This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

WFP..MY THOUGHTS SO FAR!
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:08:28 am »
ive been wfp for 2 days now and its took me around 3 hours extra to clean the same amount of properties that i usually do trad.its cost me more to do it(ie resin/water and the results have been unpredictable!(some have come up fantastic though!)you just dont know what your leaving behind!what do you do?go back and redo?wasting even more time than you already have!.its not making good business sense at all at the moment! ::)

some of you have suggested that i clean both upper and ground floor windows with wfp and i think this is a BIG MISTAKE and it could ruin my reputation as a good window cleaner!ive been trad for 16 years.

most custys dont look  at the upper windows as much as say a kitchen or living room window and im starting to feel uneasy when i go back to check that theyve come up ok!

with gg3 and trad i can do a fantastic job on ground floor windows with no problems,worrying whether ive made a mess of them.

on the positive side ive not had to climb any ladders apart from a single pointer for opening a back gate!

i feel like ive more energy to work longer if i wish as im not constantly climbing ladders!

the frames on white upvc have come up great and this is my selling point!i keep banging on about them to custys!!

its a much more thorough way of cleaning with wfp as ive been cleaning the frames as well and they look brand new in a lot of cases!

anyway im going to make another coffee then im back out there again with the bloody thing!at least its nice and sunny.the windows will dry quicker! ::) ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

LQQK

Re: WFP..MY THOUGHTS SO FAR!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:17:55 am »

some of you have suggested that i clean both upper and ground floor windows with wfp and i think this is a BIG MISTAKE and it could ruin my reputation as a good window cleaner!ive been trad for 16 years.

When you realise that WFP does a superior job you'll start doing the downstairs too, if the madness of the fact of using 2 methods on 1 property doesnt first.

lyndy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:22:00 am »
It will be much quicker to do tops and bottoms wfp, the bottoms will be fine,be ready for the odd custy to cancel people just don't like change mate

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:26:28 am »
Daz - WFP is superb you just need to stick with it and as time goes by you get better and be confident of the results.

perhaps instead of 100% change over and getting bogged down/stressed,  why not select 4 or 5 custy's each day to be WFP and do the rest trad -  next time you do that round select another 4/5  then over 4 or 5 months you get everyone WFP - less stress no late nights and you will get more confident about the whole thing

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 08:26:38 am »
on properties with good upvc frames then wfp on downstairs windows is fine but not on certain old wooden windows or oxidised frames!

im using it on all good quality windows but not on the above

glen parva

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:28:37 am »
ive only been wfp for 8 weeks i did the lot upstairs and down stairs wfp
but down stairs i just dried them off made me feel happy on the frist clean now second time i just leave them wet
and i alway leave a letter explaing what ive done and not lost one couple of worried custys but fine
it will get easier
i did 2 houses on monday if i laddered them would take me 40 mins this time wfp 20 mins £20.00

;)

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:42 am »
 You`ll have it all sorted by the end of the World Cup  ;)  

.................in Brazil 2014  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:34:09 am »
thanks smudger sounds like a good idea but its both feet first for me!all or nothing!(apart from dodgy frames etc!!)

i couldnt just clean say 5 properties wfp then trad the rest until next time!im getting used to not climbing ladders now!
AND THAT IS THE FANTASTIC THING ABOUT WFP!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:14 am »
personaly i find wfp the most boring way of cleaning ever. i get nowhere near the sattisfaction i did
from the job as i did when i was trad.  :'(     

cat9921

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 09:35:40 am »
dazmond you are at the first months stage and it is one of the hardest.. Ok I have said it before and will say it again WFP can be a lot easier if you have the right setup, it can really make a big differance to your work

First going to a pole is going you give you neck pain even if you get a light pole, But I would definitely get the lightest pole you can get it really makes the Job easier ... For the price I would get a harris pole for your standard house..

