Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

changing my window cleaner image!
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:14:39 pm »
for years i had old cars usually estates(sierras/mondeos etc)old trad gear, any old clothes for work,even used fairy washing up liquid for detergent!notebook for keeping track of round.since joining this forum ive changed my image a bit and its worked wonders for my confidence/pricing and my attitude.my business is now steadily getting better!

small van/wfp

decent trad gear/gg3 detergent

uniform

george window cleaning program

i even have a shave in the morning!(most days!)

and ill be getting my signage on monday for my van!

any of you guys done the same?and has your business/outlook improved and changed?

i see some guys just like i used to be and i know we are both window cleaners but ive been enlightened by some of you lot and im not stumbling around in the dark anymore!

im safer,smarter and can clean ALL windows now and earn more money!its been a long time coming but im looking forward to building a better business!

now a PROFESSIONAL WINDOW CLEANER!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

darragh windows

Re: changing my window cleaner image!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:37:47 pm »
I see anyone who comes on this site as professional , we are all basically sharing knowledge to help us improve what we do , every single member that signs in is taking the time to help themselves improve their own business and also help others in the process .

We can all learn through each others mistakes, which gear to buy , where to buy it,how deal with customers making window cleaning safer,and more profitable
jamie

lee09

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »
Well done mate. Plus you seem to be a decent bloke.
Best wishes Daz
Lee

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »
cheers guys!i also have business cards/leaflets,smart sticky self addressed stickers for envelopes,my WINDOWS CLEANED TODAY tickets also have my other add on services printed on as well.

90% of my work is in a very affluent area and its time to go for the better paying work and build another higher paying round.having a better image with better equipment i stand a better chance.also an old guy is winding down near me and he s got some very nice work that i want!! ;) :) :)

thanks for all the posts and advice good and bad!

best wishes to you all

dazmond

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »
i dont know how you survived for 16 years before you found the pole  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:18 pm »
You sound like a man no longer living in the past Dazmond.

Good luck to you, hope you make far more money now than you did previously.

I hope he makes far more money now cos his overheads have gone through the roof!

gewindows

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »

any of you guys done the same?and has your business/outlook improved and changed?

Yes, and because of the listed improvements you plan to make Daz my income has risen 250% compared to 3 years ago.

If you want to see what work I do now go over to the dark side and checkout the 'My Day in Pics' threads, Ive put up about 8.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:41 pm »
i survived just about stan and 2 ladder falls!! :o :o

....but my knees are creaking after climbing ladders 100+times a day for 16 years.....!!

thankfully i dont have to worry about that now!.............................................................................................................................its my shoulders/neck and elbows now!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

birdymiller you always sound miserable and post as if you have a large chip on your shoulder!chill out!

ok wfp didnt work out for you!im just getting going!!!could you not master it?and did you have anyone show you how to use it properly??

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:42 pm »

Yes, and because of the listed improvements you plan to make Daz my income has risen 250% compared to 3 years ago.

If you want to see what work I do now go over to the dark side and checkout the 'My Day in Pics' threads, Ive put up about 8.

Yes my own turnover has doubled since 2006.  However my outgoings are also much higher.  Subtract costs from tunover though and my profits are a lot healthier.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 10:52:15 pm »
rise and shine i HAVE made all them changes will the exception of van signage(van magnets should come monday!)

its like im starting all over again!!250% in 3 years!thats fantastic!well done!! :) :)

if i could earn half again of what i earn at present most weeks then id be happy!

overheads will be higher birdy but the extra money im charging for the awkward windows  that i never cleaned before covers them already!so when im faster and gaps start appearing in my schedule ill be filling them with bigger better paying jobs so thatll be more money!also im finding its not that hard to work another hour or so longer in the day as im not as tired as tradding all day! ;) :D :D

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 11:16:41 pm »
well done dazmond, u seen to have gone from a window cleaner to a window cleaning business,  i had that sort of moment a few months ago and picked up loads of work,  what u find is u want to start working more, it is easier to get out in the morning,  u will start to think about employing again so u can grow your business, i am in the process of turning my van in to a 2 man van, if you really want to put the fire in your belly again go to the princes trust and ask about being a mentor for some one who is starting there own business,  that usually makes you realise how easy the business is to run,  when u r trying to explain to some one how to run theres

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 11:32:16 pm »
even used fairy washing up liquid for detergent!

For the love of God, no! Tell me you didn`t  :o.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 11:36:09 pm »

great stuff ,cleans the windows then collects the dirt ready for the next clean  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 11:37:55 pm »
hi darren your right most days i do want to get out early and work harder but im not planning on employing again!NOOO!! :o :o ;D ;D

Im planning slow but steady improvements to my business and taking on bigger and better paying jobs!im not after  taking over the world of window cleaning!

1.take on bigger better paying jobs!

2.dump the underpriced or up the price by a few quid!

3.advertise!(sign written van/leaflets/business cards in shop/local posh garage)

REPEAT THE  ABOVE FOR YEARS AND YEARS!until i have a round like roy hardings!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

4.NETWORK!ask custies for anyone they know who lives in large country houses with filthy windows!)

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 11:41:16 pm »

great stuff ,cleans the windows then collects the dirt ready for the next clean  ;)

If only it would collect the money too  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 11:46:21 pm »

If only it would collect the money too  ;).
cant have everything  ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 11:54:57 pm »
 I might try that shaving thing and dig me old school (borstal) uniform out then.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Scrimmer73

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 12:08:28 am »
I hear what your saying , and the profesional window cleaner will be out on Monday morning . (hopefully)
15 years at this game almost ,, and i have had more poachers this summer than any other year ...

I am a one man band,  may be i`m not as frequent as i should be , but the 3/4 minete converstaion at each clean when they they occur , has paid dividends over the years .

Customers , have said i want you to clean  my windows ......

Why , a friendly service is offered

I wish you well   

Shine On    :D

Newannaive

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 12:10:10 am »

we always use it   :D

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 12:22:33 am »

we always use it   :D

I was joking. It was for the OP; I don`t see how the detergent you use changes your image  ::).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