This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: changing my window cleaner image!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 05:55:28 am »
All I can say Dazmond is well down you have achieved what so many just cannot do. They are resistant to change. Stuck is a world gone by. Its amazing how stubbed some gits are, then they still knock you. When folk offer help to improve there lot. They are just thick. Keep going and change at a steady rate  you will reap the gold as you go
 WELL DOWN MATE.

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 05:56:22 am »
To the guy who said his cost will go up. You are so rite mate .BUT it will increase 1 fold to make ten fold. MR Negative. You could not see money if it fell on your head
 :o :o ??? ??? ??? ::)

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 06:50:14 am »
What's impressive about you daz is not that you've made money or cleaned your act up but that you have had your mind and opinions changed.Being mentally flexible is your best asset.

In the early phases of your convesion i found you a bit irritating.The things you were asking were so obvious but you were reluctant to get on and do it.And you made excuses.You now make fewer and fewer excuses which is great.

birdymiller

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 08:26:08 am »
To the guy who said his cost will go up. You are so rite mate .BUT it will increase 1 fold to make ten fold. MR Negative. You could not see money if it fell on your head

So if a trad cleaner who annually spends around £50 on his kit, his cost will increase to £100 and if he earns £25 an hour he will start to earn £250 an hour. I think something has already fell on your head mr wizkid  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 09:28:16 am »
slumpy i know i went a bit overboard with the questions and i was a bit crippled with indicision! ;) ;D ;D ;D

but im getting better with wfp and most days im loving it!i try and keep an open mind on most things these days.

as for fairy liquid i used it for 16 years but it doesnt do as good a job as gg3 IMO.

im aiming to be the BEST window cleaner in my area and because ive added wfp it opens up a whole new avenue of business.im picking up more and more add on jobs such as conny roofs etc and they want them cleaning regularly so i can just whack another £15-£20 on the price of the normal clean(if their fairly clean).some want it bi monthly,other every 3-4 months.same with fascias/soffits but im getting these on an annual basis.not to mention the extra windows i can clean now with frames/sills cleaned as standard.its early days yet with wfp but in a year or two i can see ill have a much more profitable business.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

tws

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 10:16:00 am »
slumpy i know i went a bit overboard with the questions and i was a bit crippled with indicision! ;) ;D ;D ;D

but im getting better with wfp and most days im loving it!i try and keep an open mind on most things these days.

as for fairy liquid i used it for 16 years but it doesnt do as good a job as gg3 IMO.

im aiming to be the BEST window cleaner in my area and because ive added wfp it opens up a whole new avenue of business.im picking up more and more add on jobs such as conny roofs etc and they want them cleaning regularly so i can just whack another £15-£20 on the price of the normal clean(if their fairly clean).some want it bi monthly,other every 3-4 months.same with fascias/soffits but im getting these on an annual basis.not to mention the extra windows i can clean now with frames/sills cleaned as standard.its early days yet with wfp but in a year or two i can see ill have a much more profitable business.

regards

dazmond
these kind off debates always turn into traditional cleaners v wfp that's missing the point dazmonds attitude is what makes all the difference here.
 he will do a good job whichever method he chooses because he,s showing a professional attitude good on him.
 he meets challenges head on asks loads of questions to come to the right decisions and he,s not afraid of hard work or change newbies take note dazmond is copying a successful model he,s seen on here done by others  nothing wrong with that. 

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 10:22:20 am »
for years i had old cars usually estates(sierras/mondeos etc)old trad gear, any old clothes for work,even used fairy washing up liquid for detergent!notebook for keeping track of round.since joining this forum ive changed my image a bit and its worked wonders for my confidence/pricing and my attitude.my business is now steadily getting better!

small van/wfp

decent trad gear/gg3 detergent

uniform

george window cleaning program

i even have a shave in the morning!(most days!)

and ill be getting my signage on monday for my van!

any of you guys done the same?and has your business/outlook improved and changed?

i see some guys just like i used to be and i know we are both window cleaners but ive been enlightened by some of you lot and im not stumbling around in the dark anymore!

im safer,smarter and can clean ALL windows now and earn more money!its been a long time coming but im looking forward to building a better business!

now a PROFESSIONAL WINDOW CLEANER!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

so no more peeing in the customers bushes then ?? or nicking their potted plants  ;)  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 02:12:27 pm »
i dont know how you survived for 16 years before you found the pole  ;)

That's just it - as a one man band on ladders I "survived". Now I'm wfp I  can "live" a little more.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 09:49:22 pm »
Birdumiller your post just proves your small mindedness. WE are talking about a increase in volume in Business. He will be able to do more custys per day. Do work you cannot do at the moment. Try climbing up your ladder to second and 3 rd floor to clean glass. This type of work commands higher prices.  This will all be possible with a pole and from the ground. I at this moment clean ground and first of a house for 10 to 12,50, if I put a 3 floor on top of this my price goes up to 25 pound because not many can do this work safely.  You lack the vision that Dazmond has just discovered and you will be in the void of history, but please dont move on so we can make more money that you will loose out on.The only thing that fell on my head is blessings.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:41 pm »

So if a trad cleaner who annually spends around £50 on his kit, his cost will increase to £100 and if he earns £25 an hour he will start to earn £250 an hour. I think something has already fell on your head mr wizkid  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Birdy, what he was trying to say is yes the overheads have gone up, but only by 50%, compared to the income that has gone up by 100%. because he can get twice as much work done in the same amount of time.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

John drake

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:26 pm »

Birdy, what he was trying to say is yes the overheads have gone up, but only by 50%, compared to the income that has gone up by 100%. because he can get twice as much work done in the same amount of time.

Matt

Yes because as soon as you pick up a pole your income increases by 100 % ::)
Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:25 am »
The pole is very fast on bigger jobs, did a new cust last week. Took what I felt to be ages.
'Wow that's the quickest they have ever been cleaned' she said. It was a large 3 storey house.
But I think it's important to remember

It's not a magic wand

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »

regards

dazmond

Great. The only thing i'd take issue with is you trying to be the best.It's important that you are proud of what you do, and it's imortant that the customer either sees or realises that.(as opposed to splash and dash) However dazmond you are not in this business to be the best, leave that to someone else.You are here to make money.If the customers love you thats great and a bonus.
Try and remember all those trad years of knocking yourself out and getting nowhere.You've got some years in front of you now to make a few bob.Don't look back and say i was the best window cleaner, look back and say i made the most money i could and it changed my life.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »
i understand what your saying slumpy i try not to cut corners when working though! ;) ;D ;D

its a fine line between doing an adequate job and taking the pee with a quick splash and dash!

i am in it to make money but i also like to do a good job!the extra effort ive put into my first and second cleans will speed me up on future cleans!

i dont think ive even started making the most of wfp as im still learning!!(got a couple of first cleans still yet to do! ::) ;D ;D)
price higher/work harder!