Call me if interested.

Pete
07816 276290

And please, no phishing calls, your so obvious but a waste of my time

gary hall

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »
Hi Peter

I have left a message on your mobile - I  am based in Heathrow - does that help any !!!

Thanks

Gary

07932 680023

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:40:05 pm »
Pete i will text you later with update on helpers but I and Jon Tabbener are ok.If you have the ninja to let me use that would be great.Regards Alan(swindon)

Bob Allen

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »
How far South we talking?
Bob Allen

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:30:56 pm »
Hi Bob

Can you call me pls 07816 276290

Am avail to spk now

Pete

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:23:37 pm »
23 x 2 man teams but still need more.

CLEAN is doing quite well really 8)

Pete

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:42 pm »
Well something's certainly working !!!!

suffolkclean

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:30:32 am »
Where in the south? ???

Neil Grainger

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:04:24 am »
Pete

Del contatced me Yesterday but I cant do it on Monday because of other work commitments, but am very interested in the future. Only 45 mins up the road for me.

Cheers

Neil

JandS

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 09:59:13 am »
Christ, what are they cleaning???

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

markpowell

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 10:41:57 am »
At a guess John, Hotel or cruise ship / ferry, bearing in mind it looks like it needs a quick turn around and its near the south coast, might be wrong tho.
Mark

carpetdoctor

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »
:) I'm based down in brighton. If that helps.

you can contact me on 07878 984 295

Anthony

Phillip Mold

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:48:06 pm »
How far south? I'm near Warwick (07919 032303)
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Wayne Dean

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:31 pm »
Hi Pete,

I have Called, text and left you a voice mail but still haven't heard anything?

Wayne

elliott cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:15:48 pm »
23 X 2 man teams & still not enough :o     I think someone needs to get in touch with the likes of Simon Gerrard and ask him how to clean acres of carpet & thousands of items of upholstery in a very limited timeframe with a hell of a smaller crew than that

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:29 pm »
Or it could just be that there is limited access if any for TMs Frans  ;)

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 11:24:48 pm »
I shall call you at a more civilized hour tomorrow.

Mike

07771 565866

Near Gravesend, Kent
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

elliott cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 11:26:03 pm »
Ow, that's a touchy reply Pete ;)   Anyone not au fait would think that t/m can do work in a quarter of the time :)

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:51 am »
Would agree alot quicker Frans but perhaps not in 1/4 of the time (assumimng you are doing it properly and not just splashing & dashing). Not meant to be touchy Frans just getting a little wearly of being completely pc all the time. Being quite a passionate person has it's drawbacks.

Job is resourced now. Thanks to everyone who called and for their support. There is more work coming so keep an eye out.

Pete

Bob Allen

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:10 pm »
Come on Pete were all dying to know what it is your cleaning?
Bob Allen

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 06:59:46 am »
Sorry Bob, no can do

Pete

richie

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
Bob.....Pay £235 & you will find the answer to your question  ;D  Why do i get the feeling this CLEAN will end up as a US & THEM thing...

Just because someone can clean vast amounts of carpets and or upholstery with a smaller team in a shorter period of time does not mean that your doing a splash n dash.  Simon has many years experience of cleaning vast areas in very short if not almost impossible times.

Richie.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:02 am »
Richie

I really can't understand where the Simon Gerrard thing comes from so please don't stir things up. I don't doubt for a second that Simon knows what he's doing and comments like that are what turn discussions into unnecessay arguments.

As for the us and them, yes, there will be members and non members and thats all there is to it.

With repect,
Pete

richie

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:00 am »
Peter,

Not stirring anything up, i was merely pointing something out, someone mentioned about Simon been able to clean vast amounts of carpet / upholstery in short amounts of time and you mentioned about not possible to clean in 1/4 of the time without been a splash n dash.  I merely pointed out that it can be possible to clean vast areas in almost impossible short time periods without been splash n dash as Simon has proved with his many years experience.  I was not attempting to say that you where saying otherwise or stirring things up.  Read my post again & you will see this.

Richie.

JandS

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »
Top secret.

robert meldrum

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »
Isn't the English language a pain at times .................you can say something simple which can ( by omitting a word or two ) be taken to mean some specific when it was only meant as a generalisation.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
Not that it has anything to do with me, im just wondering, this is a very big job. Who is responsible for paying each individual?

What if the client defaults on payment will the subcontractor get paid?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 02:59:45 pm »
Hi Guys

Clean has a lot of positive energy and will be exclusive by the high standards it will set, but any CC prepared to work to those standards will be welcome.

It will obviously not be for some and there is a absolutely no compulsion to join, but for the CC looking to expand his business and be part of a positive and vibrant organisation then it is well worth joining.

