Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Electric vans
« Last post by Smudger on Yesterday at 11:09:31 pm »
Give it a few years and the electric car will be viewed as a minor blip that we will all be grateful never became a major source of transport. - if it does we are all DOOOOOOOMED

Hydrogen is the real way forward - clean air - clean fuel - convert your current V8 monster onto it .....

« Last post by AuRavelling79 on Yesterday at 10:56:33 pm »
It will soon be a £1 a Kw to charge out on the street. Heard the insurance has tripled on EVs. If you have a bump then the insurance company can right off the vehicle in the realms of safety. Next year road tax comes in for all EVs. If nothing goes wrong with them then they are great but its when stuff begins to happen out- with your control is when the fun begins. In life one always follows the money and this is when the depreciation begins to dive this tells us no one wants them. It should get better but I think Hybrid is the way forward. Toyota are selling one at moment, petrol hybrid that does over 700 miles on a tank of juice. Good to hear how you get on with it but don't park to close to your house when charging it.

You sound way too emotionally invested in your arguments Michael.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: pressure washer issues
« Last post by Stoots on Yesterday at 09:50:49 pm »
hope so i must admit i did think should have got a honda... bloody loncins  ;D

I always get belt drive - no such issues  ;D

Engine isn’t at fault here, if it’s the gearbox, then a Honda engine won’t have made any difference!

I know that now but not at the time I was fearing it was the engine luckily I had pretty much finished when I saw it leaking.

Sell that one and get a belt drive 😜

Nah I'll definitely upgrade next year tho if I get enough work and enjoy it. So far it beats window cleaning for enjoyment but that could be novelty.
« Last post by Soupy on Yesterday at 09:48:52 pm »
It will soon be a £1 a Kw to charge out on the street. Heard the insurance has tripled on EVs. If you have a bump then the insurance company can right off the vehicle in the realms of safety. Next year road tax comes in for all EVs. If nothing goes wrong with them then they are great but its when stuff begins to happen out- with your control is when the fun begins. In life one always follows the money and this is when the depreciation begins to dive this tells us no one wants them. It should get better but I think Hybrid is the way forward. Toyota are selling one at moment, petrol hybrid that does over 700 miles on a tank of juice. Good to hear how you get on with it but don't park to close to your house when charging it.

More misinformation.

My electric vans don't cost any more to insure than my diesel vans.

How would hybrid be better? Even more to go wrong, just as "flammable" batteries?
« Last post by michael mckeary on Yesterday at 09:39:31 pm »
« Last post by zesty on Yesterday at 09:24:03 pm »

Engine isn’t at fault here, if it’s the gearbox, then a Honda engine won’t have made any difference!

I know that now but not at the time I was fearing it was the engine luckily I had pretty much finished when I saw it leaking.

Sell that one and get a belt drive 😜
« Last post by michael mckeary on Yesterday at 09:23:26 pm »
Hydraulic oil?

Which p/w have you got

Vanguard
« Last post by Stoots on Yesterday at 09:21:15 pm »

« Last post by Stoots on Yesterday at 09:20:12 pm »

How much was it?

£1300 delivered

Cheapest I could find basically.
« Last post by zesty on Yesterday at 09:18:20 pm »

I always get belt drive - no such issues  ;D less heat transfer to pump as well. I’ve never, in over a decade has one single issue with a Loncin belt drive washer. Had three so far (only sell them when I fancy a new one)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10