windiewasher

argument with a custy
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »
Went collecting tonight the guy owed me for 2 cleans and have been and knocked 3 times in last 2 months no answer
Anyway gets there tonight knocked the door and he came from round the back
Said hello
i said hello m8 its the window cleaner coming to collect money
He says im f...ing peed off with this you come here demanding £20 £30 £40 quid,i dont like the way you operate blah blah blah.Anyway hes about 5ft tall,i look and hes ranting and looking away from so i say look i keep trying and noboddy answers and your vans there.
Oh he says so i says im sick of coming back here and if your that bothered why dont you f...ing ring me and tell me to collect the money as im f...icky peed of collecting.
He appologised,lol
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

GDwindowcleaning

Re: argument with a custy
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »
Customer service in 2012.... Did it make you feel better over 20 quid?

H S and Son

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:40 am »
Pathetic.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:05:24 am »
you need to learn some customer service :)

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:58:21 am »
in fairness to doc he was pleasent to start with its the customer who went off on one and then he just spoke in the same langauge as the customer.

Personally I would have let him rant, got my money then said very quietly / calmly  if he ever spoke to me again like that then he would be waking up in a f...ing ambulance ... walked away and obviously dumped him.

We dont need to take abuse off so called customers.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:01:09 am »
in fairness to doc he was pleasent to start with its the customer who went off on one and then he just spoke in the same langauge as the customer.

Personally I would have let him rant, got my money then said very quietly / calmly  if he ever spoke to me again like that then he would be waking up in a f...ing ambulance ... walked away and obviously dumped him.

your so hard. ;D

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:02:36 am »

your so hard. ;D

naw not me im a softie .... just a very good actor  ;)

londoncleaners

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:26 am »
Ian if you said that to me, I'd be waking up in an ambulance , I knock your head off.

Bet u got loads of custies you think you can bully er??

Gd job u don't clean mine

That is all

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:57 am »
Not biting London lol anyway too far to travel

H S and Son

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30:51 am »
One of the criteria which determines how professional you are is to treat customers in a way that you would like to be treated even when they dont.

londoncleaners

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:34:02 am »
I agree with matt.

We get the odd abuse on times, we are far to professional to act like a bully like Ian.
Shame on you

Well done matt

Helen

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:38:00 am »
One of the criteria which determines how professional you are is to treat customers in a way that you would like to be treated even when they dont.

Perhaps some like to be abused ;D

Bite tongue, smile sweetly, THINK what a pratt and walk away ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:51 am »
i remember years ago when a custy owed me 2 weeks.they had a new car on the drive,all mod cons in the house etc.anyway went round for the 3rd time and the wife came to the door and said "im not sure if i got it(£6!)and went back inside then husband comes out shouting his head off"what have you said to my wife blah blah"and squared up to me!i just got back to my van and left it.

i reckon they were up to their eyes in debt with everything on the never never.that was 10 years ago.funny enough i went past their house the other week and their windows are minging!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
price higher/work harder!

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:59:27 am »
There are too many people in this business that think threats and swearing is acceptable. They are the people that drag down the whole industry and then moan on here that they get no respect....

Helen

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 09:04:11 am »
There are too many people in this business that think threats and swearing is acceptable. They are the people that drag down the whole industry and then moan on here that they get no respect....

So many times I wanted to say something back, but would rather come away thinking "I am better than you"
Respect has to be earned....both ways.

The 3 F's works for us very well with custies.
Firm, Fair, Flexible ;D
(well there is a fourth, but that's for thnking only ;D ;D)

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:39 am »
I also agree with Matt .... Just sometimes difficult not to blow but yes u should bite tounge when possible anyway it was Doc all my customers are nice

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »
Ian if you said that to me, I'd be waking up in an ambulance , I knock your head off.

Another interweb hard man!  

Funny post though; I wonder why London would be waking up in an ambulance when he'd have knocked Ian's head off?

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »
I will have you know I'm a keyboard ninja with a  Black Cartridge in Qwer ty Josh Ro Gan !! So there

H S and Son

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »
 ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 03:34:12 pm »
I will have you know I'm a keyboard ninja with a  Black Cartridge in Qwer ty Josh Ro Gan !! So there

Pah! Lightweight - I have a Wayai Banzai in the dreaded art of Grace Ful Origami!
It's a game of three halves!

