LWC

"Your late" customers
« on: September 17, 2009, 08:17:44 pm »
Had one today, im behind at mo, mind you im behind quite a bit cause work wont stop coming in. But im just thinking, does it really matter! Its a piddly £6 and im not casting it off as work is work, but they aint had to part with their money for a extra 2 weeks, big deal "i thought you werent coming back" ... dear me i think some of them need to get out more, if it was me i wouldnt even notice, we have a gardener and i couldnt care less if he came this week or 6 weeks late, as long as he showed his face reasonably i wouldnt quarm about it, 3 - 4 months then fair enough THAT is late, but a few weeks here and there, what really gets me to is they dont ask is everything ok, anything could of happened, it just so happens id had 2 weeks holiday with my kids and wife over summer holidays, and had a very nice time at that, which has sent me out quite a bit...but i suppose we're not supposed to have holidays and have a life and clean their windows regardless .... rant over.

Steve CM

Re: "Your late" customers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »
if you run a regular service then you should be on time. if you are gonna be late through holiday then let your custys know. you wouldn't like it if they told you not this week, come back in 2 weeks would you?

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »
Oh shut up Steven  ;D

Gimp

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
Gimp

you been chatting to my missus? ???

;D

LWC

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
She did mention a few masks

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:50 pm »
How dare you have a holiday  ::).
And 2 weeks! You`re earning too much  >:(

Gerry ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

cozy

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
I reckon I have about 1% that give a monky's if I am exactly on time. Most of my stuff is six weekly, and I tell them when I start them as new custies, that we are sometimes upto 2 weeks late. Still get the odd one that moans about us being a couple of days late, but who cares? So long as you don't lose half your custies, no problem I think.

Nice to have too much work than not enough innit? :)

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:57 pm »
sometimes i get 3 or even 4 week behind and no one complains

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 08:42:24 pm »
I'm always late, used to be 4 weeks, now it's 6. This has happened over time as my work has grown. Not had a complaint, think custys just accept with a weather dependent job I'll come when I come. Works for me, gives me flexibility.

Infact, when I was 4 weeks I used to get regular moans I was back too soon!

LWC

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:45:14 pm »
I aint had it for a while like, but exaclty mate weather depnent etc etc...who cares!

Everone else is happy enough. Ill go round nxt week and do them again lol

NWH

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 08:49:43 pm »
Loads of my stuff is like a month late,you can price higher if your not round what seems like every 5 minutes unless it`s commercial.

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:11 pm »

Yea, that'll show em, bet they dont complain again after that.

Anyway, FYI, Im quite often late. I used to years ago have a 4 week round, now I tell em its 6, but not to bet on it being that regular.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 08:56:16 pm »

Anyway, FYI, Im quite often late. I used to years ago have a 4 week round, now I tell em its 6, but not to bet on it being that regular.

I use similar word to, 5 - 6 weeks, but sometimes i may be late with weather etc.

If they dont like it, theyre welcome to fid someone else, but i wont be tied down to a regimated 6 weeks(example) im sorry

luther1

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 09:12:06 pm »
I'm always late unless its contract commercial jobs.Imo,if you on time then you haven't enough work!

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:22 pm »
I ain't been up to date for about a year now, generally a week behind,  I've got a few that mark the calendar and may make a comment  so I just do those ones on time and the other 99% couldn't care less.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 11:09:47 pm »
am sure some customers think all you're there for is to clean theres only!!

same when people ring up and expect to give them a price over the phone then expect you to drop everything to go and clean theres right this second.
Dave.

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 11:46:00 pm »
i very rarely late for two reasons one i like te money an dknowing what iv got coming in and two i just think provideing a regular service is important.

if your getting behind all the time then its time to employ or work in the rain ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:11 pm »
i very rarely late for two reasons one i like te money an dknowing what iv got coming in and two i just think provideing a regular service is important.

if your getting behind all the time then its time to employ or work in the rain ;)

ronnie, if we are all behind and not losing customers through it......
then it proves providing a regular service is not important

ronnie paton

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »
ALL who is all??????

im sorry but there are millions of window cleaners out there and i guess alot of the sccesful companes do it by providing a regular profesional service..........by the wa thats not a guess i know for a fact ;)

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:46 am »
Some customers just need to get a life! They have nothing better to do most of them than to count the weeks since your last visit. How sad.

Steve CM

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:12 am »

ronnie, if we are all behind and not losing customers through it......
then it proves providing a regular service is not important

i pick up a lot of customers that don't like it when there window cleaner just picks and chooses when he turns up so it must be important to some

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 08:49:23 am »
ALL who is all??????