I know you have a trolly and I would start to think about a van system..

and as for knowing what the windows will be like when you leave the house, Well your idea of cleaning half the house with WFP is not so bad . It will save you water and you only half to check the ups .. As time goes on and you know what windows to use the pole on you can increase.. I do a few downstairs with the trad but what people are saying about doing the whole house WFP is right there is only a few that need trad ..... It just takes time you will get there  ;)

Adders

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »
After 6 years wfp, I still find it as, if not more knackering than trad! I use slx, sl2 & superlite's too ???

tomy jackson

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 04:32:08 pm »
your doing sumet wrong pet
After 6 years wfp, I still find it as, if not more knackering than trad! I use slx, sl2 & superlite's too ???
,its a huge lurning cerve dimand lad but stick with it

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:38 pm »
your doing sumet wrong pet
,its a huge lurning cerve dimand lad but stick with it

;D ;D ;D

Don't think so son, I just don't find trad knackering at all, especially with wagtails it's even easier & quicker than having two tools. ;)

Mist A Bit

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »
dont get stressed over what the results might be like when windows dry, if the custys are well informed that it can take a few cleans to get right then all will be fine.
 What i did was say to the custy "if the results are not as good as my previous meathod after 3 cleans then i`l give you the money back for all three cleans" because i`ve come to realize that 90% of the results are fine first time round and the rest will be ok after next time.
 And i do downstairs wfp to, i think it shows confidence in your chosen meathod.
Its been 6 months for me now and i`ve lost 2 custys because of the change over but gained much bigger jobs such as appartment blocks

steve

tws

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 05:00:03 pm »
on properties with good upvc frames then wfp on downstairs windows is fine but not on certain old wooden windows or oxidised frames!

im using it on all good quality windows but not on the above
seems to me [and i know nowt] that wfp suits big posh houses with good double glazed windows the bigger the better interesting different for round here with loads of 2up 2 downs,anyway nobody can fault your effort and enthusiasm good man dazzmond  ;D must be quicker as well if you had gone van mount and done them all wfp keep changing will slow you down.

John Walker

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 05:04:26 pm »

Hi Daz

Thorough rinsing is the real key to WFP - especially on a first WFP clean.  After that it gets easier each clean.

I do the occasional trad window and I must admit I do like doing it but I wouldn't do it full time. Can't stand the thought of lugging a ladder around and setting it up at each window.

Keep the faith  ;D
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »
Doing some downstairs windows trad for the time being isn't a bad idea and then change them to wfp when your more confident you can do a perfect job every time. When doing first cleans with dirty frames I go around the house twice, first pass I give a good scrub on the frames and go over the windows breifly then on the second pass I go very fast over just the glass, it gives the frames a chance to drain off and not spoil the windows.

Doing the first clean right is important as from then on you can fly around your work with confidence they will dry well. In a few months you won't believe the speed increase. I would also say make sure you leave the glass clean as some people are funny and won't see the fact that there frames are gleaming they'll just be cheesed off that their glass isn't clean

Simon.  
Simon.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »
better day today! ;D ;D

put tap on pole again today so no wet leg like yesterday!worked 930-430 and was about an hour and half slower than if id cleaned them trad.

EVERYTHING got the wfp treatment bar 2 windows above  2 flat roofs(2 ladderclimbs!!)

all frames and glass were gleaming bar the odd run from the middle of a window below 2 small openers and a few spots particularly at the top of the odd windows! ::)

any thoughts on how to prevent these?

i used just less than 250L ALL DAY!! ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »
hose got on my nerves a bit today!snagging on everything and kinking!! >:( >:(

but i love the trolley!very handy piece of kit!a van mount would mean even more hose etc!im happy with the trolley for now.

i will be using it as a mini van mount though on occasions next week!! ;) ;) ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »
 If the frames are anything like mine Dazmond, it`s probably them.
 I know you`ve prepped them but a wipe with a damp m/fibre isn`t going to be enough. There`s years of dirt built up on them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