Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: Banned!!
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »
 ;D And use your mobile ;D

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

murky

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2010, 09:06:20 am »
At least you havent lost your sense of humour Jason, (sorry cant do smileys).  I had a hands free in my old van but couldnt be bothered to change it over so I have a cable and ear piece.

Not now, I'm off out to buy  a blue tooth head thing. I had one before but couldnt get my head round (sorry) the fact you tune it in so got the cable.

We have travellers near us, and even they have bluetooth earpieces now.
I wouldnt like to be the sales assistant trying to tell them how to work it.

Going back to the original post on this. We wouldnt think of getting into a car or van without putting on the seatbelt so why do we continuously go down the road with a phone stuck to our ears hoping we dont get caught.

And by 'we' I mean the public, little Tracy talking with her mates or Pete the plumber ringing the next customer to say he's on the way, we have all done it in the past.

John Kelly's post reminded me of something I did years ago while talking on hands free, I had to get across a wide dual carriageway so sat waiting to cross the traffic and had the van in gear, saw a gap and pulled away only to find I was in 3rd,          not 1st!.

I hadnt time to drop it back into 1st, so I lurched, popped and banged my way across, only just made it, loads of flashing lights, hooters, etc etc scared the cr@p out of me. So its easy to do.

Off to the Orange shop now.

Murky

darren Jones

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2010, 11:40:51 pm »
Its a fair cop if you didnt learn anything from the previous 9 points you had then you deserve the ban. Nothing personal but there's plenty of people who lose there lives to dangerous and inconsiderate drivers every year and using your phone or handling your phone (not in proper control of your vehicle) whilst driving is inconsiderate and poses a risk to yourself and more importantly other road users.

You've been banned as a result of totting up points not just for using your phone which implies over a 3 year period you have committed several traffic offences.

In six months time you will have your licence back and no points

andrew66

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2010, 11:35:07 am »
my Daughter was in a car crash 2 years ago, she still suffers now despite intensive physio , why was she in the crash in the first place, yep you guessed the idiot in the other car was checking a text, if your banned you deserve, it dont cry just dont do it again, would you have come on here and cried if you had killed someone and would every one have said thats tough luck i think not, if i come across as harsh i mean too try seeing your daughter in pain cos someone thought it was ok to use a mobile and drive

derek west

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 11:45:53 am »
my Daughter was in a car crash 2 years ago, she still suffers now despite intensive physio , why was she in the crash in the first place, yep you guessed the idiot in the other car was checking a text, if your banned you deserve, it dont cry just dont do it again, would you have come on here and cried if you had killed someone and would every one have said thats tough luck i think not, if i come across as harsh i mean too try seeing your daughter in pain cos someone thought it was ok to use a mobile and drive

never had a single point on your liscence then andrew? well done mate, your a credit to society.

Joe H

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 12:14:15 pm »
no points on your licence is not a rarity Derek, I know loads with no points. Sadly I am not one of them - doing 37 in a 30 area, downhill (with a tail wind  ;D).
My fault, knew the camera was there - its static, I am the one that was moving. Taught a lesson.

andrew66

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 12:15:35 pm »
no never had single point or been pulled over or fined, carpet cleaners are just as capable of killing someone as anyone else. i always figure that if u do the crime u do the time. just dont bleat about it as if you are some kind of martyr who has been wronged not true, due to their own fault after breaking a well established and published law they got burned just wait till a member of your family is hurt due to some idiot texting then come on here and be patronising

Joe H

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »
Andrew, you probably not alluding to Geoff but just in case I want to point out I dont think he is bleating or looking for sympathy - he originally stated
"Be careful guys about using , or in my case HOLDING a mobile phone while driving"

bit of a reminder to us all I think, thats how I took it anyway.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 12:29:10 pm »
i think we are not seeing the bigger picture with jasons banning, putting aside the moral issues, the real topic of discussion should be...

what would you all do if next week you lost your licence?

for an example if you were diagnosed with certain types of epilepsy or had a inoperable blood clot on the brain you would have your licence taken away for medical reasons....how would you manage?

I'm awaiting an operation which will put me out of action for 6 weeks and unable to drive for upto 6 months and for the last 3 months I've been planning how i will manage.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »
no never had single point or been pulled over or fined, carpet cleaners are just as capable of killing someone as anyone else. i always figure that if u do the crime u do the time. just dont bleat about it as if you are some kind of martyr who has been wronged not true, due to their own fault after breaking a well established and published law they got burned just wait till a member of your family is hurt due to some idiot texting then come on here and be patronising

so are you the perfect driver who never goes over the speed limit, never held something in your hand while driving, never checked out a womens backside while driving past. never tuned your radio in while on the move. or have you just not been caught, like joe says, he didn't spot the camera, maybe next time he won't spot the pedestrian,

luckily for jason no one got hurt from his actions, and a ban might be a kick up the ass for him as he obviously needs it due to the points he's got.

my point is we've all done silly things that we think are harmless until it has an impact on our lives. the fact of the matter is, we're all guilty of something that (wrong place wrong time) could of had  a different outcome.

ps.... i have no points on my liscence, does that make me the perfect driver?. i consider myself very fortunate.

pps, i'm not condoning what jason did, but i'd be a hypocrit if i judged him

jasonl

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:38 pm »

Sorry about your daughter , I dont remember bleating about it at all, I was merely trying to remind people how easy it is to lose your licence , even though it has been 4 days it has been hard already , just so inconvenient for family members .

