hello there
50%
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Sir Squeaky

Re: wfp is not that good!
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:33 am »
Why, am upsetting the wfp ship? ;D

Don't like a difference of opinion from someone who's still proffesional?
Do you want everyone to forget trad, and conform to your substandard way of doing it?

Like I said...Wfp forum. ::)

Pj

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2007, 10:04:26 am »
I have been cleaning a fair sized commercial building for about 2 years, it takes a day to clean.  I changed to doing it wfp about 15 months ago, that's every month for the last 15 months, and the manager has seen what I've been doing.
She came out yesterday after I'd finished and asked what I use in the water?  I explained, as I have before, including my clear written explanation of how it all works, that it is purified water, with nothing added to it.  She said she has been meaning to tell me for some time, but she's been too busy.....Now I'm starting to think, "here we go, spots...sills not cleaned..dirty frames...NO!  She says she has never seen such clean windows, they sparkle after I've gone. 

So 2 points here:  1)  WFP does work!
                             2)  Clients just want the windows cleaned, they are often not even paying much attention to how we do it.  But they sure notice when the job is done badly or well!

Happy dayze   

poleman

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2007, 10:06:59 am »
Sorry mate you have over step the mark this time, and justifying with humour does wash  >:(

Andy  

Paul Coleman

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 11:15:36 am »
Once again, who was it aimed at?

This is far more offensive than anything I've said...
Good! When the HSE enforce the WAHR this year, when all the pro's have had chance to buy their new equipment that conforms to the new LAW, then I shall be pleased to take over your work for you when you go out of business :D :D :D

Hilarious bits in bold, offense underlined. >:(

How should I know who you aimed it at.  You're the one who wrote it.  I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those text only misunderstandings that happen on the net.  I've not had a pop at anyone here yet I feel as if you are having a go at me Squeaky.  Maybe I've read it wrong.  All I did was point out that you were only having a bit of banter.  Now I'm not so sure.

markybop

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 04:05:47 pm »
Would you all chill out guys.
Its meant to be a forum to help each other out not to wind each other up an hav a slangin match at each other,
its like a kids playground here sometimes.
splish-splash....give me the cash!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »
Maybe a silly thing this, but what about fun guys?

I'm only 6 months in the business, only since the last 2 months I have used the swirl or fanning, and I am just having great fun. I don't particularly see the fun or skill in wfp.

But that all aside, what matters is the following

wfp IS the future and WILL replace ladders, probably doing squeegeeing outside in as well, why doing bottoms traditionally if you can do it so much faster? (At least as good as traditional, or maybe better, but that's not the debate, the debate is you and the future of your business and family)

Only thing squeegees are going to be used for are the insides I'm afraid.

That is a realistic view of the future, in 15 years, nobody will be using ladders for sure. But what about < 5 years? You can bet that ladders users are gonna be in trouble with HS. At one point everyone will have to step over to wfp.

Everyone can think what they want, but some people are just plainly ignoring the already obvious, ladders are going to disappear. Better get prepared for wfp then having to do it at the last possible moment. You can always do bottoms traditional if you want!

Open your eyes, is it really so hard Squeeky to just swallow your pride and except ladders are going to go? This is not a debate over what is better, this is how you are gonna make your money in the near future. And that IS wfp, there is no denying that!  :-\

If you are NOT prepared to have a business plan for the future, and realistically accept what's coming then your out. And should be out, because you are not going to make it, nor do you have what it takes to stay in this business, no matter how skilled you are. Decision time is here. Just use your head.

