Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Gutter clearing
« Last post by Smudger on Today at 09:38:03 pm »
wow - you really are THE man !

Just loving your experience of life

;D
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Gardiners Through Pad
« Last post by M & C Window Cleaning on Today at 09:07:39 pm »
Pretty much all I use now for all my work is a 35cm Xtreme flocked, 35cm Xtreme Tapertec DuPont hybrid and the water through pads.
Window Cleaning Forum / Gutter clearing
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 07:47:41 pm »
Once did a gutter clear on a bungalow in the middle of a dry summer. Used the vac and it was a nightmare, dust everywhere. Ended up just using the ladder and it was quicker and far easier. Today I cleared one with grass growing out of the full length of back gutter. The customers were saying that it will be hard with all the grass in it. I told them it will be fairly easy because its been so hot it will have shrunk. The moment I got hold of a big clump the whole lot nearly came out. They were pretty upset that I made it look so easy because nothing was holding the roots in place and it was dry as a bone. I reckon it would have took me three times longer with the vac.
In the early days I fell off a ladder - another local windy was going around to my customers saying I wouldn’t be back
Thankfully lost just one customer to this underhand activity

This happened to a local windy a few years back, another established wc(toerag) found out and randomly knocked on doors whilst canvassing telling people he had taken over his round. Unfortunately he lost quite a bit of work through it. He could have helped himself out though by communicating his predicament to his custy's but didn't.

Someone canvassed at a customer of mine (when it was just me) and said I'd sold my round to him. Customer phoned to tell me how upset she was that I hadn't told her. I spent a couple of evenings texting, emailing and phoning all my customers in the area to prewarn them. General feeling was "What a ratbag; I'll tell him to where to go if he tries that on me".

Though I can see someone in the pits of depression after falling off a ladder not being bothered with the hassle of calling everyone.

Vin
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Snail Trails
« Last post by Phil J on Today at 07:43:37 pm »
Spray some degreaser on the glass and scrub as normal, piece of pish
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Gardiners Through Pad
« Last post by Ched on Today at 05:49:21 pm »
I use them on bad first cleans for upstairs sills, and conny roofs.
I also have a green Synthetic sponge Scourer roll from b&q that's 6mm thick, 140mm wide by 3m long for about £5. I cut sections out and use that, it lasts a lot better than the Gardiners pads but I only use it on glass conny roofs and sills. I use the original Gardiner pads on polycarb.
Window Cleaning Forum / Gardiners Through Pad
« Last post by Bungle on Today at 05:36:35 pm »
I bought one a while back just in case. I used it for the first time last Thursday. I had the internals to do on a public swimming pool. Never been cleaned. Brush wasn't working very well. Pad was 👌 https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-water-through-pad-holder-1-pad.html

I wish brushes worked as well as these.

Anyone else used one?
« Last post by Bungle on Today at 05:25:45 pm »
This is interesting because I always jump head first into making it a puzzle, I must solve. Will be carrying a small plastic bag with small iso damp cloth to see how it reacts on the trails. Understand I will only be able to do ground level where most are, will get back with results.  😉

Take a bag a of snails and plonk them on the window. When the snail has done his job lob it in the nearest hedge.
« Last post by Perfect Windows on Today at 05:06:37 pm »
i wander how effective a water additive will be like vision or added sparkle been i long time since ive used any

Vision?

Long time since I heard that snake oil mentioned.

Vin
« Last post by Stoots on Today at 03:59:52 pm »
Sometimes I just leave them if I cba  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10