Wayne Thomas

Re: Weight gain
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32:32 pm »
I'm on a lot of medication everyday. I spend ages trying to put on some weight and it only takes one bad day of being continually sick (24hours)and I've lost half a stone. It's taking me 5 years to put on a stone and stabilise at a constant weight. I'm eating like a horse, I wish I could get fat.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 10:38:23 pm »
I'm on a lot of medication everyday. I spend ages trying to put on some weight and it only takes one bad day of being continually sick (24hours)and I've lost half a stone. It's taking me 5 years to put on a stone and stabilise at a constant weight. I'm eating like a horse, I wish I could get fat.
I understand where you are coming from there, I have to take tablets everyday, make me moody in the morning, dont want to eat, cant fall asleep  thats life for me,

Lifes like that sometimes.

Many others have it worse than me and I repect them.
I just have to deal with it  ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 10:44:59 pm »
I understand where you are coming from there, I have to take tablets everyday, make me moody in the morning, dont want to eat, cant fall asleep  thats life for me,

Ian,
is that why you work on websites then go bed at 6am, out at 9ish for a full day, back on the forum whilst building your website empire 24/7
No time to sleep, lol

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:07 pm »

Ian,
is that why you work on websites then go bed at 6am, out at 9ish for a full day, back on the forum whilst building your website empire 24/7
No time to sleep, lol
sort of, I dont get tired I just shut down every now and again, is highly annoying.

I would give anything to have a normal nights sleep, but till then I will keep working better than getting stressed.

Ian

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 12:21:51 am »
said this before ian, but dabbling with yoga will allow you sleep well and to relax. And many other benefits as well.

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 12:37:30 am »
said this before ian, but dabbling with yoga will allow you sleep well and to relax. And many other benefits as well.
Mark, I know you are tryiong to help with tha comment, I am under physio private (costing a fortune) and am being refered to some brian thing guy that does nerves ect.

something is not right I know that , yoga cant fix and damaged nerve system, I have asked about every thing and was toild not to do anything like this as I could do my self damage. So for now, I just get needles in the wrong places every week (getting p'eed off with it now) till I get to see the right person to hopefully sort it out.

Thanmkls for trying to help I mean that  ;)

Ian

geefree

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 12:40:52 am »
personally i think wfp makes you  fitter.... walking up ladders is hardly energetic... nor is popping it on your shoulder... the hardest part is getting them on a high van....

water fed pole, .. arms are bigger... shoulders too..... reeling hose in fast is another form of exercise too.... we all tend to go like the clappers..... and using a wfp ... is a lot better exercise for the body... than pulling a squeegy round a pane of glass....

i am much fitter now.

;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 12:53:05 am »
personally i think wfp makes you  fitter.... walking up ladders is hardly energetic... nor is popping it on your shoulder... the hardest part is getting them on a high van....

water fed pole, .. arms are bigger... shoulders too..... reeling hose in fast is another form of exercise too.... we all tend to go like the clappers..... and using a wfp ... is a lot better exercise for the body... than pulling a squeegy round a pane of glass....

i am much fitter now.

;)
You're kidding yourself Gazza.
Never in a million years. ???

Yes, my arms and shoulders get a workout, but it's never like carrying ladders about and going up and down all day.

Why do you think people do step-aerobics?
I was nowhere near as fit as when I was on ladders. Fact.
I work out 3 times a week now and go on walks, just to be as healthy as I was.

I got repetitive strain from washing and squeegeeing, that's why I had to change my method.

Wfp is a piece of piddle. ::)

alanwilson

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 12:58:50 am »

I got repetitive strain from washing and squeegeeing, that's why I had to change my method.

yes squeeky, so we've been told! ;D ;D ;D

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

geefree

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 01:14:09 am »
nope not kidding myself... humping ladders about all day... or walking up them .. cos i never ran up them... made my life miserable lol... and i did not like it one bit... but i wanted to succeed..

but i was not getting fit doing that... i was uncomfortable...

now i go like the clappers, happy and getting fitter every day....

wfp being a piddle ,, yes it is... but  with pound signs in my eyes , you can race around and get fitter , without all the pains of the ladders.

thats just my opinion squeaky... you have your own.

;)

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 01:15:43 am »

yes squeeky, so we've been told! ;D ;D ;D

loooooool

mark dew

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 01:31:17 am »
I've never felt like i've done a workout with wfp compared to working trad. Racing up and down ladders with my arms flying around like a windmill got my heart pumping like a madman.
I agree with squeaks that wfp is almost leisurely in comparison. I work fast with wfp but unless i'm overdressed i don't often get a sweat on nowadays.

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 01:34:46 am »
I've never felt like i've done a workout with wfp compared to working trad. Racing up and down ladders with my arms flying around like a windmill got my heart pumping like a madman.
I agree with squeaks that wfp is almost leisurely in comparison. I work fast with wfp but unless i'm overdressed i don't often get a sweat on nowadays.
then work faster, I am dripping with sweat even when it is cold if I am on a mission for the day

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 01:46:35 am »
then work faster, I am dripping with sweat even when it is cold if I am on a mission for the day

I am fast. I'm also strong now i've worked those little previously unused muscles for a couple of years now. Up down, side to side isn't extremely hard work on 2 or 3 story jobs once you're strong enough and use a technique that works for you.

mark dew

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 02:00:39 am »
learning to breathe properly will help with relaxing and sleeping.

h t t p ://yoga.about.com/od/breathing/a/nadisodhana.htm

groundhog

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 09:06:58 am »
personally i think wfp makes you  fitter.... walking up ladders is hardly energetic... nor is popping it on your shoulder... the hardest part is getting them on a high van....

i am much fitter now.

;)

I agree!!!

groundhog

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 09:09:55 am »
personally i think wfp makes you  fitter.... walking up ladders is hardly energetic... nor is popping it on your shoulder... the hardest part is getting them on a high van....

i am much fitter now.

;)
You're kidding yourself Gazza.
Never in a million years. ???

Yes, my arms and shoulders get a workout, but it's never like carrying ladders about and going up and down all day.

Why do you think people do step-aerobics?
I was nowhere near as fit as when I was on ladders. Fact.
I work out 3 times a week now and go on walks, just to be as healthy as I was.

Wfp is a piece of piddle. ::)

I think this explains why you are so slow with wfp squeaky, and are only managing to do 15-20% more than with trad!!!!! Put a bit more effort in and you will be doing 50%+ more and get a work out at the same time!!  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 10:31:39 am »
I think this explains why you are so slow with wfp squeaky, and are only managing to do 15-20% more than with trad!!!!! Put a bit more effort in and you will be doing 50%+ more and get a work out at the same time!!  ;)
You're full of rubbish mate. ::)

I'm not slow with wfp at all, you're slow trad.

Do you sleep with your wfp?
Do you caress it on lonely evenings?

It's all you ever rave about, and everything else is rubbish. ::)
You want to open your eyes and stop having this wfp tunnel vision.

As soon as something better comes along you'll divorce it anyway.
It'll all end in tears...

elite mike

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 10:48:51 am »
here we go

lol

NWH

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 11:01:34 am »
I got a ganglion on my wrist from squeeggeeing all the time,since WFP and not using it as much the ganglion has gone completley.