I have been overwhelmed with offers of help from forum members, who have shown genuine care about the situation in a non judgmental manner.

Does a cancer sufferer as a result of smoking deserve hospital care ? An alcoholic medical care ?

I am not asking for sympathy just helping others to see it can happen so easily, I guess that is what the criminal justice seeks to do ,  send out signals that it is socially unacceptable and very inconvenient to hold a phone whilst driving , hundreds of people will have read this thread , so they have been successful in my case.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 02:00:37 pm »
I think it's more three strikes and you're out in your case, having already stacked up 9 points. It's like saying he had 2 pints and dropped dead, although the 20 he had before that didn't help.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

robert meldrum

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2010, 02:34:46 pm »
Jason would have known what to expect when posting on here, but went ahead, not for sympathy, but to remind everyone about the repercussions if you are caught breaking the law.

He's done many of you a massive favour by stimulating you grey matter to THINK not only about your bad habits but, as Mike H says " what if it happened to YOU "

cannon

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2010, 04:32:28 pm »
Jason would have known what to expect when posting on here, but went ahead, not for sympathy, but to remind everyone about the repercussions if you are caught breaking the law.

He's done many of you a massive favour by stimulating you grey matter to THINK not only about your bad habits but, as Mike H says " what if it happened to YOU "

I agree with you there Robert im looking at gettin one of those sun visor bluetooth gadgets because of this thread.

Does anyone know if there any good?

I dont fancy one of those earpiece things, I look enough of a t*t as it is  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2010, 04:48:46 pm »
This is Jason's Mrs  ;) saw this post and have been following the thread...........all the points made have been very interesting to read.  As a registered nurse I am only too aware of the dangers of using mobiles whilst driving in any way.  I have also learnt not to cast judgement on anyone with my job,,,,,,,,,,I see too much.

Have a question for you.  How many of you have wives or partners that would be willing to drive you round from job to job if you lost your license for six months?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2010, 04:57:43 pm »
i have, my gorgeous beautiful wife would drive me around, all though i'd have to start a tad later to accomodate the kids to school in the morning.

jasonl

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2010, 07:48:53 pm »
i have, my gorgeous beautiful wife would drive me around, all though i'd have to start a tad later to accomodate the kids to school in the morning.

Same here  Derek  :)
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

richy27

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »
I have been reading this thread and am sorry for you inconvience this has caused you jason . although you knew you had the points. I am not going to be sympthetic because i can see thats not what your after. I think its acredit to your honest nature you come on here and tell us because i just thought it was a fine not points i now know better.

but i at the age of 21 was parked in a lay by on the side of the road and was hit head on by an 18 yr old doing 95 i had to be cut out he car but because the accident was on a remote stetch of road i was not discovered for over an hour and a half. i was having a forced snooze at the time so didnt kow much about it. the guy ho hit me left the scene on foot obviously and washe had a caught 2 weeks later  a big drug problem. Now i spent 4 months in hospital and many months in and out due to my extensive injurys and i am very lucky to be alive .

now this chap because it could not be proved he was high at the time of the accident although he had previous for dealing and pocession put his running away down to shock and he got a £120 fine and lost his license fo 18 months .

i think some of the comments are a bit harsh on jason i for one have used my phone on the go as i am sure 90% of peops have at some point jason was just unfortunate he had the points already and in hein site prob wishes he had been more carefull

andrew66

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2010, 09:26:39 pm »
If i sound harsh please read the following if i sound judgmental again please read
RoSPA has collected reports of 20 fatal road accidents where the use of a mobile phone by a driver (and in one
case a pedestrian) was reported to have been a factor.
1988 (actual date unconfirmed) Reported: Oct 20, 1988 Birmingham Evening Mail ;Driver leaned across to answer his mobile phone and swerved into the path of another car whose driver died instantly Fined £100 after admitting driving without due care and attention

September 1998 Reported: April 28, 1999 – Daily Mail; . .
May 1, 1997 – Western Daily Press
 Driver using his mobile when he collided with and killed a child pedestrian
 Fined £250 and ordered to pay £35 . costs after admitting careless drivingLiverpool Daily Post

Reported :May 21, 1997 – Telegraph  October 1996 Driver was killed when he turned right while using a mobile phone, and was hit by another car.
Believed to be using the phone for work purposes .Verdict = accidental death

see how sympathetic the relatives of those people would be

derek west

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2010, 10:12:17 pm »
andrew
your obviously missing the point i am trying to make and understandably getting frustrated so i'll offer my deepest sympathy for any loss you have had and i'll leave it at that.