Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: Ibc tank in the van
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »
Haulage companies test in vans or on a large flatbed with a massive headboard before the second skin of the cab? I think the bigger vehicles have much chunkier tie down points too. Look at the stupidly thin tie down points in most vans - they simply aren't designed to take that kind of strain - even seats/seat belts are secured better than that with nowhere near the same impact forces.
At least the window cleaning suppliers like Grippatank, Purefreedom and Ionics have tested their systems - what more can they do?

If I remember correctly Susan you like to seriously overload your vans and 'drive like you stole it'
I know which I would be happier with.

so what your saying is ford sell there vans  with a legal pay load then bolt in poor hocks that are untested at the weight it legal to carry , then its goes for its eurpeion testing which every van must have to be sold on the open market  with these poor hocks ???? I don't think so

ford spend million of pounds designing everything to the last detail but if grippa has spend million as well on the same testing then I am wrong they must have a lot of money to spend millions on tanks and crash testing for selling anything ?

hgv hocks are not as  thick as you would think , headboards are like bulkheads and made of the same stuff weather on a trailer or in a van

been driving hgvs long dav ? how long your had your glass1 ? ive had mine nearly 15 years

8weekly

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »
Personally... and logic dictates... that the most important safety feature is a fitted steel bulkhead.

jk999

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »
Doesn't  matter what you say susan  David always know s best . I'm beginning to think  he is a teenager because  they always say if you want to find out about anything  a teenager always knows everything 😆😆😆

Dave Willis

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »
Why thank you - i'm flattered!

DaveG

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2015, 08:28:42 pm »
Teenager  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

jk999

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2015, 09:07:09 pm »
 😆😆😆😆😆

PoleKing

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2015, 11:03:24 pm »
Welcome back Darren, thought you were hiding under a different name

Cheers Dave.
Nah, I'm here. Just less so.  :)
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2015, 11:52:23 pm »
Welcome back Darren, thought you were hiding under a different name

Cheers Dave.
Nah, I'm here. Just less so.  :)
  Hi Darren, good to see you posting again i was wondering where you got to, as for carrying non baffled ibc tanks in the back of any van there is just no logic to this.

jk999

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2015, 08:26:50 pm »
OMG 😅

Frankybadboy

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2015, 08:56:09 pm »
so what your saying is ford sell there vans  with a legal pay load then bolt in poor hocks that are untested at the weight it legal to carry , then its goes for its eurpeion testing which every van must have to be sold on the open market  with these poor hocks ???? I don't think so

ford spend million of pounds designing everything to the last detail but if grippa has spend million as well on the same testing then I am wrong they must have a lot of money to spend millions on tanks and crash testing for selling anything ?

hgv hocks are not as  thick as you would think , headboards are like bulkheads and made of the same stuff weather on a trailer or in a van

been driving hgvs long dav ? how long your had your glass1 ? ive had mine nearly 15 years
[/quote]

payload are a guide to a maxium that you should not EXCEED,they are not there to say that this strapping point is safe.

payload are more to do with the fact of stoping and the brakes suspension does work or gives out

if you think that hgv are not as strong as you think,then i suggest that you dont take that load or trailer out,as your not capable of securing a load
the fact that the hooking points are on the chassis of a trailer and welded if not bolted on there,the ones in the floor are act as a holding point,and not to secure a load.Example is you carry steel then you hook on to the chassis and not hooking points on the flat bed of the trailer.

CleanClear

« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2015, 09:54:08 pm »
payload are a guide to a maxium that you should not EXCEED,they are not there to say that this strapping point is safe.

payload are more to do with the fact of stoping and the brakes suspension does work or gives out

if you think that hgv are not as strong as you think,then i suggest that you dont take that load or trailer out,as your not capable of securing a load
the fact that the hooking points are on the chassis of a trailer and welded if not bolted on there,the ones in the floor are act as a holding point,and not to secure a load.Example is you carry steel then you hook on to the chassis and not hooking points on the flat bed of the trailer.

Payload is not a guide. Payload is a sum. Tare weight subtracted from permitted maximum weight = payload.

Also payload is nothing to do with stopping distance etc... If you look on any HGV plate, not only will you see its permitted weights, you'll also see its design weights, They are capable of much more than they do.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2015, 08:08:26 am »
each to their own but id never have one of these in the back of a van.

a few months ago i was chatting to a car valeter and he showed me inside his van.he had a 1000l IBC on a wooden pallet and a few flimsy looking straps holding it in place in a very smart vw transporter.i couldnt believe how thin the plastic tank was!it didnt seem very safe to me but if he s happy then its up to him.
price higher/work harder!

Matt.

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:08 am »
I personally would be happy to use an ibc, ..... However I haven't enough room now to get it in
I do have an empty one which I can move about I just have to strap it in with back doors open slightly using bungee cords to hold the back doors closed.
I like the look off the pic posted I would like to put 3 pumps on one and keep it for big jobs were it can be dropped off on site an removed at the end if the job.
Av not read all the conversation just the last page but if an ibc is as flimsy as those say then surely the plastic would split and worst case ( as long its secured properly ) is the plastic splits and we have a spillage in the back if the van ...... An we all had one if then at some point, happened to me last week with hose in tank and pressure washing, must of been overflowing for a good half hour ......so just drove front wheels onto kerb and let it run out the back doors.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2015, 11:52:40 am »

Payload is not a guide. Payload is a sum. Tare weight subtracted from permitted maximum weight = payload.

Also payload is nothing to do with stopping distance etc... If you look on any HGV plate, not only will you see its permitted weights, you'll also see its design weights, They are capable of much more than they do.
Hence the words don't EXCEED ;-)

CleanClear

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2015, 09:02:39 pm »

Hence the words don't EXCEED ;-)

Payload is a sum. Gross Vehicle weight, or as its known now MAM (Maximum Authorised Mass) is what you can't exceed. Lets get it right please.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------