Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: C.L.E.A.N Entrance Examination
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2010, 10:02:11 pm »
Colin, that shot was before the operation ;D ;D

Jason
you would pass the NCCA exam as there is training before, thats what some people dont like, me included. Because someone can come from any background, do the course, sit the exam and then call themselves "professional carpet cleaners" and have never put their hands on any kind of equipment.

Daryl

Colin Day

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »
Good call Daryll!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2010, 03:11:06 am »

Jason
you would pass the NCCA exam as there is training before, thats what some people dont like, me included. Because someone can come from any background, do the course, sit the exam and then call themselves "professional carpet cleaners" and have never put their hands on any kind of equipment.

Daryl

When did the NCCA change the format? I took 3 courses in 1993 on separate occasions, Upholstery cleaning, Carpet cleaning & stain treatment. Each of those was then followed up with an in depth question paper which I took away. These had to be answered within a certain time as a postal exam with at least a paragraph answer to each question. My returned answers were like a bloody phone directory, and lest we forget no internet then ;D I never questioned their training then, 3 passes meant you would be invited to join with proof of insurance, Derek Bolton and Paul Pierce hosted the courses. Second to none. I was a member in 1993/94 but beyond that could not see a benefit. I can understand the scepticism if it has changed so much, it was hard work and in depth.

Simon

Joe H

« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2010, 07:12:28 am »
[quote author=cleaningmaster link=topic=94052.msg840060#msg840060 date=127024213
Jason
Daryl

Copied from the new NCCA website (but its aim has stayed the same)

The principal objective of the NCCA is the establishment and maintenance of minimum standards within the carpet and upholstery cleaning industry,

Note it refers to MINIMUM standards........     so NCCA does not claim when you take its course and pass the exam you become a "professional".   

If individuals are claiming they are professionals simple because they passed the NCCA exam then they are claiming something in their imagination and stretching the truth to suit there own marketing aims.

but that is nothing new, I see websites etc that claim "your carpets will be cleaned using the most powerful machine on the market" and then you see a photo of an old 2 vac machine.  Thats stretching the truth for marketing purposes but whose fault is it - the carpet cleaner or the machine manufacturer?  Clearly the machine manufacturer has no control of what a carpet cleaner may say.
Like wise if a carpet cleaner wants to claim they are a "professional" simply because they took a 2 day course and passed an exam has nothing to do with the organisation conducting the exam.

Now, if CLEAN are not doing any training before an exam then they can only be targeting experience carpet cleaners. Thats fine as their aim, in part, is to educate the public in awareness of what a high quality carpet clean can do for their quality of life.
However,there is still going to be a need to provide training to provide a minimum standard, and that is one reason why I would have preferred the energies of CLEAN to join with the experience and infrastructure of NCCA - buy hey, I am not involved with the decision making of the CLEAN nor the NCCA.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:12 am »
NCCA certification proves you have attended training and passed their entrance examination. This gratifies the customer that you are of a certain attitude, which can only benefit you and your business, and places you in a better position than that of the self taught, unqualified operator.
Those who claim to be qualified by experience alone, miss the point that, 20 years of so called experience could actually be 20 years of making the same mistakes.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

expro

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2010, 11:50:51 am »
Dave you are 100% right.

Expro
Expro

mark shannon

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2010, 12:03:29 pm »
I took the NCCA course and exam after years CC and learned allot. Exam too easy though.

The Woolsafe exam that you take away is suburb it forces you to thoroughly   read the textbook in order to answer the very in depth questions. Took me a few hours to complete.

mark

JandS

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »
Poole??
That's a long way from Sheffield, hope you got a good price.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Glynn

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2010, 02:29:13 pm »
I was a member of the ncca years ago after doing the course,I found it of little or no use to either myself or indeed the customers.
Regards
Glynn

Joe H

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2010, 04:11:08 pm »
I'm the complete opposite to you Glyn

I promote NCCA to my benefit, extoling the benefits to the customer.

It works - just last week a lady contacted me, I sold myself including the NCCA part of (I am just an ordainary member) and she said I am not going to bother ringing around I'll just book you. Job getting done this coming week. I get the benefit of getting an income, custy gets the benefit of a top notch service. I win, she wins

derek west

« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2010, 04:36:38 pm »
i do the same as joe only with T.A.C.C.A. customers happy, i'm happy, everybody happy ;D

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »
i do the same as joe only with T.A.C.C.A.

Who?

derek west

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2010, 05:14:08 pm »
"exactly" neil.

and until a customer has a clue then we could easily say anyone.

me to my customer..........

"i may i just add mrs smith  i am a member of the " Complete British Ombudsmen Leadership Legislation Of Cleaners in Knutsford"

heres my badge

complete
B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S. ;D

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »
Derek,

Regardless of the subject, how intense the 'discussion' you always seem to make such a valid point and make me bust my belt laughing.

Made my day that one ;D

Cheers

Simon

B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S. Indeed!

clinton

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2010, 05:56:09 pm »
Very true ;D

Like derek is doing just keep woking hard and you will get good returns either way join a set up or just go it alone without one and it wont stop you getting on  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2010, 06:39:01 pm »
Poole??
That's a long way from Sheffield, hope you got a good price.

John

I live in Bournemouth half the time
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

jasonl

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2010, 06:46:11 pm »
NCCA certification proves you have attended training and passed their entrance examination. This gratifies the customer that you are of a certain attitude, which can only benefit you and your business, and places you in a better position than that of the self taught, unqualified operator.
Those who claim to be qualified by experience alone, miss the point that, 20 years of so called experience could actually be 20 years of making the same mistakes.
Dave.

Yes it is ok having 20 years experience so long at in year 20 you are not doing things the same way as year 1.

In 2001 when I imported/built the first flood drying trailer in the UK   so many so called experts said the heat was bad to dry buildings, is was the wrong way, it will never take off et etc , Now every major company uses them , they are considered the only way to dry big water damage situations, or to dry quickly. 

What I am saying is there are 100 right ways to clean a carpet , and a thousand wrong ones, things are easily over complicated by some.  I would say preventing damage ,health and safety and customer relations are needed as part of any exam.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »
Jason ,
regarding that chap in the hotel, saying that he wont use anyone with a Truckmount, it wasn't the Truckmount that shrunk the carpet it was the numpty on the end of the wand. I think that is what a lot of people on here are on about..... training or lack of

Regards

Daryl

jasonl

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2010, 07:20:30 pm »
He has owned the hotel for 13 years and he named 4 of the companies wit a TM ,, I will tell you who they are when I see you ,,  2 of them post on here.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2010, 02:29:47 pm »
Then they need training ;)

A TM gives the deepest clean, period, but you cant use it on all carpets.

Daryl