Bob Robertson

Re: C.L.E.A.N ASSOCIATION
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 01:09:47 am »
Pete

A few serious questions I would like to ask.

1.What is the official association going to be called?

2.How much is it to join and yearly fees?

3.What will the association bring to the table that the NCCA do not offer?

4. Can members of this new association be members of both or will there be some sort of conflict of interest?

5. How many members does the association expect to join in its first year?

6. Who is going to run it at the start ?(Names of people involved)

7.How many people are going to be on the board?

8. Will board members be voted in yearly?

Bob

Davey750

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 01:21:36 am »
I understand credibility ,
However if a member sets out to ask to be telephoned, and ignores such.
Please draw your own conclusions , before anybody engages with me have your story correct.
In the nice possible way.

Davey750

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2010, 01:28:38 am »
It is now exactly 1 hour that you challenged me to phone ,
where are you ? or are you earning loads of money like most carpet cleaners.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2010, 01:33:19 am »
Davey its gone midnight why would people call at this hour?

You've provided your phone number so has Pete, perhaps you can speak tomorrow.

All the best,
Jason.

robert meldrum

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 01:38:12 am »
When an association or membership emerges a lot of people feel threatened particularly when there's a lack of information which might reassure them.

I realise this is not the best place to discuss the subject so information will be sketchy but I would like to suggest to anyone who might be concerned about the possible impact on their business should relax.

No matter how big any association becomes it's unlikely to have a negative effect on your business whatever method you use to clean carpets.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 01:48:30 am »
Well said Robert,

Although I'm not directly associated with the association I know people that are. They are keen to introduce a new association that confirms members skill levels and achieve national recognition and contracts.

I think its a fantastic step in the right direction for our industry that a handful of experienced and forward thinking cleaners are challenging the old school and trying to bring a new cleaning association into the modern world. Enthusiasm, experience & knowledge... Is there a better combination!!

All the best,
Jason.

Joe H

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 06:09:02 am »
Is it me or are there a lot of new posters who have come online all at once to answer this post?
Hello to new and old friends ;)
Shaun

;D

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 09:18:01 am »
Guys, I realise there are alot of questions and some that we could indeed answer now but for the purpose of dong it "by the book" we will not.

This post was merely to get details of those who might be interested to support ongoing negotiations that we are currently engaged in.

I would like to stress, again, that we are NOT competing with the NCCA and this will become clearer upon launching.

As Rob says though, there is nothing to feel threatened by.

Davy, I will ring you this morning. I did not last night as I am unwell and was asleep at the time of your call request.

Cheers
a rather poorly Pete

robert meldrum

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 10:42:12 am »
Another day...another opportunity  :)

Having hit my 65th birthday last year, believe me, life is SHORT but it's only when you realise how much you have still to do that you realise how short it is.

If an opportunity comes along that MIGHT improve your life, your business, your future, at least look at it . If you don't someone else will and they might be your closest competitor !

Have a good day

Get out and breathe in some fresh air, clear your head and get rid of all negative thoughts.

ady

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »
so another association and theres quite a few floating around that take our money ,year in year out ,I am more than happy with the NCCA ,its been running years and at 37 im not an old foggie yet as someone seems to think we all are , carnt vouch for Joe though ;D only joking
  these new association that start up , seem to give the impression of a money making scheme along the lines .
this CLEAN association is a reg company I believe  ? with pete as managing director ?  on a wage ? as a company director?  I dont know  ,but when somebody puts a post up about a new Cleaning association  but can give no details about the above ????!!!  ,pete im not being funny but people will either think your St peter patron saint to carpet cleaners  , or its another carpet cleaners idea of making a few extra bucks when times are hard, well Ive made up my mind  !!    ,peter sorry if this post sounds a bit negative but I do wish you all the best ,but for me  Im out

jasonl

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:07 pm »
I am all for a modern fresh approach, CLEAN sounds like  just what is needed.

My only reservation is that  CLEAN says not much about carpet cleaning.  Carpet cleaning is a small town    in the Isle Of Wight compared to the cleaning industry being the whole of Britain.

