This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: wfp....yay or nay?
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 11:46:27 pm »
Good analogy Gold, the shift from Traditional window cleaning to Wfp system’s window cleaning is a monumental change. The changes now taking place within wfp will be incremental, some changes will still be reasonably big, but most will be a refinement of the equipment that’s already available.

New people coming into the trade will start leaps and bound ahead of some established window cleaners, keeping up to date is more important than most realise over the next few years otherwise you will be behind in everyway.   

Couldn't agree more Ewan. I know some guys scoff at such but people are prepared to pay for and expect a complete wash down of all their plastics/frames etc. as opposed to just the glass cleaned. Also this filters down (pardon the pun) to the equiptment manufacturers provide for the end user. I can't be the only one who nearly fell off his chair when he seen this.....'monster system'
for 10K from Brodex, which looks like a 1k twin RO and six IBC set up to me  ;D  MInd you it was 'proffesionally installed'. And so i'm goin' from being an extel kind of guy and venturing forth too!! I've ordered a CLX (i'm on a budget!) from Gardiners, should have it any day now. I'm also seriously considering the signal 11m fishing pole as a viable alternative for a decent 30 foot reach pole at a sub £100 price tag. Customers demand more, i just use the equiptment and i hope the manufacturers can keep up, other wise we'll all have to DIY whilst we wait for them !!

That would explain the proliferation of some DIY, if the manufacturers haven’t gotten round to providing what’s needed by the window cleaner. DIY for the sake of saving a few pounds just means you cant earn enough money from window cleaning.

As for the £10K water purification system, it may have only cost half that amount for parts and labour, but how much should a firm earn from needing 6,000 litres of water a day! Time should always be valuable to you whether you’re a sole trader or a company of many.If people don’t understand that, stop doing DIY and get you’re thinking right first.

[/quote]I speak about this all the time Ewan, some just cant see it.. time = money= simples  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Newannaive

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 12:15:01 am »
do they leave runs? thought they dried run and spotless  ??? might not bother then..

Newannaive think about it logically, If Every window left runs like birdymiller said then No window cleaner would use it, You can ask dazmond a trad window cleaner that has just gone over to the system then he can say where it works or not  ::) But birdymiller is a good man not a liar so why would he say that if it works  ::) .. Well some windows are harder to clean with the system and can leave spots ..... But this is an easy way to get round all this... Just check the work  :D If the window does not take to it then use trad ......... If the wash system works on it then all fine and good

I would strongly recommend that you see for yourself that way you will know for sure

Adders
we'll prob just start with a small one and not dive in with a 10k van fully rigged out just incase, like you say, use trad and wfp together  8)

mikecam

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »
Time should always be valuable to you whether you’re a sole trader or a company of many.

If people don’t understand that, stop doing DIY and get you’re thinking right first.

How long did it take you to go back and delete all your old posts LOL !!!!