Carpet Dawg

Re: Banned!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 07:36:28 pm »
Not point in talking about the what if's and "oh you should of had a hands free thingy stuck to your ear young man oh oh oh...." :-X Its done now.

Maybe it was the time of the month for that copper! Seems very harsh! You'd think they'd cut you some slake as your on your last legs points wise and just issue you with a warning?!  Specialy when you need the van for work and could potentialy make someone join the dole queue if they dont have a license :-\

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »
i agree, no point on getting all worked up about it now, its done and they aint gonna give you your license back for 6 months anyway so get things in order for your biz etc......its a pain......i know what you mean though, i used to look up my messages etc when i was stopped at lights etc and have a fly look around for the police, however in my wisdom i decided not to bother looking up texts until i have stopped and got out of the car/van......i bought a couple of bluetooth mirrors last month and i havent looked back (well i have, coz i was looking through the mirror 8)) they fit onto your existing mirror and when someone phones the number or name appears on the mirror and you can choose to answer or reject (button on mirror) if you answer then you can listen through your car speakers as its fm enabled....i like them...bit gimmicky but they keep me safe and legal.......maybe look into it when you get your license back. ;)  get it...look into it...mirror. 8)

wynne jones

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 07:49:30 pm »
The police are highly trained to drive quickly whilst on the radio and also eating kebabs.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:24 pm »
I once seen a police horse make a large pile on a public road.

No bags were used or even a flinch from the offender.

Thats a £50 fine imo, but a citizens arrest would only result in tyre kicking so i let it go.

2 tier system me thinks.

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

Helen

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »
What did we all do before mobile phones came along?
We stopped, got out of the vehicle and stood in a red box to make a call. :)
No-one's life was put at risk and fewer people ended up with points/fines etc against them.
I sympathise Jason as you were only holding the phone, but seriously I would get hold of whoever is in charge of the court room, quote for the carpet clean and get a real good price for it.... will make you feel better and could fund your driver. ;D

Paul Heath

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 08:08:22 pm »
a handheld device.........does not say a phone....radio is a hand held device !!

Using a 2 way radio whilst driving is not an offence.
That's what police do.

John

JandS

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »
Using a 2 way hand held radio is not an offence.
Horses are the only animals licensed to sh*t in the street.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 08:24:22 pm »
a handheld device.........does not say a phone....radio is a hand held device !!

There is a 2 tier legal system in this country.
Not so long ago Jimmy Carr got stopped for 'use' of mobile phone. He paid for a well known expensive Barrister who got him off the offence in court because he argued that Carr wasn't using the phone for the reason of making a call, but was actually using it as a dictaphone for the purpose of recording some material for his shows. Apparently that is not an offence???
So how does that work in relation to Jason just holding his phone in his hand? 

elliott cleaning

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 08:27:36 pm »
Yes, it's a tough call Jason - and I feel for you. Good to see that you have friends who are in the position to cart you around.    

My question:- why did you already have 9 points???? - for the same offence? ;) ;)

Are we really so dependant on answering our calls when we are driving or checking on messages whilst in our trucks?

All my clients leave messages or voice mail if I don't answer.   If they can't string a message together - do I really need that sort of client??

Len Gribble

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 08:30:11 pm »
If my granddad were alive he be out there shoving it up for the roses  ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

elliott cleaning

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:23 pm »
Is that horsesh*t, Len - or have I misunderstood your posts as usual ;)

Paul Heath

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:30 pm »
The use of 2-way radio equipment (unless the device can also be used as a phone) when driving is not included in the new offence but remember there is still a risk of distraction and prosecution under other powers.

All there radios can be used as a phone !

jasonl

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »
Thanks for a ll the suggestions and best wishes , I have been overwhelmed . it was quite easy to get banned .

3 points Jan 08 for 48 in a 40 , Mike will know the road , at end of M62  going into Hull , goes from a 70 to a 40 .

6 points , 37 in a 30 in Range rover sport (no longer have it) I did not send the form back on time admitting the offence , which in itself was an offence hence the 6 points.

3points today , and there you go , no driving for 6 months! .

I will use that idea mike about leaflets with the driver.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »
You can get nicked for holding anything (an apple for example) in your hand whilst in control of a vehicle

Best stop eating my lunch between jobs then
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:00 pm »
Too right we forget dont we when were driving we caint eat at the wheel even

wynne jones

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:52 pm »
The coppers argue you can't concentrate on the road if you are on the phone. So are they going to ban people talking to passengers or listening to Chris Moyles on the radio? (actually he should be banned fat twat)

ady p

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 09:35:21 pm »
you deserve it jason,nearly run off the road with a tosser on a phone,family in the back so crying on here about it ,little bit sad,you should be banned for life,tool.

gwrightson

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:30 pm »
Thanks for a ll the suggestions and best wishes , I have been overwhelmed . it was quite easy to get banned .

3 points Jan 08 for 48 in a 40 , Mike will know the road , at end of M62 going into Hull , goes from a 70 to a 40 .

6 points , 37 in a 30 in Range rover sport (no longer have it) I did not send the form back on time admitting the offence , which in itself was an offence hence the 6 points.

3points today , and there you go , no driving for 6 months! .

I will use that idea mike about leaflets with the driver.

cant think were the linit drops from 70 to 40 at end of m62  , it goes onto duel carridgway  then only 40 once in middle of hull , plenty of warning signs  way before the 40. 

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »
I changes to 40 just before flyover , I was not saying I was right , I was saying what happened,  banned for life , wow  , Daily mail readers on here too!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »
you deserve it jason,nearly run off the road with a tosser on a phone,family in the back so crying on here about it ,little bit sad,you should be banned for life,tool.

Taliban Taliban