This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

Re: drinking and work next day is bad idea
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:37 am »
i only drink at weekend , i had 4 guinness on friday night and a bottle of wine last night, probably wont touch it tonight although i might have a couple of pints if i go watch united chelski later :)

I think richy is being sarcastic after what ben said

people need to leave him alone now  , he s paid the price and done his time.
Let him without sin cast the first stone eh

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 10:15:28 am »
just to clear up i was being sarcastic i dont drink very often hence why the hangover killed me off only 4th time being drunk in 18months only had 4 pints and ten bottles of becks and 2 cans carling still rough now
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 10:18:14 am »
I only had 4 pints and ten bottles of becks and 2 cans carling

Love this Richy hahaha.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:36 am »
Thats happened to me Rich

One of the bottle mustve been off  ;D ;D ;D

Plankton

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 10:36:48 am »
I was drinking 6 or more cans of Gurmun beer every night until recently.  :( The damage it will do to your health is worse than I thought. Been losing weight steadily since I stopped. Feel better. Sometimes have a few beers on a Saturday, but never in the week.

The booze creeps up on you so you don't realise how much you're actually drinking. Until my doctor mentioned that I had a fatty liver. The point is for me, it's cheep to buy here, about 50p a litre for quality Gurmun beer.
Very true, I've had the doctor fatty liver thing. And with the darker nights on us it ain't going to be easy to cut it down.

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:40 am »
I'm an alcoholic in long-term recovery.  I think the more that people are open about this kind of thing, the less stigma there is for people who're struggling with their addictions, to find help.

And I am not ashamed of what I am. 

I'm not an alcoholic (everyone says that), but I went through a stage of "congratulating" myself when I DIDN'T wake up feeling rough after a night out, or even not having alcohol the night before. Which was turning into most nights. I'm lucky (?) to sometimes work in parts of the middle East that are completely dry, so I was viewing that as a form of detox. Then when back, going a bit the other way.

Since I have cut right back I am finding more and more of a take it or leave it attitude. Mostly leaving it. Isn't life strange  :-\

Did you ever feel that way Tosh, or were you a fully fledged drinking every night person??

bobplum

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:48 am »
Take no notice of Richy, he was ok as he managed to drive, with no seat belt and was texting at the same time down green lane little sutton at 12.15............oh yeah im a snitch :) ;D

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 11:58:50 am »
Since I have cut right back I am finding more and more of a take it or leave it attitude. Mostly leaving it. Isn't life strange  :-\

Did you ever feel that way Tosh, or were you a fully fledged drinking every night person??

Yes, I drank pretty much everyday and when I wasn't drinking, I was thinking about drinking.

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

He's a professional bloke, very well educated, articulate, clean, family; no-one would've thought of him as an alkie, but he was.

The thing is that alcoholism is progressive; in 2, 5 or10 years time what would've this bloke been doing?

PoleKing

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 12:24:48 pm »
I was drinking 6 or more cans of Gurmun beer every night until recently.  :( The damage it will do to your health is worse than I thought. Been losing weight steadily since I stopped. Feel better. Sometimes have a few beers on a Saturday, but never in the week.

The booze creeps up on you so you don't realise how much you're actually drinking. Until my doctor mentioned that I had a fatty liver. The point is for me, it's cheep to buy here, about 50p a litre for quality Gurmun beer.

That explains a lot of your posts Coze.  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lal

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 01:26:04 pm »

Yes, I drank pretty much everyday and when I wasn't drinking, I was thinking about drinking.

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

He's a professional bloke, very well educated, articulate, clean, family; no-one would've thought of him as an alkie, but he was.

The thing is that alcoholism is progressive; in 2, 5 or10 years time what would've this bloke been doing?

A very good Factual Post Tosh.

Regards
Lal

Tom White

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »

Regards
Lal

Thanks, lal.

There's a school of thought that's been developing in the recovery community for a few years that us lucky few that've recovered from our addictions should be more open about them (if we're in a position to do so), thereby helping to reduce some of the stigma that still remains and often can prevent people from seeking help.

I guess it's a bit like those "Time to Change" government adverts about talking about our mental health problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLhl8VO3uQ

It takes some balls to do though.  There's even been some recovery marches - we're copying from the gay civil rights movement - in various parts of the UK since 2009, trying to make recovery more mainstream, and not the dirty little secret some seem to think it is.

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

Regards
Lal

I agree. Extremely interesting.

C o z y

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

That explains a lot of your posts Coze.  ;D

Yeah, I agree  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

But alkies come in all shades of grey.  I know a bloke in recovery who 'only' drank a bottle of red wine a night, and then binged on the weekend.  I reckon a lot of people could fit into that category.  He's in recovery because he couldn't stop drinking the bottle of red every night.  He'd try, and then at 9.55 pm (the shop closed at 10.00 pm), he'd find himself heading out to get the bottle.

If I drank like that I wouldn't see it as a problem.  ;D :o

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 09:40:38 pm »

Sounds good with some fava beans and a nice chianti. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 09:50:56 pm »

nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops too
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Tom White

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops too

Putting lemonade into pints is alcohol abuse.

Unless it's pints of whiskey.

PoleKing

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »

nope im just a bad lightweight the four pints were lager tops shandy too

FTFY
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »
But he did have The Four Tops.
Sorry, I Can't Help Myself.
I know, I'll get my coat......It's The Same Old Song  ::)roll.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »
I know, I'll get my coat......

You'll find it outside, on the pavement.