John F

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 04:22:52 pm »
i have read on here a very good post about this sort of situation. i think it was paul coleman. he said when there is agro about payments then he walks away and leaves it. says its not worth the trouble. i aspire to be that strong.

not there yet though.  >:( i like confrontation but not when it can damage my income.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »
i agree ian h20 s a thug  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:50 pm »
My simple rule: never, ever, under any circumstances, argue with a customer.

Vin

Ian101

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 05:20:27 pm »
I wonder why London would be waking up in an ambulance when he'd have knocked Ian's head off?

I wondered that myself  :-\

londoncleaners

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
Tosh, what a load of

That is all

Halfadaylee

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »
i agree ian h20 s a thug  ;D ;D ;D

He also sold me a ringer once to.
Not a nice man

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 05:53:11 pm »
I read all this hog wash with interest. I don't think swearing and going mad is always the answer but just walking away ......NEVER  I believe standing your ground is just as important.If someone hires you to do a job then you can expect to be paid . There has been times when i have been quite polite and the so call person just abuses you even more. If I understand right I must walk away.Sorry folks,I will not stand for it. Walking away is just weak and ball less. I feel there are people out there who think as window cleaner we need to take what even they through your way. I feel we should no take this nonsense at all.

Helen

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 06:01:36 pm »
I read all this hog wash with interest. I don't think swearing and going mad is always the answer but just walking away ......NEVER  I believe standing your ground is just as important.If someone hires you to do a job then you can expect to be paid . There has been times when i have been quite polite and the so call person just abuses you even more. If I understand right I must walk away.Sorry folks,I will not stand for it. Walking away is just weak and ball less. I feel there are people out there who think as window cleaner we need to take what even they through your way. I feel we should no take this nonsense at all.

It depends on your outlook in life really as I said earlier it suits me to be like this:

So many times I wanted to say something back, but would rather come away thinking "I am better than you"

Didn't say I manage to be like that all the time.  But then afterwards beat myself up as have just lowered myself to some others' standards.

Getting better as I get older though! ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »
win some lose some

H S and Son

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »
Walking away is just weak and ball less

No it isn't mate. Thats what the dunderheads think who cant control themselves. It isn't about who's got the biggest balls, cock, tits or fanny. You've got the wrong end of the stick if you think that.

I see both ends of the spectrum on here. You get the idiots who gob off about how dreadful some of the suppliers are that frequent this place. They wouldnt speak that way to them face to face I'm sure. But more often than not the supplier comes on here, simply explains the case, how it is, WITHOUT getting all bolshy, gobby and plain stupid. Thats being professional that is. I find it quite impressive.

I know who I aspire to be like and it isn't like the customer who can't control themselves or throws their rattle out the pram.

gary999

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 07:31:16 pm »
Walking away is just weak and ball less

No it isn't mate. Thats what the dunderheads think who cant control themselves. It isn't about who's got the biggest balls, cock, tits or fanny. You've got the wrong end of the stick if you think that.

I see both ends of the spectrum on here. You get the idiots who gob off about how dreadful some of the suppliers are that frequent this place. They wouldnt speak that way to them face to face I'm sure. But more often than not the supplier comes on here, simply explains the case, how it is, WITHOUT getting all bolshy, gobby and plain stupid. Thats being professional that is. I find it quite impressive.

I know who I aspire to be like and it isn't like the customer who can't control themselves or throws their rattle out the pram.

a good post...for a change ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »
 ;D

X

windiewasher

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »
just had a phonecall about 2 hours ago and a apology and asked if i would carry on cleaning them?
i said yes no probs ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »
i have read on here a very good post about this sort of situation. i think it was paul coleman. he said when there is agro about payments then he walks away and leaves it. says its not worth the trouble. i aspire to be that strong.

not there yet though.  >:( i like confrontation but not when it can damage my income.

If I have any trouble with customers not paying, I walk away. In the long run it is better for my income, as a) I don't waste time and diesel chasing these messers, and b) let their (soon to be) minging windows become someone else's problem.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
i agree ian h20 s a thug  ;D ;D ;D

He also sold me a ringer once to.
Not a nice man

I sold you a ringer ??

care to elaberate as I did used to sell cars but never in a million years would I sell a ringer

I guess your joking