pingu

Re: trad skills are v important
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »
when will that be?, when was the last one? why worry?..the world could end tomorrow...have you seen the date on that pdf?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:35 pm »
The South and South East had one last year I think, this area of the UK has little rain fall through out the year.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »
when will that be?, when was the last one? why worry?..the world could end tomorrow...

But it wont, as I can see into the future  ;D ;D
The world will only end the day after my mortgage is fully paid off lol (that would be my luck too)

Matt

Gaby P.

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:44 pm »
Gaby the WFP will have to go back to Trad during the hosepipe ban.

Matt

To be honest, I don't think it will ever happen. To the normal household yes, but not to a registered business.

pingu

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:33 pm »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE.....Right how many people here from those as mentioned above...suffered from this hose pipe ban?

Very little rain...you have got to be having a giraffe !!

Half the guys on here were flooded out last year...little rainfall....I Like it..go do another gag..know any about the recession?

..you know here in Holland when they want to build expensive houses/flats...they dig massive holes for the sand...then building houses and flats around that hole...the hole is used to dump the old rubble and such like and the hole floods...hey presto..water front property!

I don't like to dig my vegetable patch too much or deep for fear of digging a well ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 10:23:02 pm »
Gaby it was rubber stamped this year at a meeting with solicitors acting on behalf of the window cleaning trade and defra, HSE was also present, this meeting happened in March this year.
The reason Defra gave was that the WORDING of the H&S rule regarding ladders was, ladders should only be used once all alternative methods have been ruled out, Defra said on that the window cleaners can go back to using, I quote "bucket and sponge".

Matt

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE.....Right how many people here from those as mentioned above...suffered from this hose pipe ban?

Very little rain...you have got to be having a giraffe !!

Half the guys on here were flooded out last year...little rainfall....I Like it..go do another gag..know any about the recession?

I can assure you Essex was NOT flooded out last year!!!!!
Most of the people on here are form the NothWest of SouthWest, i.e. the areas with the highest rainfall average of the uk.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 10:31:45 pm »
Look and the Fed website, all the statements are there!!!!

pingu

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:39 pm »
Why does having a pop at a side of the industry boil you so much...it's window cleaning ...

water is water ...it's a cyclic thing...

Chances of a complete ban for wfp window cleaners is very remote just as it is for other industries that use water to produce good/services.

Hose pipe ban...is not so much about a lack of water is it? more about a antiquated system unable to contain that water..that same water is leaking into the ground and doing whatever water does.

Whether a hosepipe ban is put in place is not so much about how much water has fallen is it...more abou how much is caught and contained and or how much is available within other regions that can be bought....plenty of water to go around in Europe.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
The fed have recently appealed against defra.
Here is the PDF

pingu

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »
Poles fed from the mains and not static tanks....recently that was June 2006.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:48 pm »
That is the ruling now, but before the appeal was successful it was all WFP not just mains fed.

Matt

cozy

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:28 pm »
Not saying that one is better than the other, they all have their drawbacks and advantages. What I do as a trad WC, is watch the WFP posts about the drawbacks, so I would know what to do incase of a breakdown with the gear. What the real problem is, in my opinion, is the way it is batted from one side to the other, as if one method is better than the other.

I sit over here watching these discussions and wonder why the hassle starts sometimes. It seems to me, and I know I am going to upset a few guys here, that the trade of WCing is being "Bigged up" by some people to be more complicated than is really is. Like Pingu says, we all clean windows.

Some people lose their job at Lloyds bank, see some geezer with a pole wiping thingy and have a "Bash" at it. Off we go with silly cheap prices and cons being done for half price etc etc.

Next thing is, as far as I know, UK has H&S laws that the rest of Europe are laughing at, and all of a sudden we have HOSHKOSH NVQ ASWEMJQQQS and all the rest of these UK bits of paper to say Joe Bloggs can clean Mrs Smiths windows without starting a fire in a nearby nuclear power station.

It's all about earning a crust or in some cases, building a multi-national household name in cleaning bloody windows.

Who cares who cleans with a pole and funny water or with a wobbly ladder and a sponge. Count the money after the job is done. Who cares?

pingu

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:58 pm »
You know what..I really do not care what someone else does...I wish you all the best and hope you get everything you wish for and life treats you well...I have no futher desire to waste my life discussing this any further you are right, all you points are right and your methods are the way forward.

Respectfully
Dave...I'm off to watch Monkey.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »
I read some articles dated for March this year. either that or i was on pot.
 ;D

I havent a clue why I had a bee in my bonnet tonight, bloody knackered I know that.
looking at it, so what if other window cleaners can't clean trad way. I can and thats what counts.

Matt

pingu

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:07 pm »
Goodnight cross swords another time...tommorow is 'the recsssion' ;) ;) ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:44 pm »
Goodnight cross swords another time...tommorow is 'the recsssion' ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D

Got to go and pick the other half up from Gatwick tomorrow, looking forward to that NOT lol

Matt

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 07:14:39 am »

I havent a clue why I had a bee in my bonnet tonight, bloody knackered I know that.
looking at it, so what if other window cleaners can't clean trad way. I can and thats what counts.

Matt

I enjoyed that, whats todays topic of debate ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 07:59:39 am »
The fed have recently appealed against defra.
Here is the PDF

thats only for two places isnt it ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 10:13:59 am »
Ian that was for 2 places yes, but more water companies have requested the drought order, if they looked after their pipework they would same 100's of 1,000,000's of gallons per day, apparently Yorkshire water is the worst for leaking pipes.

Matt