Plankton

Re: GG4 in the tank - I've changed my mind!
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 11:42:49 pm »
What is gg4?

Glass Gleam 4 from Titan Labs, its a solution  for traditional cleaning even though it has little or no glide and is more or less
useless at removing dirt.
Would say its the worst product I have ever used so why anybody would want to add it to their pure is beyond me.
What about GG3 then  >:(

kempy

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 12:57:59 am »
Gg4 is 90% water , but I don't know what the other 10% is .

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 07:51:48 am »
Most things are beyond Sean.

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 08:02:08 am »
It is a good trad solution that's been out for years, doesn't foam much which is the idea so that there is less detailing and bleed back on the glass. Doesn't suit everyone because some like a load of froth on the glass.

It also has the ability to reduce the surface tension of water in your tank making rinsing a bit faster. I've used it for at least six months. The ingredients are claimed to be very safe which is good.
I had a bottle knocking around anyway so emailed Titan labs then gave it a go. Up until now I have been very pleased with it. I don't use it anymore for Trad as I prefer HG fluid which has a bit more glide and froth.

http://www.titanlabs.net/

simonr

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 08:24:36 am »
[quote author=Dave Willis
i thought you were using ecover multi purpose  in your tank

SeanK

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 08:39:18 am »
Most things are beyond Sean.

Maybe but unlike yourself I know how to clean a window and at least know how to tell the difference in spotting caused by
my myself or if its ingrained on the glass. ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 08:50:17 am »
It is a good trad solution that's been out for years, doesn't foam much which is the idea so that there is less detailing and bleed back on the glass. Doesn't suit everyone because some like a load of froth on the glass.

It also has the ability to reduce the surface tension of water in your tank making rinsing a bit faster. I've used it for at least six months. The ingredients are claimed to be very safe which is good.
I had a bottle knocking around anyway so emailed Titan labs then gave it a go. Up until now I have been very pleased with it. I don't use it anymore for Trad as I prefer HG fluid which has a bit more glide and froth.

http://www.titanlabs.net/

So you wouldn't recommend it for traditional work  ?

SeanK

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 09:02:14 am »
It wasn't just the fact that there's very little glide because it doesn't foam up but also it didn't seem to hold the dirt in
the mixture so it was very easy to leave smears on the glass which where almost impossible to remove by detailing, not
joking it was like trying to detail off grease.
It also left the glass with that coated look you get from using cheap solutions or Fairy, would hate to see the state of the glass
after a rain shower.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 09:04:39 am »
Quote from: Dave Willis
i thought you were using ecover multi purpose  in your tank
[/quote

I did for a week or two - seemed to work well, just missed the bubbles a bit so went back to GG4

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 09:06:29 am »
It wasn't just the fact that there's very little glide because it doesn't foam up but also it didn't seem to hold the dirt in
the mixture so it was very easy to leave smears on the glass which where almost impossible to remove by detailing, not
joking it was like trying to detail off grease.
It also left the glass with that coated look you get from using cheap solutions or Fairy, would hate to see the state of the glass
after a rain shower.

Not everyone likes it but an awful lot do - they've been in business since the eightees so seem to have got it cracked. 

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
What is gg4?

Glass Gleam 4 from Titan Labs, its a solution  for traditional cleaning even though it has little or no glide and is more or less
Would say its the worst product I have ever used so why anybody would want to add it to their pure is beyond me.

One's for hard water and the others for soft, cant remember which is which.

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 09:10:10 am »
GG4 - Hard
GG3- Soft

NWH

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 03:43:12 pm »
I did a job I had to go back and do again on nearly all of the insides a few years a go using that stuff gg3,it's no different to gg4 just a bit more froth but not a lot more that it's worth mentioning really. On doing them they looked perfect but when I went back and had to do them again they looked dreadful TBH,there were squeegee drag lines and direction changes galore one of the worst jobs I can say I've ever done traditionally. The result your looking for using this product can be made by using minimal ordinary detergent,the amount of say fairy liquid or similar window cleaners use is far to much in a bucket for traditional cleaning you literally just need a teaspoon full in a bucket of water. I reckon if I wanted to I could make a bottle of fairy last me near on a year these days with the amount of blading I do,mostly shops and insides.

Plankton

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 05:46:08 pm »
What is gg4?

Just correcting the angry face, must have hit the wrong button.
I don't think I've read anything bad before regarding gg3 or gg4, I've been wanting to try it but I've got about 15 litres of washing up liquid from Bonnymans so it'll be a while before I need anymore.

pure tech

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 06:27:12 pm »
Just dumped 650l down the drain  ;D

Cleaned my kitchen window five times since yesterday and in direct low level sunlight the spotting is dreadful. Wife can't see it but I can and it's driving me nuts. Going to refill in a moment and try again.

I posted months ago that gg4 in your tank water causes spotting,  pleased that you are now aware of this.
Personally I feel that Vision can also have a similar affect especially on hydrophobic glass.

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 06:38:55 pm »
You did - I remember. Did you try anything else?

pure tech

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 06:50:36 pm »
I imported a bottle of Vision and found that it also left spotting on glass that water beads on.
Heading out to clean windows now (am in NZ)

chris turner

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 07:21:27 pm »
I imported a bottle of Vision and found that it also left spotting on glass that water beads on.

I was suspicious the old vision caused spotting on certain windows as well.
The new mix iv had no problems with, been using it a few weeks now, regularly checking glass at different viewing angles, so far so good.
My own windows are hydrophobic and look ace after being cleaned with the newer vision.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2015, 07:25:54 pm »

I was suspicious the old vision caused spotting on certain windows as well.
The new mix iv had no problems with, been using it a few weeks now, regularly checking glass at different viewing angles, so far so good.
My own windows are hydrophobic and look ace after being cleaned with the newer vision.
Has the new one got a clear bottle ???

tlwcs

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 07:27:58 pm »
Can I get  an exchange on a nearly new bottle of the old?