jasonl

Re: C.L.E.A.N Entrance Examination
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2010, 03:54:45 pm »
They probably were trained , this not not mean that they  will practice what they were taught.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Andy Foster

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »
Being a member of an organisation or association does not make you a professional, it makes you a member of an organisation or association.

Being a professional is more about attitude than capability.  Passing exams and joining an association demonstrates a part of the person's attitude and their ability to take in and retain information.

I understand that the CLEAN examination is going to incorporate many aspects of running a successful carpet cleaning business which in my opinion will give more weight to the wearing of the CLEAN 'badge' than other associations and should give the customer a greater degree of comfort when employing that company.

However, it still relies on the customer having heard of the association and it still doesn't mean that the person is a professional.  Cleaning carpets for a living does not make you a professional carpet cleaner.  Cleaning carpets in the most approriate manner for the carpet involved, with the customer's interests at heart, to the best of your ability and to the satisfaction of the customer makes you a professional carpet cleaner.

Whilst I will not be joining CLEAN at this time, I firmly believe that they intend to educate the customers so that they understand the level of service they should get from a professional and that this will result in more professional carpet cleaners and fewer 'cowboy' carpet cleaners being in business.

I wish them good luck in this venture.

expro

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2010, 07:57:10 pm »
Being a member of an organisation or association does not make you a professional, it makes you a member of an organisation or association.

Being a professional is more about attitude than capability.  Passing exams and joining an association demonstrates a part of the person's attitude and their ability to take in and retain information.

I understand that the CLEAN examination is going to incorporate many aspects of running a successful carpet cleaning business which in my opinion will give more weight to the wearing of the CLEAN 'badge' than other associations and should give the customer a greater degree of comfort when employing that company.

However, it still relies on the customer having heard of the association and it still doesn't mean that the person is a professional.  Cleaning carpets for a living does not make you a professional carpet cleaner.  Cleaning carpets in the most approriate manner for the carpet involved, with the customer's interests at heart, to the best of your ability and to the satisfaction of the customer makes you a professional carpet cleaner.

Whilst I will not be joining CLEAN at this time, I firmly believe that they intend to educate the customers so that they understand the level of service they should get from a professional and that this will result in more professional carpet cleaners and fewer 'cowboy' carpet cleaners being in business.

I wish them good luck in this venture.

VERY WELL PUT ANDY,

Expro

Expro

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »
[

Well said,
however each runs their business differently to each other, what works for one doesnt work for another.

Regards

Daryl