Lea Cadey

Re: Well I`ve started
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 11:14:01 am »
Respect to you Gerald, you are an inspiration.  Stick with and all the very best for the future!

home6442

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:28 am »
Gerald better to get advice on prices from somebody local.
Ask around to see what other cleaners are charging and just do a better
job for the same price.
The price I charge might be o.k. for my area but could be too high or low
for yours.
Best of luck for the future.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 11:41:42 am »
Try contacting Lee at the window cleaning mag, he would love your story mate, should be able to give you loads of advice as well, he knows much about window cleaning

andyM

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51:58 am »
Try contacting Lee at the window cleaning mag, he would love your story mate, should be able to give you loads of advice as well, he knows much about window cleaning

Yes that's a good idea.
Could do a story on him as a start up, against all odds.
Might even get some freebies passed his way from suppliers.
One of the Plebs

lal

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 11:56:58 am »
Well done Gerald, all the best to you and your new business.

Regards lal

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 12:03:34 pm »
well done gerald.i hope you get a decent run of work but remember YOUR NOT A CHARITY!it seems very noble of you to donate money to charity but you need to make money first for yourself and family.

best of luck with it

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 12:06:08 pm »
Good stuff - wishing you the very best in the biz

Darran and Carrie
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

stevieg

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 01:31:47 pm »
Hi i do all charities for nothing,but it is not something that i advertise. Only do the ones who approach me!

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 01:55:18 pm »
Well done Gerald. You have proved all the doubters wrong.

Best wishes,
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ben M

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 03:16:57 pm »
Lee, please can you do an article for Gerald, this guy is worth it  ;)

Gray1

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »
Well done that man. Keep at it.

Gerald I presume you have checked out the video's from MyWagga on you tube. And on a pole they realy are a handy tool.

All the best.

Gray1

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:46 pm »
Good on you Gerald.

Respect

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »
Just shared this on my facebook page:  www.facebook.com/purefectwindowcleaning

Your be famous before you know it Gerald  ;)

wfp master

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 05:21:05 pm »
well done gerry & bumble.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 08:51:22 pm »
What a day. Did a six bedroom house today. The guy paid me way over the price I quoted, £30. The upper windows looked strange. almost like water sheeting down them. The owner didn`t know what it was. Thought about using the scraper, Didn`t risk it just incase it was some kind of film.
  Any ideas on what it could be? Going to have to get a mate up on a ladder as I`m not happy with the job but the owner was & that`s what counts.
    Got no jobs for monday so might go out door knocking. Taking a copy of the paper & letting customers choose from one of the charities I already partner. James Hopkins Trust, Teckels Animal Sanctuary. The Family Haven, Winston`s Wish & soon Midland`s Air Ambulance. More coming onboard soon.
 25% may seem large but as I`ve said I pay it after I get paid.
Cheers guys

Tom White

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 09:51:33 pm »
The upper windows looked strange. almost like water sheeting down them. The owner didn`t know what it was. Thought about using the scraper, Didn`t risk it just incase it was some kind of film.

There's two types of glass (for the purposes of this conversation).  There's hydrophobic (doesn't like water) and hydrophilic (likes water).

The former, when you clean them 'sheets', and the latter kinda trickles; you see water trickles running down them.  Both types of glass will clean perfectly.

I do have trouble with some sheeting types of glass on lower panes of wooden sash windows, particularly if the paintwork isn't great, but in general no problems.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 11:16:09 am »
Cheers Tosh but when I said sheeting I meant that it looks like it but static, not moving. The only thing is to get up there with a ladder & have a butchers. By the way Tosh, I saw your referrence to your weight. It`s amazing they let anorexics do windows lol.  :D
 As to my weight I`ve dropped from 36st 2lb to 33st 12lb in just a week. A big drop you may think but at my size quite normal.

peter1983

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 11:29:08 am »
well done mate i hope the guys on here say sorry to you back in jan you got a lot of bull&&&& about £7.50 a hour and good luck

Gray1

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »
Hi Gerald, glad you had a good day. As for the glass you didn't say how old the house was, not all glass is flat. My dad worked for Pilkingtons after the second world war and we had all sorts of pains in the shed.
Just Google for a couple of searches you will see that not all glas is flat.

atb

Gray1

Gerald Ash

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 02:30:45 pm »
Cheers Gray. Well the house is no older than thirty at the very most plus it`s wooden painted frames that have been retro fitted with double glazed units. I just thought it looks like badly fitted film but owner says not so I`m totally at a loss.
   Also having trouble with detailing. My technique without doubt but have hit on an idea. First clean wash frames & glass, wipeoff then wash glass clearing edges by a few mill. Stop laughing at the back, the problem is upper floors, no probs on groundfloor.
 Also comment on my prices would be welcome.
   Window sets upto five panes £1, over five, within reason £1.50. Frames as well 50p extra & insides £1 extra. Conservtories 50p per vertical set.  over four windows front or back door done free otherwise £1. Bare in mind I`m in Gloucester where men are men & their all careful with the money.