This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

£250 for Rabbit ears
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:11 pm »
One of my guys knocked over an 18in pot rabbit on a patio whilst cleaning the windows on a customers house, with the Butt end of the pole, knocking the Rabbits ears off in the proccess.

The Rabbit was commissioned by a local artist and the guy is sending me a bill for replacing it for £250.

I am going to pay it, but do you think it is reasonable for us to expect that an innocuous looking pot rabbit was worth £250, and if it was worth so much and was so fragile, should we have been warned by the customer.

The customer was on holiday at the time and we have cleaned this property for 4 years now, the Rabbit appeared 2 years ago and no warnings were ever given.

We are going to pay, but do you think it is fair ?

Dave

martinsadie

Re: £250 for Rabbit ears
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:57:06 pm »
youve done the crime now pay the fine  ;)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »
I broke a very fragile Hare inside a customers house a few years back. Put it through my insurance but had to pay the excess. Had to get the artist to re-make one as it was a one off piece.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »
Clumsy oaf. Dock his wages.

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »
Of course it isn't fair, life never is.

However, you are answerable for damage done. Pay up.

You now have a comissioned rabbit sculpture that you didnt have this time yesterday. What you moaning at?

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:04:22 pm »
Of course it isn't fair, life never is.

However, you are answerable for damage done. Pay up.

You now have a comissioned rabbit sculpture that you didnt have this time yesterday. What you moaning at?
he will have when hes finished with the bostick  ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:13 pm »
I once broke some of those hanging vertical blinds on an inside window I was doing.

Anyway, once I realised I had broken them I paniced, so I took them down rolled them up and put them down me trousers and legged it. When the custard came home she rang me to ask what had happened to her blinds, I said 'What blinds'?

She said 'The blinds that were in the window overlooking the lawn that were in the window before I left whilst you were cleaning and that wernt there when I came back!'

I said, again, 'I dont know'  ;D

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I returned; via the field where I had thrown them out of my car window to collect them,  backto her house and gave them back. So she got her blinds, I learnt a lesson and no rabbits ears were broken.

Cest la vie.

;D ;D

Jack Wallace

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 08:16:35 pm »
I am not certain but I would think if you are being asked to replace the broken rabbit you may be entitled to keep the old one.
Also if it were me I would insist on documentation from the artist/supplier to confirm cost. Tell them your insurance insists, as I think most people have a habit of bumping up the price in these instances.

rg1

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35:20 pm »
I once broke some of those hanging vertical blinds on an inside window I was doing.

Anyway I took them down rolled them up and put them down me trousers. When the custard came home she rang me to ask what had happened to her blinds, I said 'What blinds'?

She said 'The blinds that were in the window overlooking the lawn that were in the window before I left whilst you were cleaning and that wernt there when I came back!'

I said, again, 'I dont know'  ;D

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I returned; via the field where I had thrown them out of my car window to collect them,  backto her house and gave them back. So she got her blinds, I learnt a lesson and no rabbits ears were broken.

Cest la vie.

;D ;D

:-\
???
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 08:39:04 pm »
I reckon I will ask for the old Rabbit then sell it on Ebay, if it is from an artist, i reckon it is worth something to someone.

I reckon I could grind the ear stumps down and make it look like a deaf rabbit.

weetot

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 08:50:46 pm »
It might be cheaper to use your insurance..

PS
Whats going on with the Blinds story? I think he needs help!!!! ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:07 pm »
Its a true story.

I did need help now you mention it ;D  ;D and got it.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »
I reckon I will ask for the old Rabbit then sell it on Ebay, if it is from an artist, i reckon it is worth something to someone.

Or just carve one ear off and say it's a Van gogh  ;D

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 09:06:05 pm »
Something for you to model your creation on

we can call you Davie Darko then  ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 09:11:23 pm »

Or just carve one ear off and say it's a Van gogh  ;D

I was just about to type that  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dai

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:44 pm »
Ok replace it, and then let it be known to some local chancers that this person has a garden littered with £250 ornaments.
Or you could say that you haven't knocked his nuts off, and maybe they will breed.
Seriously though Dave, if I paid £250 for an ornament, I wouldn't be leaving it in the garden, you can buy real ones for a couple of quid and they help keep the grass down.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 09:28:18 pm »
250 rabbit out side? maybe you can see what else there is and come back and nick the rest it might be worth more then 250.

R W C™

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:47 pm »
Ask for a reciept when he buys it...

DaveG

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:32:35 pm »
Ask him if his Mrs rabbit is ok??? ;D
You can't polish a turd

tomy jackson

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »
went to house this after noon and ther wos that dam owl looking at it youd neaver gess it had bin in bits last time i washed  ;D ;D ;D ,this moorning bilder up lader paneting fall pipe black pant pot on wall other side of garden when i went next door thers white pant all over my hose hed got two at side of wall on my side any way hes got two have emty  ??? ??? ???