Newannaive

wfp....yay or nay?
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:55:55 pm »
is there anyone on here who would not go to wfp from trad given the choice?
and the reasons why?  ;D

geefree

Re: wfp....yay or nay?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »
No

Newannaive

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:02 pm »

geefree

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »
i am one of the people you asked.

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:22:11 pm »
nay  ;D

Newannaive

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:23:17 pm »
ok but the cons maybe?

Richard Neal

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »
Doesny it make sense to know how to do both? trad will always be easier for some windows, inside for example?
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:34 pm »
To be fair, using a squeegie is quite a skill and i miss it sometimes,

but i dont miss the dirty rags, cleaning minging frames by hand, nor do i miss the ladders,

i can clean one downstairs window quicker with a blade than a brush...

but when cleaning the whole house , flicking your brush from one upstairs window to another,

its no contest.

Newannaive

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »
Doesny it make sense to know how to do both? trad will always be easier for some windows, inside for example?
yea both makes sense really, dont have any inside work though..

Richard Neal

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:41 pm »
but if is offered (and it will be ) then you all set up
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Newannaive

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 10:36:10 pm »

but i dont miss the dirty rags, cleaning minging frames by hand, nor do i miss the ladders,

but when cleaning the whole house , flicking your brush from one upstairs window to another,

its no contest.
we're thinking of gettin wfp, maybe doing downstairs trad?

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 10:38:48 pm »

its no contest.
Total agree.

geefree

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »
Thats what i did to begin with,

then i thought whats the point in messing around with a pole , with blade and mop hung around my waste, ...and having spent all the money on a van set up, why am i only using it downstairs... and messing around ?

now i do everything wfp... apart from the odd inside house .

Newannaive

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »
i suppose we're just worried about losing custys holding us back..

geefree

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:47:53 pm »
I simply handed them all a wfp explanation letter and lost none... in fact i never have lost any because of it...

they all love it because the frames and glass are gleaming.

geefree

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:49:56 pm »
The Water Fed Pole System

Dear Customer,

Your windows will be cleaned shortly using a method that will soon become the industry standard – The Water Fed Pole System 
The system uses extendable poles and 100% pure water that has been purified through reverse osmosis & de-ionization vessels.

We are now using this technology for a number of reasons:

1). BETTER CLEANING RESULTS – The major advantage of pure water is that it absorbs large amounts of dirt from your windows. The process involves brushing your windows clean with pure water; as such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what our customers are used to. However, once dry your windows WILL be clean and smear free.

2). HEALTH & SAFETY – A new legislation from Europe now limits the use of ladders. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now The Water Fed Pole System is seen as a safer and more viable alternative for window cleaning.

3). ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Only pure water is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4). IMPROVED SERVICE – We can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Hard to reach windows above conservatory’s, Third floor windows, skylights, etc…

Please note that if your windows have been cleaned in the past using detergents or chemicals it may take 2 or 3 visits using our Water Fed Pole System to remove soapy residue, this may result in minor spotting on your windows. However please be assured that once this is cleared you will be more than happy with the results.

My aim is to continue to provide a high level of service. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or any other aspect of our services.

birdymiller

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 11:16:29 pm »
I went from trad to wfp and then reverted back to trad. Wfp results are inconsistent whereas trad results are consistent. Wfp involves extra costs whereas trad tools are cheaper and are lower maintenance. Dont get sucked into all the wfp hype on here, go and find a local wfp near you and watch him work for a couple of days. Look at the advantages and disadvantegs of wfp and see for yourslf if wfp is yay or nay. Everyones round is different, we all have different expectations and working practices. Trad suits me and my rounds whereas wfp didnt.

Newannaive

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 11:25:05 pm »
The Water Fed Pole System

Dear Customer,

Your windows will be cleaned shortly using a method that will soon become the industry standard – The Water Fed Pole System 
The system uses extendable poles and 100% pure water that has been purified through reverse osmosis & de-ionization vessels.

We are now using this technology for a number of reasons:

1). BETTER CLEANING RESULTS – The major advantage of pure water is that it absorbs large amounts of dirt from your windows. The process involves brushing your windows clean with pure water; as such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what our customers are used to. However, once dry your windows WILL be clean and smear free.

2). HEALTH & SAFETY – A new legislation from Europe now limits the use of ladders. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now The Water Fed Pole System is seen as a safer and more viable alternative for window cleaning.

3). ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Only pure water is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4). IMPROVED SERVICE – We can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Hard to reach windows above conservatory’s, Third floor windows, skylights, etc…

Please note that if your windows have been cleaned in the past using detergents or chemicals it may take 2 or 3 visits using our Water Fed Pole System to remove soapy residue, this may result in minor spotting on your windows. However please be assured that once this is cleared you will be more than happy with the results.

My aim is to continue to provide a high level of service. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or any other aspect of our services.

i likes!  ;D

Newannaive

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 11:28:06 pm »
I went from trad to wfp and then reverted back to trad. Wfp results are inconsistent whereas trad results are consistent. Wfp involves extra costs whereas trad tools are cheaper and are lower maintenance. Dont get sucked into all the wfp hype on here, go and find a local wfp near you and watch him work for a couple of days. Look at the advantages and disadvantegs of wfp and see for yourslf if wfp is yay or nay. Everyones round is different, we all have different expectations and working practices. Trad suits me and my rounds whereas wfp didnt.
is it the quality of work that suffers with wfp...just for lazy peeps?

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 08:54:40 am »
BIRDY MILLER so are you 100% trad now after using wfp for 2 years?MADNESS!!

ive been wfp for 6 weeks and no way will i be going back trad 100%!!

it is hassle and the first few weeks are frustrating but its so much safer!plus im giving a better service to customers as wfp gives a much more thorough clean IMO on most windows.

i have had some problems here and there but its great to be finally off the ladders for most of my work.

im noticing the windows coming up much better second time around in the majority of cases.

so in essence keeping regular wfp is a great maintenance tool once the windows have been cleaned by pure water a few times.

surely the ladder work is more dangerous birdy?what about skylights/2nd storey work/awkward windows?

what do you do now?miss these out? ???

there cant be too many that have gone back to trad full time!it d be nice to hear those that have though and the reasons why!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

price higher/work harder!