Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Padding
« on: July 20, 2010, 06:06:21 pm »
 Right, ok, I never thought I'd find myself saying this but I've decided to do a bit of padding, purely for test purposes.  :'(

I've got a drive plate for my RX20 and loads of conventional soil absorption pads: www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/145...
And standard carpet pads: http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Produ...

So what else would I need?
Which chemical?
I'm going to test it out on a very large job we've got coming up which is all low profile stuff.

Simon

richie

Re: Padding
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:37 pm »
Simon, whats going on with you the past month or so....LOL.  Anyway, i have found Solutions Fusion Clean very good and also Hydramaster Zip Dri & Prchem Bonnet Buff.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »
Richie,

I've decided to give things a go that I have previously frowned upon, but if I'm being truthful have never tried. So now I'm trying them and I've learned lots of new things along the way.

Simon

richie

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »
Good on ya Simon

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
So what else would I need?
Which chemical?
I'm going to test it out on a very large job we've got coming up which is all low profile stuff.

What would you like? The book answer or a means to an end answer?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »
Any answer is fine. I beginners guide to padding will do fine.

Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:28:18 pm »
Any answer is fine. I beginners guide to padding will do fine.

Book answer: A really good pre-vac is paramount to padding. Pre-spray with MS (of your own choice). Aggitate. Take pad out of bucket containing hot water (hot so you need gloves is best). Wring out as best you can. One quick run over about 6 sq/m. Turn pad over and redo but slower the same 6 sq/m working north-south then east-west. And keep going.
Quicker alternative: Pre spray then aggitate using one of the pads just for that purpose. Take pad out of bucket and run over about 20 sq/m
Alternative quick method: Pre spray using any alkaline carpet cleaner. Take pad out of bucket containing acid rinse and run over 20 sq/m

I know some won't like some of my methods because their not 'book' but it works for me.

derek west

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:32:37 pm »
simon.
truckmount as usual, then spray a pad with microsplitter and bonnet over truckmounted area, then look at pad and say sorry derek, you were right ;D

jasonl

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »
simon.
truckmount as usual, then spray a pad with microsplitter and bonnet over truckmounted area, then look at pad and say sorry derek, you were right ;D

I have been padding for 18 years, not like that though.  ;D
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 07:55:36 pm »
works for me.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »
Not with you there, Derek, you been on the beer again?

Simon

derek west

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 08:20:34 pm »
ive been tea total, well! latte total since january the first, with the exception of 3 newcastle brown ales in march on my birthday. ;D

just got to pack in the ciggies now.

wynne jones

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 11:24:12 pm »
Can you get urine and dog poo out of a carpet with a pad?

I would have thought you need some other extraction method as well or pass on a job like that.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

clinton

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 08:01:47 am »
I would hwe first wynne before i padded ;D

Then blast it with my pads.. ::)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 08:54:48 am »
I find the secret to success with padding is not to exspect the carpet to come clean with a single pass of the bonnet, I find on  most carpets it takes 3 or 4 goes with extra pre-spray betreen stages.

this is why I find the speed quoted by companies who sell pad systems to be wrong  it takes me  just as long to pad as it does to HWE.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

paul wallace

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 09:15:08 am »
Excuse me  :D , as I'm only new to this but in my limited experience I find the system great for maintenance of low profile carpets but when I've needed to use on BW's etc I've found it to be limited and time taking!

I believe that commom sence tells me it has it place but so do all the different systems and I guess you find what suits you, mirror this to the customers needs and your in business?

Also I think with experience of using the system you can only become better at getting the results, hence why sometimes I'll try; even when I have a better option, just to practise!

Paul.
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

jasonl

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 11:34:10 am »
Excuse me  :D , as I'm only new to this but in my limited experience I find the system great for maintenance of low profile carpets but when I've needed to use on BW's etc I've found it to be limited and time taking!

I believe that commom sence tells me it has it place but so do all the different systems and I guess you find what suits you, mirror this to the customers needs and your in business?

Also I think with experience of using the system you can only become better at getting the results, hence why sometimes I'll try; even when I have a better option, just to practise!

Paul.

I find LM best on BW carpets, I have cleaned dozens of them that HWE cleaners have turned away from due to risk of shrinkage.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ricky M

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »
not too fond of the muck spreading/padding system unless really necessary at all but this morning I'm teaching 1 of our newbies our system in a controlled environment and this is after a 3 hour session on Monday using the trucky. 

He said after doing 3 small office rooms ( well trafficked ) " the white wooly pad looks really filthy but the carpet dont look no where near is good as when we used the machine from the van...... so what's point in this way of cleaning !"

had to just smile and chuckle inside , then of course I expanded: the principle factors of LM. 

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

jasonl

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:01 pm »
So have I been conning people these last 18 years?  I have had a very good life out of padding ,, and continue to do so. I guess it is because I charge high and get carpets to clean that are not too dirty in the first place.

If done correctly ,with training it is a viable system, fast to cover large areas , and the carpets dry quickly, which many customers put high on thier priority list.

I am guessing that few people have been trained formally on how to carry out LM , as I know of no courses in the UK which teach it , apart from texatherm/dry fusion.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Ricky M

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »
So have I been conning people these last 18 years?  I have had a very good life out of padding ,, and continue to do so. I guess it is because I charge high and get carpets to clean that are not too dirty in the first place.

If done correctly ,with training it is a viable system, fast to cover large areas , and the carpets dry quickly, which many customers put high on thier priority list.

I am guessing that few people have been trained formally on how to carry out LM , as I know of no courses in the UK which teach it , apart from texatherm/dry fusion.
:o

Easy big lad I think you may have taken that a bit too personally, was not intended to have a pop at padders and we all have a preference when it come to carpet cleaning. :-*   
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??