richywilts

drinking and work next day is bad idea
« on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:55 pm »
wow had the day from hell today woke up and remembered id phoned up and booked work in never has 12 average jobs taken me so long too clean glad that day is over
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

dannymack

Re: drinking and work next day is bad idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »
You wasn't driving Richie boy !!! Now dats a bad thing !!!

ben M

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
do you feel the same when you take illegal drugs...?

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 08:25:06 pm »
There's many who take illegal and legal drugs who drive or operate machinery.
For some having 1 beer will effect them the next day. Most of us can relate to what he's saying "drinking and working next day is bad idea" it might not affect your driving but your body will feel it.

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:01:37 pm »
was asleep by 1am n didnt work till 10am

ben i used drugs to lift my spirits today after feeling drained i feel like a drive really well when im off my head ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

jackcold

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:21:33 pm »
Cocaine or weed?

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »
both coz i like to mix my drugs
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

deeege

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »

Log off and have a rest mate.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:20:34 pm »

H20cleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 11:33:40 pm »
Its bad enough drinking and getting up for work when you have a boss... But when you dont have a boss its almost impossible

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 12:04:25 am »

Richy, i think you are on the wrong forum.

Window Lickers

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 12:33:43 am »
I think Richy is just on a wind up.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 12:40:12 am »

Don't know about that. My experience is that people with those types of problems need to say it in some way and often not directly.

I couldn't be wrong though and it's just a wind up but I think not.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 12:49:18 am »
  I think Richy is wound up and now we know why.

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:20 am »

Don't know about that. My experience is that people with those types of problems need to say it in some way and often not directly.

He's winding Ben M up because he is always on his case. Obviously Ben is perfect and never made any mistakes.

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:37 am »

My experience is that those with that type of problem keep schtum and say nowt.

That's my own personal experience.

Once you start talking about it, you may have to start dealing with it, and that's a scary proposition.  

And according to the World Health Organisation, 10% of the human population have a 'drinking problem' (they drink enough to damage their health and/or cause social problems) and 1.5% of the population are alcohol dependant (alcoholics).

If those figures were extrapolated to the membership of CIU, that'd mean we've got quite a few members with booze problems.  

I don't know what the figure is for drug problems, but I kind of view alcohol and drugs as being very similar.

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 09:00:39 am »
I was drinking 6 or more cans of Gurmun beer every night until recently.  :( The damage it will do to your health is worse than I thought. Been losing weight steadily since I stopped. Feel better. Sometimes have a few beers on a Saturday, but never in the week.

The booze creeps up on you so you don't realise how much you're actually drinking. Until my doctor mentioned that I had a fatty liver. The point is for me, it's cheep to buy here, about 50p a litre for quality Gurmun beer.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Window Lickers

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 09:20:05 am »

They might need to, doesn't mean they will. From the opposite angle though, just because someone says it doesn't mean they need to say it (for themselves). In other words, it could just be a wind up.

I wouldn't dream of coming on an open forum and airing my dirty laundry for all and sundry, just in the same way I wouldn't walk into the local 7-11 and start divulging some sort of personal issue I might have. Maybe Richy hasn't got that understanding and needs to bring it out, wrong place for too many reasons IMO. Which is why I say it's a wind up.

But then again I see allsorts spoken on here which should actually be left unsaid. Especially on a public domain.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 09:28:59 am »
I enjoy not drinking more than I enjoy drinking which is a winning combination.....hence why I feel so good this morning, day off work, no hangover the whole day to do something productive.

In fact I feel that good I'm half tempted to go to the pub this afternoon to celebrate.....Im not going to though.  :P
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Tom White

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 09:38:17 am »
I'm an alcoholic in long-term recovery.  I think the more that people are open about this kind of thing, the less stigma there is for people who're struggling with their addictions, to find help.

And I am not ashamed of what I am. 

Sean Dyer

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:37 am »
i only drink at weekend , i had 4 guinness on friday night and a bottle of wine last night, probably wont touch it tonight although i might have a couple of pints if i go watch united chelski later :)

I think richy is being sarcastic after what ben said

people need to leave him alone now  , he s paid the price and done his time.
Let him without sin cast the first stone eh

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 10:15:28 am »
just to clear up i was being sarcastic i dont drink very often hence why the hangover killed me off only 4th time being drunk in 18months only had 4 pints and ten bottles of becks and 2 cans carling still rough now
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Dean Taberner

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 10:18:14 am »
I only had 4 pints and ten bottles of becks and 2 cans carling

Love this Richy hahaha.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:36 am »
Thats happened to me Rich

One of the bottle mustve been off  ;D ;D ;D

Plankton

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:48 am »
I was drinking 6 or more cans of Gurmun beer every night until recently.  :( The damage it will do to your health is worse than I thought. Been losing weight steadily since I stopped. Feel better. Sometimes have a few beers on a Saturday, but never in the week.