robbobon

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 04:57:28 pm »
YEAH WELL IVE JUST HAD A IDEA,  I'M GOING TOO GET A WFP GUY TOO COME AND DO MY 100 YEAR OLD  FARM HOUSE NEXT WEEK, AND SEE WHAT KIND OFF JOB HE DOES,  (GEORGIAN WINDOWS HE HE!) AND THEN I,M GOING TO ASK MY MISSUS, IF SHE THINKS IT'S A GOOD JOB ???. THEN I'M GOING TOO DO THEM MY WAY AND SQUEEKY'S WAY ( THE BEST WAY) THEN  ASK HER WHAT SHE THINKS........  ;D AND BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER WILL BE. ;) GOD IF YOU LIVED DOWN HERE SQUEEKY, WE COULD WORK TOGETHER AND PUT ALL THE WFP GUYS OUT OFF BUSSINESS. I KNOW BECAUSE MY 600 CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR METHOD. ;)

advanced

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 04:59:22 pm »
and take that wig off  how do you keep it on in the wind

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »
At least as good as traditional, or maybe better...
I'm not even going to give that one the credit of a response. ;D

Only thing squeegees are going to be used for are the insides I'm afraid.

That is a realistic view of the future, in 15 years, nobody will be using ladders for sure. But what about < 5 years? You can bet that ladders users are gonna be in trouble with HS. At one point everyone will have to step over to wfp.
Absolute toilet.
I've asked HS people and it's all hype.
Sorry, but you will get over it. ;) ;D

This is not a debate over what is better, this is how you are gonna make your money in the near future. And that IS wfp, there is no denying that!  :-\
Yes, because I've already said that I'm tired of ladders, not because I wouldn't be allowed.  ::)

robbobon

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 05:10:47 pm »
 only natural son  ;) this is a debate on best methods in w/c not on how good looking I am. :-*

master cleaner

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 05:11:12 pm »
YEAH WELL IVE JUST HAD A IDEA,  I'M GOING TOO GET A WFP GUY TOO COME AND DO MY 100 YEAR OLD  FARM HOUSE NEXT WEEK, AND SEE WHAT KIND OFF JOB HE DOES,  (GEORGIAN WINDOWS HE HE!) AND THEN I,M GOING TO ASK MY MISSUS, IF SHE THINKS IT'S A GOOD JOB ???. THEN I'M GOING TOO DO THEM MY WAY AND SQUEEKY'S WAY ( THE BEST WAY) THEN  ASK HER WHAT SHE THINKS........  ;D AND BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER WILL BE. ;) GOD IF YOU LIVED DOWN HERE SQUEEKY, WE COULD WORK TOGETHER AND PUT ALL THE WFP GUYS OUT OFF BUSSINESS. I KNOW BECAUSE MY 600 CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR METHOD. ;)

unless they are rotten windows , then georgian windows are one of my favorites with wfp , i used to hate scrimming them wfp easy

gary

robbobon

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 05:18:08 pm »
THEY ARE NEW GEORGIAN WINDOWS, IN MY HOUSE, BUT THE WATER ON A STICK WOULD LOOK TERRIBLE ON THE PANES IN THEM. ;) OH AND YOU TELL THEM SQUEEKY !

Trevor Knight

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »
I KNOW BECAUSE MY 600 CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR METHOD. ;)

I must be stupid then as my 2000 customers all love WFP, do'h, I knew I was going wrong somewhere, must give my insurance company a ring so I can increase my premium back to £2,300 to allow me to use ladders for ALL my work. Oh and while I am changing my ways back to traditional that I did for some 14 years I will pop out and get some extra gripping shoes, haven't slipped off a roof for a while, can't wait to do that again!!!

Thanks for the tip  ;)

Am so bored with this mindless argument. A majority of these postings are so misunderstood. Boys and girls, whatever method you choose thats your choice, NO ONE is forcing you to do either (yet). For all you traditional window cleaners out there, congratulations, its a great method and one that brings good results in the right hands. For all you WFP cleaners again congratulations, it also gives great results in the right hands.

Personally, why have I converted all my vehicles over to WFP?

