This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keyser soze

Re: Well I`ve started
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »
hi gerry ,what a great turnaround in your life . i'm wishing you all the success you so deserve.. top story.
not liking the charity bit . next thing all windies will be epected to do it. perish the thought 

Gray1

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »
Hi Gerald. Have you looked at You Tube for MyWagga? He has done over 100 informative videos some useing the Unger Clamp for detailing with a pole, and some with his own device.
What pole are you using?

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 08:29:51 am »
so your giving 25% of your earnings away to charity on every job you do? ??? ???

gerald you seem like a well meaning kind man but seriously mate if you want to make a business out of window cleaning and make some money for you and your family your shooting yourself in the foot before your even established.

its hard enough to start out as it is without giving 25% of your earnings away to charity.

your also gonna be slow at completing work due to inexperience and your physical health but that will improve as you get fitter.

best wishes
price higher/work harder!

robertphil

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 08:37:50 am »
every windie in the land will be rooting for you to make it . go gerry go !!

bumper

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 08:53:33 am »
Is there any lead above the windows, that can make windows grey when it rains it leaves grey marks running  down the window,i thought I was the fatest  window cleaner at 24.5  now 20.5.
          bumper :)

CLEANCARE WC

Re: Well I`ve started Window Cleaning
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 09:49:14 am »
Dazmond its 25% of first clean which if gerald prices right wont hit his pocket too much. Then his donation drops to 10% there may be tax breaks for this.. Not sure? I think he has hit upon a neiche and could gain customers eho are inclined towards his chosen charity.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

simonr

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 11:13:28 am »
well done mate, best of luck for your future

Gerald Ash

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 05:13:24 pm »
Cleancare is correct about my system & I hope it will bring me work plus customer loyalty will probably be better.
   Let`s face it this world is bit crap at times so a little guy trying to do some good won`t go amiss. Notice the irony.
   Does it EVER make your shoulders hurt using a pole, hope that goes quickly. Press interest is growing, I`m in the Sun tomorrow, they must know my social standing, plus the press agency is touting it to the women`s mags. Next thing you`ll know I`ll be on telly. That`s not happening. Thanks again guys for the kind words.

ben M

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »
Cleancare is correct about my system & I hope it will bring me work plus customer loyalty will probably be better.
   Let`s face it this world is bit crap at times so a little guy trying to do some good won`t go amiss. Notice the irony.
   Does it EVER make your shoulders hurt using a pole, hope that goes quickly. Press interest is growing, I`m in the Sun tomorrow, they must know my social standing, plus the press agency is touting it to the women`s mags. Next thing you`ll know I`ll be on telly. That`s not happening. Thanks again guys for the kind words.
the sun newspaper?

Gray1

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »
Page 3 or centerfold?  With your Wagtail in your hand.  ;)

Don't forget to try and get some copy in the local and parrish mag's.

Well done Gerald

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2013, 08:06:37 pm »
Gerald if the oppertunity arises try and get some dosh from the womans mags to buy you a wfp system...or have you already got one?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 09:27:23 am »
I`m going to get slated for this but if any payment is offered I want it to go to the James Hopkins Trust who work for life limited children & terminally ill children, a cause close to my heart.
Because I am marketing through charities I feel it would be contradictive to accept monies for my story. I could certainly use some money right now but I will not risk damaging my reputation just to gain a few quid.
If however any companies out there want to offer me a system at a special rate, even free, then you wpuld be helping me grow my company & I promise you this will get big.
Not me, the company, I`m already big.
  Come on someone, partner me & lets do some good.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 09:32:10 am »
Why not give a percentage to charities and spend the rest on wfp?
That way you will make more money for the charities long term.

rosskesava

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 10:30:59 am »
If you do get some dosh via any magazines then using some of that money to buy wfp equipment is, I would say, the right use of some of the money provided you're completely open about it (which I'm sure you would be anyway).

It would mean that you can do more work, different types of work and do a better job on upstairs windows. Anything that helps you earn more money also helps you earn more money for the charities.

Personally, I'd see buying a wfp system as a win win situation for all concerned.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:57 pm »
If they offered me enough to buy a system I`d go naked on the front cover, mind you, imagine how much I`d earn NOT to go naked.
  Seriously though if they did offer that kind of money yes I would use all of it to purchase a wfp system as you have said it would grow my business quicker & be of greater benefit all round.
  I`ve had no complaints as yet but do worry that it`s a negative because of the charity side, don`t wish to criticise. Hope they would say if they`re not happy as quality is what I strive for. Took me an hour to do eight windows with one being a regular bay & four upstairs but I was happy with the finish as was the customer which is what counts plus got paid ten pounds although the price was only 7.50. Wow we are back to 7.50 per hour. Should do it in half the time later as I am getting faster because of less mistakes.
  Cheers again guys for the warm & encouraging comments. I really do appreciate them all.