This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

Re: wfp....yay or nay?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 09:10:52 am »
at end of the day Trad is very hard graft,however i like doing it that way

its a bit like travelling A-B  on a pushbike versus a motorbike, the  pushbike has SOUL  but the motorbike is faster . just my opinion

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:15:23 am »
The Water Fed Pole System

Dear Customer,

Your windows will be cleaned shortly using a method that will soon become the industry standard – The Water Fed Pole System 
The system uses extendable poles and 100% pure water that has been purified through reverse osmosis & de-ionization vessels.

We are now using this technology for a number of reasons:

1). BETTER CLEANING RESULTS – The major advantage of pure water is that it absorbs large amounts of dirt from your windows. The process involves brushing your windows clean with pure water; as such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what our customers are used to. However, once dry your windows WILL be clean and smear free.

2). HEALTH & SAFETY – A new legislation from Europe now limits the use of ladders. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now The Water Fed Pole System is seen as a safer and more viable alternative for window cleaning.

3). ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Only pure water is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4). IMPROVED SERVICE – We can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Hard to reach windows above conservatory’s, Third floor windows, skylights, etc…

Please note that if your windows have been cleaned in the past using detergents or chemicals it may take 2 or 3 visits using our Water Fed Pole System to remove soapy residue, this may result in minor spotting on your windows. However please be assured that once this is cleared you will be more than happy with the results.

My aim is to continue to provide a high level of service. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or any other aspect of our services.

I like this alot Gazzasp8 is there any chance I can use some of this. I ask as its not right taking without consent.

Cheers Darren
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

geefree

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 09:57:32 am »
Yes , it was put up on here a couple of years ago, for all to use  ;)

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 10:12:41 am »
cheers mate.. ;D ;D
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

gary999

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 02:47:05 pm »
i dont like grafting

wfp for me ;D

Newannaive

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 08:24:36 pm »
i reckon the best bet is to use both  :)

cat9921

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »
i reckon the best bet is to use both  :)

It is  ::) As long as you WFP all work and not use Trad  ;D

Adders

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 08:43:10 pm »
I've taken birdy millers approach to a new level.

After 9 years trad and 5 years wfp I've decided to do the tops trad and the bottoms wfp. This will:-

1. Save my precious SLX22 from further wear as I will no longer extend it and lower it.
2. Help me lose weight as I lift my 14 stones up and down ladders all day.
3. Let me wee against the custies wall and I can wash the evidence away more easily with wfp.
4. I can carry 300L of water instead of 400L so saving on wear and tear and diesel.
5. Convince my GP that I am indeed mad; and thus get referred more easily to the counselling I need.
It's a game of three halves!

birdymiller

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 03:12:54 pm »
nice one gold your nearly there. I dont understand why continue just downstairs with wfp though, if you are that you have put that much money into wfp you'd better use it somewhere or you will feel foolish. Then dont worry just come out and say that wfp is a waste of time and money and you will feel better. I know i did!

daz yes i have sold all wfp related tackle and glad to be rid. Ladder work has dangers yes but life is dangerous, sure with wfp you are not going to fall of a ladder but it has dangers and risks. It is how we limit the risks. I have a three tier ladder so 2nd storey not an issue and my son foots laddder on awkward windows. So only windows that get missed are ones above cons, but not done these since i started 12 years ago.

cat9921

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 03:53:49 pm »
Birdymiller what medication are you on as its affecting your thinking ability  ;D

if you are that you have put that much money into wfp you'd better use it somewhere or you will feel foolish.

Tell that to all the window cleaners that are earning more money now thanks to this brilliant invention  :D

At the end of the day you have tried it and it did not work for you and thats fair enough, But I still think there must be jobs where the wash system would be perfect on.... You must love doing leaded windows the old way and what about uneven ground  ::) and you must like working on roofs and you must have to miss them out when its too wet or icy

Me thinks you just needed more time with it  ::)

birdymiller

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »
cat9921 sure trad can be awkward and unsafe at times but give me that as opposed to walking away from a custy knowing that their windows are covered in runs and their cills are going grey or not knowing at all what they will come up like. Expensive equipment, technical problems, increased costs and wasting gallons of water. I feel alot better knowing that i can knock 50p off for not doing a window than having all the wfp hastle. Each to their own mate ;)

Newannaive

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 08:08:32 pm »
cat9921 sure trad can be awkward and unsafe at times but give me that as opposed to walking away from a custy knowing that their windows are covered in runs and their cills are going grey or not knowing at all what they will come up like. Expensive equipment, technical problems, increased costs and wasting gallons of water. I feel alot better knowing that i can knock 50p off for not doing a window than having all the wfp hastle. Each to their own mate ;)
do they leave runs? thought they dried run and spotless  ??? might not bother then..

mikecam

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 08:34:11 pm »
I've taken birdy millers approach to a new level.

After 9 years trad and 5 years wfp I've decided to do the tops trad and the bottoms wfp. This will:-

1. Save my precious SLX22 from further wear as I will no longer extend it and lower it.
2. Help me lose weight as I lift my 14 stones up and down ladders all day.
3. Let me wee against the custies wall and I can wash the evidence away more easily with wfp.
4. I can carry 300L of water instead of 400L so saving on wear and tear and diesel.
5. Convince my GP that I am indeed mad; and thus get referred more easily to the counselling I need.

