Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Is everyone else manically busy ??
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »
It`s as good for me now,as it was on the run up to last xmas,not sure what is going on,getting lot`s of repeat work,all 3 agency`s are now giving me bookings,it`s great,just hope it continues.

Due to the fact i have adjusted the pressure bypass thing on the machine i am now using half the amount of chems,and solution,think it must be bypassing at about 100psi ish,carpets are drying much quicker,and still getting great results.
Would rather that than have it over pressuring,and possibly blowing the seals out the pump,like it did last time !
What goes around comes around

dave123

Re: Is everyone else manically busy ??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:32:00 pm »
Manic for me also Mark just having a quick break before going out again been on the go since 6:30am ..Booked solidly for the next few weeks . Got in with a few cleaning companies and doing maintenance cleans for kiddies nurseries and office blocks every 3 months .What with that and the letting agencies being very busy it's been quite profitable for me .

Dave

Phillip Mold

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:45:01 pm »
Warning new customers now when they ring, busy for nearly three weeks ahead ! Whats going on?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

David Rogers

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:06:06 pm »
Another thing I've noticed is that everyone wants a clean NOW! ..... Had a very unfriendly sounding woman on the phone an hour ago who asked my price for a single dining room. When I said I'd like to come and take a look she barked "it's clean it just stinks of dogs as the bitch has had pups. I want it done in the morning" ......... Told her it would be a week on Thursday...  ;)   

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:09 pm »
Great that some of you are so busy, even at my busiest times ( excepting past Christmas periods ) i was NEVER booked up three weeks in advance and that's when we got through 5 - 6 jobs per day.

Be interested to know your marketing methods

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:44:15 pm »
come on bob, this is CIU ;) ;D

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »
Great that some of you are so busy, even at my busiest times ( excepting past Christmas periods ) i was NEVER booked up three weeks in advance and that's when we got through 5 - 6 jobs per day.

Be interested to know your marketing methods

Ditto

come on bob, this is CIU ;) ;D

Umm the evidence is in the recorded timings of some posts ;D

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 09:05:04 pm »
My best ever cc only year was 2001, I turned over 190k in carpet and upholstery cleaning only.
(LM LOL). 

The longest a customer had to wait for a job... ie  the farthest ahead I was booked was one week.

odd jobs were sometimes booked severel weeks ahead. If it ever got to the point that I was booked solid for 3 weeks I would decide whether to raise prices or add another van.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28:43 pm »
My best ever cc only year was 2001, I turned over 190k in carpet and upholstery cleaning only.
(LM LOL). 

The longest a customer had to wait for a job... ie  the farthest ahead I was booked was one week.

odd jobs were sometimes booked severel weeks ahead. If it ever got to the point that I was booked solid for 3 weeks I would decide whether to raise prices or add another van.

Was that just you with a portable?

Must get timimings taken off  ;D ;D

jasonl

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:31 pm »
I had 2 vans , 4 buffers , and a crappy Chem dry portable.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

clinton

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 09:45:30 pm »
I remember the small chem dry upholstery machines and the rainbow vac jason ;D

The Great One

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »
Hi

Snowed under as of today, not booked up weeks in advance though.

Doing a lot for my LA clients, got 3 tomorrow, got a paint and clean thurs/fri

Got a paint on the 9th of Aug but an LA told me today that I now get all they have, it's student season and I have 3 extra LA clients for Carpets, EOT cleans and painting.

Having a web site built and an editorial coming out in August.

Long may it last

Regards

Martin

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 10:06:01 pm »
I remember the small chem dry upholstery machines and the rainbow vac jason ;D

I still have one more left!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 10:06:09 pm »
Not  solid 3 weeks in advance either !
Only the 1 job today,booked a big rug while there,for one neighbour,and also quoted the new place the people from the first job have moved into.
Next week is also pretty good though
What goes around comes around

Ricky M

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 10:14:38 pm »
Now fully booked this week and have 26 jobs ( staggered ) booked for next month at the min 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:32 pm »
i'm booked up for the next two weeks (including weekends) but thats the first time in 10 years!
Always been booked up to a week in advanced at the most. For me its not a fun postions to be in as i have 2 letting agents i work for and they always want them done yestarday!! so have to squeezin in a few late nighters! :(

Richard Cole

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »
O.K only my first week of trading but  i have got 3 bookings today and an eot on friday, so fairly chuffed to be up and running.

Spent a day with Philip last week, and he gave me some great advice.  So thanks again for letting me come out with you last week.

As regards to being booked up for next week or 3 weeks, its all relative, whilst one cleaner might do 5 jobs a day and only be booked up for that week, another might be happy with 1 or 2 jobs a day and hence spread the jobs out over a longer period, hey each to your own.  
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

wynne jones

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 11:21:16 pm »
If you get a truckmount you are rarely booked up more than a week as you can just go through the work like a hot knife through butter. I think some guys like to finish fairly early in the day which is fair enough.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 07:29:56 am »
O.K only my first week of trading but  i have got 3 bookings today and an eot on friday, so fairly chuffed to be up and running.

Spent a day with Philip last week, and he gave me some great advice.  So thanks again for letting me come out with you last week.

As regards to being booked up for next week or 3 weeks, its all relative, whilst one cleaner might do 5 jobs a day and only be booked up for that week, another might be happy with 1 or 2 jobs a day and hence spread the jobs out over a longer period, hey each to your own.  

Well done Richard, keep it going!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 07:45:50 am »
I wouldnt say I am manically busy but this last few days I have seen an upsurge in inquiry's, most of which have become bookings.

What we need to do is find the person with the switch and zonk him/her before it gets turned off.  ;D