HAS WON  ;D WILL TAKE IT OUT OF HER SHOPPING MONEY

glen parva

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:09:12 pm »
thats all we do is leaflet picked up 100 custys this year and loads of 1 offs
 2 churches  and a few shops i let the custy call me there idea i found with door knocking it on the spot decision  and they come and go quicker least with leaflets its there idea  ;D

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 05:41:24 pm »
Leaflets will be ordered tomorrow - and not out the shopping money neither! Think combination of leaflets and door knocking will be used to compare how each works. Both has its merits I think. Personally not comfortable with door knocking because I don't like being disturbed whereas other half will talk to anyone  ;D

tom2009

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 05:54:04 pm »
can't beat a bit of knocking! I know some windies see it as begging for work, thats what one round here told me it felt like - can't beat a bit of begging  ;)

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:52 pm »
If anyone is comfortable with door knocking I say go for it - and who cares if its begging!

Too many of those 'no canvassing' signs appearing though so will have to be a leaflet for them - if it's worth bothering at all

DanC

why waste money on leaflet drops
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »
I dropped some (reasonably priced) business cards recently.  Before putting them through the letter box, I had a quick look, put a price on the back and option of frequency (4 or 8 weeks) and it proved quite effective.  I'm going to do it again ;D

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 06:20:59 pm »
While all you guys are 'waiting around' for some1 to ring you  a more motivated w/c will be
getting them on board, working and getting paid.

this year i door knocked at at the last count picked up over 250 regular new custy's
plus loads of other items, such as conny cleans,

if i knock a door and get a no, they get a leaflet, then i don't have to waste time re leafleting that address,

i'm sure many people get fed up reading the same leaflet every couple of months!

leaflets work, but it's a slow burn, if you need want to get work and a decend quantity then knocking is
the way to go.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:48 pm »
I use a combination of the 2, I will drop 200-300 leaflets of each night then on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday-late morning I will quickly knock on the doors I have leafleted that week.

One thing I have noticed lately is there are more and more no salesmen signs on the front of doors.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

tom2009

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 07:17:45 pm »
I use a combination of the 2, I will drop 200-300 leaflets of each night then on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday-late morning I will quickly knock on the doors I have leafleted that week.

One thing I have noticed lately is there are more and more no salesmen signs on the front of doors.

Matt

we've only got to worry when the signs say no window cleaners

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 07:36:39 pm »
LOL @ Tom

;D ;D ;D ;D
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »
i think ive upset me missus re leaflets and shopping money issue  dog house beckons