As someone once said, Carpet cleaning and the Isle of Wight are like an old sleepers knickers, everyone knows they are there, yet no-one cares.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Robert Watson

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 12:55:14 pm »
Ady, how can you decide to be out when you don't know all the details.
I certainly don`t. But always like to keep an open mind until I know the facts.
I find the negativity on here quite incredible. Pete`s already said it`s not about making money.
Even if it was and the people involved were doing a good job. Why should they not be rewarded.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

ady

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:07 pm »
Rab , so you only want positive views on clean it up I thought this site invited different views on a topic.as for peter I did offer my best wishes and I do hope he does well.
  I have been a member of c i u for a number of years now and have decided not to visit this site agian as a result of the above, I thank all the members for there help and support over the years when ive needed it ,signing off Ady

Joe H

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 02:34:37 pm »
Ady, still not clear whats ruffled your feathers. :(

All I know about CLEAN is that some dedicated carpet cleaners have been working for some months now on this venture. Not too much has been released during that time, despite criticism from some quarters.
I think you need to have an open mind at this point in time.

All Pete has said is if you want to register an interest and want to know more when the time is right to release the info, then register - its costing nothing to register an interest, so what does anyone have to loose.

Thats all it is - registering an interest in more info and its costing nothing to do it.
Why all the negativity?

aandm

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 02:38:00 pm »
So if you come on here with an opinion that doesnt suit the majority it would appear you dont have a place on this forum or the right to comment!?

All associations make money in one way or another and for Pete to say its registered as a non profit making organisation doesnt really mean anything, we can all make the books show no profit if we want.

Someone will run the organisation and will be paid for it

Others will be involved and they will also be paid for it

those people are the ones that will be gaining

I dont think any of the comments made on this thread have been wrong but it does highlight the very two tier system being run on this site.

Regards

Tony

Joe H

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »
Two tier system - I am missing something here. :(

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 03:08:13 pm »
Tony

You are hypothesising. You, as the rest of us, are working at present from a position of ignorance.

From my experiences with the NCCA, individuals do not have to earn or make profit from an association.

Lets all wait and see what C.L.E.A.N.  has to offer. If you don't like it, don't join. It's an easy and free judgement to make. But to make or suggest judgements before it's launched is just crazy.

Just an opinion from an Old Fogey 8)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

aandm

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 03:08:37 pm »
Joe

a couple of weks back someone came on this forum advertising themself as a leaflet designer/printer (i dont know this person or have anything to do with it), they were promptly informed by a moderator that they were not allowed to post services for financial gain on this site without permission of the sponsors and i can see a point to this although i do think the approach and alleged subsequent actions of the moderator involved was a little over the top. This person was obviously no friend of any moderator and therefor was promptly told to get out.

Now Pete advertises a new association on the forum and because he is a friend and they are involved (the moderators) this is completely ok?.
There will be a financial gain because members will have to part with money unless joining the association is free!!

So how are these any different, both offering a service, in both instances people will part with money.

That is what i mean by two tier.

Tony

aandm

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 03:14:23 pm »
Ken

to be honest, for me, this doesnt have anything to do with C.L.E.A.N and it may very well be a great association when it is launched and i wish them every success, hell i might even want to join, what i object to is what i see as double standards by the moderators on this forum.

Regards

Tony

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
Tony

I can see where you're coming from on the two tier issue. A fine line has to be trodden and, IMO, I think the moderators have it right.

A company, or it's agent, making what is in effect an advert, doesn't fall within the no unpaid advertising of this, or many other, forums.

However, a trade organisation, whether that be IICRC, NCCA or C.L.E.A.N. is of significant interest to us all, whether positive or negative. All claim to be non-profit organisations and to be representative of our industry in some way or another. Because of of their relevence to us all, I feel that the freely offered opinions on them all are relevent to us and should continue to be allowed.

Lets all wait until the public launch before we offer criticisms of the unknown.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!