All those that posted ..... bar you ....so you must be special ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 08:51:07 am »
i pick up a lot of customers that don't like it when there window cleaner just picks and chooses when he turns up so it must be important to some

I agree, the ones I do that are way behind are the pain in the butt customer who you are welcome to have anyway, the good ones I'll keep on track ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:55:02 am »

I agree, the ones I do that are way behind are the pain in the butt customer who you are welcome to have anyway, the good ones I'll keep on track ;D

a good customer is a paying customer ;)

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:19 am »
These days I say six weekly but it may turn inbto eight weeks sometimes if ill, holidays etc.  Also mention that if I get behind in the winter then it's harder to catch up due to shorter daylight.

TonyD

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 09:09:06 am »
I've just picked up most of a very good road and a lot of those new customers chose me because they said the last cleaner was hit and miss, sometimes weeks late is what a good few of them said, so it must matter to some.  I've now got to try and not be weeks late myself....

EZclean

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 09:23:25 am »
trad i was always behind, on 4week work it could be anything from 6-8wks.
just wasn't getting through the work. had lots comment on it, since going wfp ive never been behind, in fact this week i'm a day early! same last week too!
ive missed out on a lot of money by being behind.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

GWCS

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 10:24:25 am »
I have had a few like that this year.

I make sure they all have my numbers so they can call but do they? NO..

They say "ow we wondered what happened" so i just reply, "bad weather stopped play"..

Get a few laughs from that.. .

Funny thing is they say where are you, but are never bothered to pick up the phone and ask, so you have to wonder if they are really that bothered..

I guess they got used to me being on time all the time previously.  :D

Love the ones that dont like it being done in bad weather.. i just miss them out and they say "where have you been", so i reply with "last time i clean was during a spell of iffy weather so i missed you out since you complained so much last time and im only in this area once a month".. goes down well - NOT, but they get the idea its done regular or not at all.

I have some custies who dont mind if its lashing it down, blowing a gale they still want it done regardless. They are always top of my list - look after the people that dont mess you about..

ronnie paton

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 01:39:27 pm »
ALL who is all??????

All those that posted ..... bar you ....so you must be special ;D

that is right and maybe one day you will be in my league but for now youll have to just be happy being a un relaible window cleaner ;)

Perfect Vision

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 02:18:34 pm »
I had this the other day, was alittle bit late, anyway these guys are o.a.ps n like to be around when I come so I had to go back three times till they were eventually in and they said oh we thought you weren't coming again n got the chap who knocked on the door to do them but we will keep you.
Lucky for them they live very close to me so it's not much hastle otherwise I'd have dropped it!

LSB

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 02:58:23 pm »
im always on time , be it 4 or 8 weekly !
ive trained the customers that we only do regular cleaning / all year round , so by being on time im keeping my side of the agreement 

C.C.S.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 03:57:16 pm »
i always try do be on time ,maybe only for the ones that deserve to be late.i ussually call the night before to let them know i'm coming and ask for the gate to be unlocked if it's the case

john tomkins

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 04:17:44 pm »

that is right and maybe one day you will be in my league but for now youll have to just be happy being a un relaible window cleaner ;)

Unreliable (1 week so what!) who doesn't lose any customers so that'll do me.

Just wish I was as good as you think you are ::)

ronnie paton

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 07:37:58 pm »
and we have your word for that gobby.

i provide a relable service if i say monthly im monthly if a say three monthly im three monthly my customers notice this and appreciate so who cares what you think you have no reflection on me or my business thankgod. ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
and we have your word for that gobby.

i provide a relable service if i say monthly im monthly if a say three monthly im three monthly my customers notice this and appreciate so who cares what you think you have no reflection on me or my business thankgod. ;D

Sure do.
No need to be arrogant though, it just shows your true colours ::)

ronnie paton

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:58 pm »
arogance and attitude came from you pal lets just have a difference of opinins hey

andy1111

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 02:56:34 am »
It's funny to see all this love on here! ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 08:23:15 am »
It's funny to see all this love on here! ;D

just the usual ;D

ftp

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 08:43:25 am »
Compact work I keep on time, the stragglers get done whenever. There are only two ways to stay on time: work in all weathers and have less than a full round. If you have a full round you can't find time for any add ons.

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:22 am »
Compact work I keep on time, the stragglers get done whenever. There are only two ways to stay on time: work in all weathers and have less than a full round. If you have a full round you can't find time for any add ons.
I have a full round and we work in all weathers ;) also have time for add ons due to longer days rounds are set up for winter hours  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)