The booze creeps up on you so you don't realise how much you're actually drinking. Until my doctor mentioned that I had a fatty liver. The point is for me, it's cheep to buy here, about 50p a litre for quality Gurmun beer.
Very true, I've had the doctor fatty liver thing. And with the darker nights on us it ain't going to be easy to cut it down.

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:40 am »
I'm an alcoholic in long-term recovery.  I think the more that people are open about this kind of thing, the less stigma there is for people who're struggling with their addictions, to find help.

And I am not ashamed of what I am. 

I'm not an alcoholic (everyone says that), but I went through a stage of "congratulating" myself when I DIDN'T wake up feeling rough after a night out, or even not having alcohol the night before. Which was turning into most nights. I'm lucky (?) to sometimes work in parts of the middle East that are completely dry, so I was viewing that as a form of detox. Then when back, going a bit the other way.

Since I have cut right back I am finding more and more of a take it or leave it attitude. Mostly leaving it. Isn't life strange  :-\

Did you ever feel that way Tosh, or were you a fully fledged drinking every night person??

bobplum

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:48 am »
Take no notice of Richy, he was ok as he managed to drive, with no seat belt and was texting at the same time down green lane little sutton at 12.15............oh yeah im a snitch :) ;D

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 11:58:50 am »
Since I have cut right back I am finding more and more of a take it or leave it attitude. Mostly leaving it. Isn't life strange  :-\

Did you ever feel that way Tosh, or were you a fully fledged drinking every night person??

Yes, I drank pretty much everyday and when I wasn't drinking, I was thinking about drinking.

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

He's a professional bloke, very well educated, articulate, clean, family; no-one would've thought of him as an alkie, but he was.

The thing is that alcoholism is progressive; in 2, 5 or10 years time what would've this bloke been doing?

PoleKing

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 12:24:48 pm »

That explains a lot of your posts Coze.  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lal

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 01:26:04 pm »

Yes, I drank pretty much everyday and when I wasn't drinking, I was thinking about drinking.

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

He's a professional bloke, very well educated, articulate, clean, family; no-one would've thought of him as an alkie, but he was.

The thing is that alcoholism is progressive; in 2, 5 or10 years time what would've this bloke been doing?

A very good Factual Post Tosh.

Regards
Lal

Tom White

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »

Regards
Lal

Thanks, lal.

There's a school of thought that's been developing in the recovery community for a few years that us lucky few that've recovered from our addictions should be more open about them (if we're in a position to do so), thereby helping to reduce some of the stigma that still remains and often can prevent people from seeking help.

I guess it's a bit like those "Time to Change" government adverts about talking about our mental health problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLhl8VO3uQ

It takes some balls to do though.  There's even been some recovery marches - we're copying from the gay civil rights movement - in various parts of the UK since 2009, trying to make recovery more mainstream, and not the dirty little secret some seem to think it is.

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

Regards
Lal

I agree. Extremely interesting.

C o z y

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

That explains a lot of your posts Coze.  ;D

Yeah, I agree  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

If I drank like that I wouldn't see it as a problem.  ;D :o

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 09:40:38 pm »

Sounds good with some fava beans and a nice chianti. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 09:50:56 pm »

nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops too
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Tom White

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops too

Putting lemonade into pints is alcohol abuse.

Unless it's pints of whiskey.

PoleKing

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »

nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops shandy too

FTFY
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »
But he did have The Four Tops.
Sorry, I Can't Help Myself.
I know, I'll get my coat......It's The Same Old Song  ::)roll.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »
I know, I'll get my coat......

You'll find it outside, on the pavement.

G Griffin

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:17 am »

Aaaw.
Maybe I should kerb the bad jokes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 01:30:57 am »

Aaaw.
Maybe I should kerb the bad jokes.

Anyway, your coat, it's right next to the lamp post that the last dog pee'd against.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:12 am »
Drinking was becoming an issue for me and i read on here a couple of weeks ago about someone who read a book called "how to kick the drink easily" by jason vale , and how the person who read it hasnt had a drink since. I too read it and it is very very good. I too have not wanted a drink since reading it more than a week ago......(this for me is unheard of) i HIGHLY reccommend it to anyone who feels that booze has a control over them and wants to cut down/change their relationship with drink.

SeanK

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2014, 12:24:51 pm »
I think when your drinking becomes more of a habit than a pleasure then its time to ask questions.
But its definitely one indulgence where you have to be on the ball and not take it for granted. I enjoy a drink
and do occasionally over indulge but I use it as a treat and not something that should be part of my daily routine.
Don't get me wrong I don't think there is anything wrong with a person having one drink a day every day as its
better than overdoing it on a Saturday night, but when its in your life every day it can very easily go from one drink
to two drinks and before long its out of control and more than likely without you realising it.
The same goes if you have to give something else a miss because it would interfere with a drinking night then its
something to be wary off.