1) Some of the Blue Chip and County Council authorities are hot on H&S and have stipulated that this is their preffered method. So as a business I don't want to lose their contracts so that was reason number 1.
2) My Insurance company offered me a 40% price reduction if I was WFP - This is a considerable saving on a premium of £2,300 so reason number 2.
3) On some of my commercial contracts the apex was only cleaned via platfrom access. This increased my cost to the client, WFP allowed me to get to these without the additional cost, Reason number 3.
4) I have several hundreds of customers who have conservatories with window above, WFP allows me easier access to cleaning them, hence I can charge an extra 50p or £1 to clean them, this in turn paid for the van's WFP system, reason number 4.
5) I have suffered over the last 5 years two serious falls of ladders by my employees, this is something I don't have to worry about as much with WFP, reason number 5.

I hope I have painted the bigger picture here so all of you can understand there is more to consider than just the H&S hype!

Bottom line, I converted ALL my 2000 + customers over to WFP, lost 0 customers and have about 20 houses that I choose to clean traditional, oxidised frames, powder frames, however, on the whole this method is well received.

Why do I like WFP is a personal choice, I wouldn't mock any traditional w/c as I have more than done my fair share of traditional w/cleaning and still do, what excites me is the new opportunities this system has opened up and how much easier the business is now. Looking forward to my next crew and vehicle in 3 months time.

So, what am I meaning by this long winded posting?

Guy's live and let live, don't mock either method, each has its place and its always personal preference, when and if the Government make WFP compulsery then worry about what each other is doing!

HAPPY DAYS !
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Templar

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:57 pm »
robbomonn is brilliant. I notice his spelling has improved no end as the post has gone on( a bit like an actor dropping his accent). This is the best wind-up i've seen for a long time and it has a sort of natural justice too it. I'm very glad these trad shiners are going out with a bang and not a whimper.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2007, 10:20:34 pm »
Another one... ::)

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »
LMAO "goon" :)

well, even though i fell from my ladder last year and broke my feet, im still doing it in the trad way. WFP sounds good as you can do it from the ground without to much risk, but it is an expensive set up compared with wot we need for trad work, and seems like a lot of hassel e.g purifying ya water at home, carting it around in a big van, refilling here and there etc etc and the list goes on!

there is an art to doing it trad which has been around for years, you can feel it when your doing the job that it seems more.....special  and unique than using a wfp.
people do have accidents on ladders (sometimes) but we learn from our mistakes and carry on!
its a shame that this old traditional way of working seems to be getting pushed out because of the modern way and rules and safety laws introduced!
i know this is probably due to the amount of accidents etc via ladder useage, but it would be such a shame if it became obsolite......a bit like an animal becoming extinct!?

when I'm cleaning windows

Pj

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2007, 11:14:34 pm »
well you are a bit of an animal Denis ;D

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:06 pm »
lol...it has been said sir ;) GRRrrrr!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2007, 12:00:34 pm »

well, even though i fell from my ladder last year and broke my feet ...

people do have accidents on ladders (sometimes) but we learn from our mistakes and carry on!

its a shame that this old traditional way of working seems to be getting pushed out because of the modern way and rules and safety laws introduced!
i know this is probably due to the amount of accidents etc via ladder useage, but it would be such a shame if it became obsolite......a bit like an animal becoming extinct!?

Denis - you fell off a ladder and broke your feet! And you carry on? How is that learning from your mistakes? (With respect.)

I don't know how old you are, but that damage may come back and haunt you sooner than you think. Especially climbing up and down ladders.

Please think again.
It's a game of three halves!

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2007, 12:24:38 pm »
ive learnt by my mistakes, as in i'm very careful with the ladder when i use it, make sure the angle is safe and dont take any risks.
I cant afford a wfp setup anyway or a van for that matter. i use an estate car for work and to carry my kids etc around in. cant afford to run a van aswel as a car and  i have just the one carparking space :)
maybe one day i will do wfp, who knows. but at the moment, as long as i think about my safety on the ladder and of my workmates then there shouldnt be a problem!?

i dont go up to high anyway so thats some of the risk eliminated!