gavinb

Re: How do you find other window cleaners towards you
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 04:29:29 pm »
I always make a point of chatting to the windies i see .

I stopped and spoke to two guys last week and they put me onto a lead forca block of flats never even seen them before had a good chat for 20 mins or so .

The way i see it is we all gotta earn a crust so why go round causing hassle for each other .
Ive only ever had 1 be a bit arsey with me but i think its because i purposley flyered a customer of his cus i seen his trad pole and sud bucket outside lol .

He was a proper neandrathal man string vest shorts socks and a pair of sandals
 reminded me a bit of rab " c " nesbit .

Steven White

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 11:04:49 am »
A very friendly atmosphere her in north bedfordshire. I always chat and say hi to fellow window cleaners. Never had a bad one or the silent treatment. Besides it can be a lonesome job if you have no side kick. We're all in it together and it's not as if there ain't enough windows to keep us all happy.
Steve White (SWS Window Cleaning)

C o z y

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »
All the local windies like to chat to me. Ranging from...."if i see you here again i'll have the van off ya", "i'll find out where you live and torch the van", "if i see you here again i'll do you and your van in". And them some are even more social and like to phone up and say "if the van is not gone out of [insert name of road] i'll go round and smash his head in". Always full of chat and summat to say. Thats Liverpool anyway. I always thought Southerners where a little more introvert and rarely spoke ? Can't beat the banter we have here.

;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Jakey boy

Re: How do you find other window cleaners towards you New
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 01:05:34 pm »
No problems here in colchester, trad guys most friendly, pole blokes tend to look At trad people like dirt here, like there the Ferrari of window cleaners, I just laugh when customers say 'oh you use ladders, can I have you, those poles are useless...'  ;D

10 years time ill be a pole user, just can't afford the system yet, plus keeps me in shape!