We do the same mate. Also it stops all the dripping from the upstairs windows going onto the ground floor windows, that way two men can work on a house simultaneously. I've also found i can foot the ladder for my mate above and WFP the bottom windows at the same time so its sort of a safety aid too.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 09:03:17 pm »
>Mikecam  ;D ;D ;D

When I used to take the train to school the train broke down one day and a freight train stopped at the station and the driver said to me and my schoolmates "jump in and I'll take you to your stop" and so we climbed up into the cab of this massive diesel loco.

Being a train nerd I asked him about driving trains and he told me he had worked on the railways for decades as a fireman then driver and that he changed over from steam to diesel in the 1960's.

I said it was a shame that Steam disappeared so quickly and that it looked so good and that it had "soul" and took skill etc etc.

He said the rough equivalent of:-

"Yeah, in January 1968 I was struggling on the draughty footplate of a "Black Five" chucking cwts of coal into the firebox, breathing in coal dust and fumes when we went through tunnels and working up a sweat while my face burned from the heat and my back froze from the cold.

In January of 1969 I was sat in the nice warm cab of a Class 47 Diesel with a nice view, heater on full blast holding a handle and pressing a few buttons and drinking tea. And we got the journey done with a heavier load in less time"

He could have added that some poor geezer would have to go in at 4 am to get steam up so that the engine could be moved three hours later but didn't.

I got the point.

Now when I go to a preserved railway I still love steam engines and the guys who run them get great pleasure out of it - but running a "real railway" you want diesel or electric.

And running a "real window cleaning business" you need wfp.
It's a game of three halves!

mikecam

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 09:58:29 pm »
Good analogy Gold, the shift from Traditional window cleaning to Wfp system’s window cleaning is a monumental change. The changes now taking place within wfp will be incremental, some changes will still be reasonably big, but most will be a refinement of the equipment that’s already available.

New people coming into the trade will start leaps and bound ahead of some established window cleaners, keeping up to date is more important than most realise over the next few years otherwise you will be behind in everyway.   

Couldn't agree more Ewan. I know some guys scoff at such but people are prepared to pay for and expect a complete wash down of all their plastics/frames etc. as opposed to just the glass cleaned. Also this filters down (pardon the pun) to the equiptment manufacturers provide for the end user. I can't be the only one who nearly fell off his chair when he seen this.....'monster system'[/quote] for 10K from Brodex, which looks like a 1k twin RO and six IBC set up to me  ;D  MInd you it was 'proffesionally installed'. And so i'm goin' from being an extel kind of guy and venturing forth too!! I've ordered a CLX (i'm on a budget!) from Gardiners, should have it any day now. I'm also seriously considering the signal 11m fishing pole as a viable alternative for a decent 30 foot reach pole at a sub £100 price tag. Customers demand more, i just use the equiptment and i hope the manufacturers can keep up, other wise we'll all have to DIY whilst we wait for them !!

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »
SURELY NOT

mikecam

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »
SURELY NOT
You might have to qualify that Ant?

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:04 pm »
>Mikecam  ;D ;D ;D

When I used to take the train to school the train broke down one day and a freight train stopped at the station and the driver said to me and my schoolmates "jump in and I'll take you to your stop" and so we climbed up into the cab of this massive diesel loco.

Being a train nerd I asked him about driving trains and he told me he had worked on the railways for decades as a fireman then driver and that he changed over from steam to diesel in the 1960's.

I said it was a shame that Steam disappeared so quickly and that it looked so good and that it had "soul" and took skill etc etc.

He said the rough equivalent of:-

"Yeah, in January 1968 I was struggling on the draughty footplate of a "Black Five" chucking cwts of coal into the firebox, breathing in coal dust and fumes when we went through tunnels and working up a sweat while my face burned from the heat and my back froze from the cold.

In January of 1969 I was sat in the nice warm cab of a Class 47 Diesel with a nice view, heater on full blast holding a handle and pressing a few buttons and drinking tea. And we got the journey done with a heavier load in less time"

He could have added that some poor geezer would have to go in at 4 am to get steam up so that the engine could be moved three hours later but didn't.

I got the point.

Now when I go to a preserved railway I still love steam engines and the guys who run them get great pleasure out of it - but running a "real railway" you want diesel or electric.

And running a "real window cleaning business" you need wfp.
Your best recent post, Spitfire Boy.

cat9921

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
do they leave runs? thought they dried run and spotless  ??? might not bother then..

Newannaive think about it logically, If Every window left runs like birdymiller said then No window cleaner would use it, You can ask dazmond a trad window cleaner that has just gone over to the system then he can say where it works or not  ::) But birdymiller is a good man not a liar so why would he say that if it works  ::) .. Well some windows are harder to clean with the system and can leave spots ..... But this is an easy way to get round all this... Just check the work  :D If the window does not take to it then use trad ......... If the wash system works on it then all fine and good

I would strongly recommend that you see for yourself that way you will know for sure

Adders

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 11:01:36 pm »
i must admit im loving wfp most days!virtually no ladders/safer/not as tiring and im managing to clean awkward windows that i didnt clean before so im already earning more money!

itll take a while for me to be making more overall as ive got to factor in ongoing higher overheads but with me being able to take on better paying jobs this shouldnt take long!hopefully ill be earning more to cover overheads AND extra profit on top in the not to distant future! ;) ;D ;D

as for runs and spots!yes ive had a few but its to be expected on first cleans and being inexperienced!im learning fast though and most are coming up great!!im only half way round second cleans.ive also still got a few first cleans still yet to do(2 monthlies)so i reckon in a few months time ill be flying round and most will be speed maintenance cleans!!so ill get round on time and/or be able to take on more work!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!