This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WCE

Re: WFP..MY THOUGHTS SO FAR!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 06:18:54 pm »
on properties with good upvc frames then wfp on downstairs windows is fine but not on certain old wooden windows or oxidised frames!

On these ones I would just stick to doing the glass if the frames are that bad. As you get used to using WFP you will learn to spot the problem windows.  Keep at it mate it does get eaiser and before you know it you'll wonder how you got by without WFP. I have been using it now for 5 years and haven't even been up a ladder for the last 3  ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 07:50:05 pm »
better day today! ;D ;D

a few spots particularly at the top of the odd windows! ::)

any thoughts on how to prevent these?

i used just less than 250L ALL DAY!! ;D ;D

Probably because you only used less than 250L all day....
You may need to rinse more :)

dmlservices

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 08:00:03 pm »
your water usage will go up as your speed increases, as you will be cleaning more houses per day,a high flow rate enables you to work quicker, and know the windows are still getting a good rinse.

you know you are up to speed when you strart running out of work ,and need to canvass more to fill the gaps.

daz

adixon

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:54 pm »
at what flow rate aer you cleaning?

Dan French

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »
Hi Dazmond
I am following your posts with interest, it reminds me of when I started, I use the trolley with only the hose from the pole and a seperate 10mt bit just to get around the back of houses. Keep your hose clean and wind it up in a loop after use, do not wrap it around your hand and elbow to wind it up as in time it will take on a twist and it will be difficult to get it out(asuming we talking about the 5mm pole hose) my 8mm hose is on a reel and is used when pumping from my van mount.
Keep it up you are doing OK
Cheers Dan

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 08:21:01 pm »

Dazmond.  I promise it will improve.  I started off getting a long way behind.  A few months later, the work that was a 6 week plod on a ladder was taking 3 and a half weeks with WFP.
I really think you should get a van mount as soon as you can afford it.  Although the freedom trolley is fine, van mounts are just so much quicker than trollies - and lighter work.  I use a van mount - and sometimes use a WCW backpack for places where it's not practical to run a hose.
Most problems with first cleans will come right on the second cleans.
I found in the end that I needed to be a bit brutal and I let go of some work where I needed to wheel a trolley down loads of walkways and keep returning to the van for refills.

david watts

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 08:22:56 pm »
a lot that i do wfp; i just dry the bottoms off with a micro 10 secs= peace of mind
plus you get a better job ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

dmlservices

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:05 pm »
a lot that i do wfp; i just dry the bottoms off with a micro 10 secs= peace of mind
plus you get a better job ;)

please tell me you are joking ???

daz

david watts

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 08:37:07 pm »
why joking ::)
its a lot faster just to put a bit of water on then clean off plus keeps the custys onside
if your doing it with pure water your not carring loads of gear about

tomy jackson

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »
????????????????????????:o :o :o thats not the way to do it

david watts

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 08:45:40 pm »
so a job today; supermarket green tint on windows drying all spots you lot would just leave them; ::)
if you did them with trad soap they dry as soon as you look at them ;)
they are out in the open wind blowing at them but the only way is to wfp them best you can

david watts

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:05 pm »
????????????????????????:o :o :o thats not the way to do it
[/
thats not the way to do what upvc/ wood frames alloy frames/ all windows can be done different ways ;)

david watts

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 08:51:29 pm »
another job to day white painted frames; water running down white how shall i do these
wfp thenjust leave >:(

cat9921

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 08:52:07 pm »
why joking ::)
its a lot faster just to put a bit of water on then clean off plus keeps the custys onside
if your doing it with pure water your not carring loads of gear about

I cannot see a problem with that, How you do you work is how you do it,

tomy jackson

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 09:12:59 pm »
hot water

john tomkins

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:26 pm »
another job to day white painted frames; water running down white how shall i do these
wfp thenjust leave >:(

Had a first clean like this today, terrible white ally frames water turning milky, just gave it a longer scrub and rinse, came out fine.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 10:47:17 pm »
had my flow rate on 60 all day (like yesterday)and it felt at times i was rinsing forever!! ::)

i will probably use more tommorrow as ill be working longer!

im not really getting behind much with my work as im working harder and longer!! ;) ;D

its just this first month of first cleans to get out of the way then im sure itll get a bit easier and faster and ill start thinking of better ways of saving time!

i enjoyed it today and ive noticed im not as tired as i would be if i was climbing ladders all day so ill be working longer tommorrow!

if i use all my 300L i can always top up another 100L with my small DI in the van! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 10:53:55 pm »
i also had 2 properties today with a few oxidized frames and i first noticed the milky water dripping down!so i moved on to another window and waited for the frames to stop dripping then very carefully just scrubbed the glass avoiding the edges and double rinsed again avoiding the frames and they came up ok!!well chuffed!! :D :D

some of my custys commented on what a fantastic job i had done of both the frames and glass!

im putting the effort into the first cleans and getting them frames up to scratch,and the glass looks good on some of em!! ;) ;) :P :P

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!