amayze

Re: why waste money on leaflet drops
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »
It's definately NOT a waste of money.

Firstly, use Leaflet Xpress down in Cornwall. You can get 10,000 A5 flyers for £85 inc £15 delivery charge. Thats a better value for money.

Secondly, whilst some leaflets will get throw away (once, within 10 secs of me putting it thro the letterbox), some will keep them.

I still get calls from my early leaflet drops, and last week, one from my first 100, when I used to photocopy them at Staples and cut them up at home !!

gavin pedley

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:41 pm »

Sean Dyer

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 10:47:56 pm »
both have there place

if your knocking what if theyre not in

what if they dont want to decide there and then

i find knocking and posting yields the best results

went out knocking a few weeks ago and was basically saying - do you want a window cleaner

picked up work to value of £75 a month all really close, and also had 3 calls from leaflets since to go quote

so knock and post

the problem with canvassing is its hard, harder than cleaning if you are not that way inclined BUT its the best way to build,

mick hay

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 08:19:53 am »
Ive been going 5 years, and built my whole business on leaflet drops!

Got a very healthy customer base and get calls for windows and conservatory cleans every year from leaflets dropped years ago.

i will drop 80,000 throughout the year, every year.

A 2% response is very hopeful, if you go on 0.5% for immediate response, you wont go far wrong!!!!

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »
80k ! - i'd have to leaflet every house 5 times a year in a 20 mile radius to offload that amount!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 12:54:23 pm »
smudger i think he pays a company to deliver them!i dont think he delivers them himself!!i think mick its quite a shrew businessman!a lot more than me!i could learn a lot off mick the way he runs his business!! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

geefree

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 04:36:57 pm »
Leaflets are meant to go in the bin,  thats why we only get a tiny percentage of work from them, but you can generate work from them, just the same as you can from any form of advertising,

If you place an advert in the paper, the only people that will ring you are people who need you,  same as leaflets

if you spend £150 on 10,000 leaflets and get only 20 customers at £10 per month,( as an example only as you can build a round on this amount)..  that is still £2400 in one year !

So money well spent,

but door knocking is simply a faster way to build a round. because its instant and you are pushing them into finally getting round to getting a window cleaner.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 05:39:01 pm »

Got a very healthy customer base and get calls for windows and conservatory cleans every year from leaflets dropped years ago.

A 2% response is very hopeful, if you go on 0.5% for immediate response, you wont go far wrong!!!!
where do you get them printed and delivered mick ???

prestigeclean

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 07:59:54 pm »
if you are knocking , take no notice of the stickers on the doors in my experience most people have forgotten they,re even on there , also take no notice of the signs saying no door to door selling , i went out this week and picked up 12 jobs in an area where they were everwhere regards alan

e newlands

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 09:07:50 am »
i use a co on ebay cheap leaflets 5000 for under 40 quid i also recently got some ridge magnets done with number etc for advertising  eot / builders clean side and dropped them off to estate agents builders etc paid for themselves from the first job generated

leights

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 09:38:59 am »
most of my work has come from ie,can you do the missis friends house, mother in laws, sisters house ect and the first house came from a flyer,  then it grew out of cntrl.

i got a rule of thumb which u can use its really effective in fact everyone should try it.

if i get a new house from a call from an ad or just one of my customers asking for me to go round and clean it
 i knock and flyer the no answs 10 houses either side of the house in question, takes me 20 mins and most of the time i get at least 1 house, so thats now 2 in that street i will have, and then 10 houses from the that house ect ect.
 its great, :P
better than all the rest

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 09:54:01 am »
ive not posted any flyers for a few years but i got a really good response by leaving a 100 or so in local village shops , doctors reception area local gym just places where a lot of people use they tend to only take 1 if they want the service you offer .
where theres muck theres money

mick hay

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:16 pm »

where do you get them printed and delivered mick ???

Hi Sean,
i get them printed at   www.cheapleaflets.net    cant fault him

and a fella in manchester delivers them for me, he does mainly council and govt stuff, but ive been with him since he started so still does mine, i pay £25 per 1,000

Sean Dyer

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »
thats really good i was paying 35 per 1000 and thought that was cheap

thanks mick

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 10:32:09 am »
IF I was going to have someone deliver my leaflets for me I would only use Royal Mail.
I have tried a few leaflet distribution companies and I know for a fact they none of them delivered all the leaflet I assigned to them.

Matt

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 11:09:03 am »
Dazmond,  i didn't think for a minute that Mike hand delivered them himself!

there just isn't that many houses around here,  something like 15k within 12 miles of base, so mass drops
of 80k a year would just mean continually leafleting the same houses time and again

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 11:24:48 am »
IF I was going to have someone deliver my leaflets for me I would only use Royal Mail.
I have tried a few leaflet distribution companies and I know for a fact they none of them delivered all the leaflet I assigned to them.

Matt

And what makes you think that a postman will deliver them all as well..... ;D

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 11:58:38 am »
They won't dump them in the gutter. Royal mail would be sued to high heaven if they did that.
Plus they are dropping the post off so one leaflet isn't going to make a difference to their everyday job.
Most of these "leaflet distribution" companies really don't give 2 hoots about whether they deliver the leaflets.

Matt

bobby p

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2010, 12:08:55 pm »
i found a good way was to put a little ad in a shop window for a leafleter . then pay at the end of each time they go out,so you can see them and hear their stories of their time working. if they tell you about dogs or anything such as enquiries you know they are doing it . 
HOWEVER  they all get sick of doing it in the end ,well mine did, and once i stopped getting any phone calls i knew my leafleter was pulling a stroke and time to move on .luckily i had built up a real big wodge of work by that time

Panorama

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2010, 03:54:08 pm »
They won't dump them in the gutter. Royal mail would be sued to high heaven if they did that.
Plus they are dropping the post off so one leaflet isn't going to make a difference to their everyday job.
Most of these "leaflet distribution" companies really don't give 2 hoots about whether they deliver the leaflets
hi everybody this is my first post. regarding statement above, i used to be a postman and they wont deliver if you are not paying to do so. everything is around baggage weight now so im afraid the leaflet wont be priority and wont be delivered