Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Building a large window cleaning business
« Last post by Spruce on Today at 08:48:07 pm »
{It’s certainly possible for those that are willing to do whatever it takes, work like a machine for years, reinvest every penny, cope with stress levels that could kill most people, and ignore naysayers and haters.}

I really like the above post because I was on the other forum and worked 6 to 7 days a week and invested every penny back into the cleaning business. Luckily I had the fire service pension and lump sum to begin with and buy the most efficient system to make my work as simple as possible. After 5 years it all began to pay off and I was making £200 a day. Then I slowly creped up to £300 a day and the naysayers didn't like it one bit so they barred me from the other forum. Every time I left, the forum slowly died and they asked me to come back and it picked up again. They have asked me to come back but no point, still the same naysayers that want folk to fail. I can make a great living staying under the Vat level so I have no intention to add a van nor employ anyone. I do PW, Roof Spraying, PVC Spraying, Window Cleaning and painting for folk I know well so I only have 100 odd windy customers.

Sorry to ask Scottish, but who asked you to come back? Their policy is once you are banned, they don't ask you back as you are banned for life according to one of the moderators.

A few of us including myself did ask where you were as you hadn't posted in a while, and that's when we were informed about your situation by that moderator.
{It’s certainly possible for those that are willing to do whatever it takes, work like a machine for years, reinvest every penny, cope with stress levels that could kill most people, and ignore naysayers and haters.}

I really like the above post because I was on the other forum and worked 6 to 7 days a week and invested every penny back into the cleaning business. Luckily I had the fire service pension and lump sum to begin with and buy the most efficient system to make my work as simple as possible. After 5 years it all began to pay off and I was making £200 a day. Then I slowly creped up to £300 a day and the naysayers didn't like it one bit so they barred me from the other forum. Every time I left, the forum slowly died and they asked me to come back and it picked up again. They have asked me to come back but no point, still the same naysayers that want folk to fail. I can make a great living staying under the Vat level so I have no intention to add a van nor employ anyone. I do PW, Roof Spraying, PVC Spraying, Window Cleaning and painting for folk I know well so I only have 100 odd windy customers.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Building a large window cleaning business
« Last post by Lee Pryor on Today at 07:46:11 pm »
Hmmm  ;D

It’s certainly possible for those that are willing to do whatever it takes, work like a machine for years, reinvest every penny, cope with stress levels that could kill most people, and ignore naysayers and haters.

It’s important to understand why you want to do this, visualise the goal and commit to reaching it no matter what stands in your way.

If you can reach a million (which is extremely hard) it certainly gets easier after that. We are on for 2.2 this year with a goal of reaching 3 by the end of 25. All residential, not a franchise.

And yes it’s a Porsche! And a Range Rover…… it’s definitely important to reward yourself for taking the hard path…. Otherwise why bother?

I wanted to earn great money for myself and not be the person that did any of the work. Financial and personal freedom is the goal. Prepare for “some” people to hate you for it.
General Cleaning Forum / Pressure washing chemicals
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 06:58:52 pm »
Fewe questions so i`ll just bundle them here

Roughly how much hypo is needed per square metre ? just trying to get an idea how much hypo i would use on an average job

secondly what surfactant should i use and what is the ratio to mix this with hypo ?

thirdly best biocide ? bac 50 ?

what chems would you use on decking ?

anything else i should be buying for different surfaces ?

thanks
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Slickest brush from gardiners?
« Last post by michael mckeary on Yesterday at 09:56:27 pm »
35CM SILL XTREME BRUSH - STIFF
Came across this brush when it first came out a few years ago. Nothing beats it but I am always running with hot water. If Alex brought out a bigger one for solar panels then it would be a big seller for cleaning solar panels.
Window Cleaning Forum / Free 500 Ltr Tank and Frame
« Last post by M Clean on Yesterday at 05:32:40 pm »
I am replacing my existing tank and would like to find a home for it.
It is a typical 500 upright tank with a standard tank frame.
I live in King's Lynn,  anyone who's interested in collecting it.
I am taking it out of my van on Sunday 5th.

For the above, can you email me if you are interested.
windowcleanomano@hotmail.com
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: chemical sprayer
« Last post by Smudger on May 03, 2024, 10:40:23 pm »
will have a look but TBH you need to check regular as some one will put a load on at a really good price
« Last post by NBwcs on May 03, 2024, 08:42:04 pm »
Backpacks are infact electric sprayers for weed killing - you can get them off eBay from £65
I think these would be perfect for your needs (it will also alhave a lance and nozzles)

Ive had mine off ebay for longer than i thought and got a surprise when i looked for one for a colleague today, the prices have risen alot, £84 the cheapest i could find. Have you got any links please Smudger for any cheaper? (16litr sizes)
« Last post by Smudger on May 03, 2024, 11:46:10 am »
Backpacks are infact electric sprayers for weed killing - you can get them off eBay from £65
I think these would be perfect for your needs (it will also alhave a lance and nozzles)
I think most reasonable people expect to pay a little extra for the first clean if they’re really dirty. It also helps on the second clean when your only there 15 minutes.
I always say the first clean is £35 and your 6 weekly maintenance clean is £23.
If they question the initial price, it shows me that they’re not going to be with me long.
You need to be confident in the quote.
I do this only to enquiries, never canvassed work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10