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »
For what it's worth I think this job is just a ruse to generate heightened levels of interest in the new CLEAN Association, enticing prospective members with the lure of lucrative new contracts (although the jobs themselves are a secret and all of a sudden it is fully resourced with 46 people having been recruited in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, there will be other work ;))
I've been doing large and VERY large jobs for decades and I can tell you that this one just doesn't smell right.
Jobs of this size, with this many people involved are planned, not days before,  but weeks, even months in advance and the team is built meticulously ensuring that each of the 23 teams can produce identical results, you can't achieve that level of detail in a couple of days with a one line introduction on an internet forum.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »
Hope it isn't because I've been offered a place, long way to go but wanted to see how it's done, moneys ok as well.

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 07:23:31 pm »
I live in the south will keep a good look out.  breaker breaker 19 we could have a cc convy

KEEP OF MY MANNER OR I WILL PUT PINS IN YA VAC HOSES LOL ;D ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 07:25:09 pm »
Thanks, Shaun, you just won me a tenner.
Someone bet me a tenner that if I put that post on, someone from CLEAN would come on and try to counter it and you did, Mr President of CLEAN.

So at least we know Shaun's on the team, I wonder how many other from CLEAN directors etc end up doing the job? (If there is one that is.)
The problem with these types of schemes (even when the jobs are real) is that the people running them end up having first crack at the work. I would have thought that the directors and President would stand one step away from the jobs and resulting flow of money in the name of fair play and all that.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 07:29:21 pm »
Put that tenner away!

I am NOT the president and not a member, there are no members, infact I have nothing to do with CLEAN but as I have already stated I want to become a member.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »
Well that's one of the problems with CLEAN, people are being expected to sign up and get involved but all under the veil of secrecy. It all seems so very underhanded. You were the President of CLEAN and it seems to me at the very first sign of a CLEAN job coming up someone who is or was heavily involved is going to travel all the way down south to do a job when surely that job should go to people in the South and to people who need the work far more than you do.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »
Here we go, Simon being a d_ck....AGAIN! yawn yawn  ::) Hurry up and get your 15 to 20 replies that your no doubt going to put on here, so we can all get back to normal when you gone  ;D

Mark

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 07:42:38 pm »
I am not a member of clean and wish to put the record straight. I have worked for pete on the last 'big' last minute clean......It did exist, I don't believe for one minute this is a rouse for membership.
Pete in my opionion is an honest guy who has no ulterior motives. While I was prepared to wait 3 months to get paid, I got paid in a couple of weeks.
I was offered a place on this clean with no mention of conditions.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
"So basically its a big vax!"

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 07:45:47 pm »
Steady Mark everyone is allowed their say.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »
Oh come now, not the sour grapes retort. If Pete or anyone else can do good things for this industry then they have my respect.
The fact that this job appears to have been organized at the last minute is my only concern because in my experience jobs like this are a long time in the planning.
Simon

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »
Top secret.

Think it's more like not giving your work to the competition....common sense really  ;)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 08:21:47 pm »
Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment clean does not have any members as until they have run their first trainning / exam and you have passed it no one is eligible.
So I just took this to be a job that was offered by Pete not clean as the people working on it would not have the trainning / exam to determine their competence.
Hope the job goes well for all concerned, and if you ever get any in the North East let me know.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

steve cardy

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »
Although they do not have any paid up members as yet as you say they havnt run a course they do have a find a cleaner section on cleans website so they must have some founder members.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »
Tony,
But only a few posts ago on this very subject, Doug Holloway said this; 'Clean has a lot of positive energy.' Which is hardly a denial that this is a CLEAN job, or at least it would be if it were for real.

Mark,
You can call me a D H if you like, it doesn't make you look very big though, especially as everyone reading your remarks knows that unlike me, you have no direct experience of what the hell you are talking about, but if you do, why not share it with us instead of making moronic comments about someone you don't even know.
I do jobs worth tens of thousands of £'s, some so big in value that many of you would happy accept them as a years takings, so I do know what I am talking about. And let me tell you this, there are few and far between jobs on the scale suggested on this topic that are thrown together at the very last minute and then miraculously land in the laps of the people who started CLEAN.

Simon

richie

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:46 pm »
It would appear that this BIG job has been thrown together regarding getting teams of CCs to complete it.  If i were to take on a job that required 20+ teams of 2 to complete i would at the very least want to make sure that everyone involved had a set standard that would be worked to, using the same chemicals and CC machines that were of a certain standard.  Is this the way this BIG job ahs been put together? Does Peter know each & every CC that will be on site and does he know that the whole job will be completed to the same standard with EVERY CC working on it?  As Simon has said, it appears that this has not even been thought about, just simply advertised on a CC forum for ANYONE to call & join the team. 

Has this now turned into a heated debate because Peter decided to attack one of my posts and got all defensive for NO REASON instead of reading it properly.....thats the way it seems to me.  Some people on here have purely added some constructive comments and concerns about certain things and its all blown up.....WHY????  If you dont want people to add comments that may or may not be to your liking then i suggest you dont use OPEN forums.  People like Simon who have massive experience with BIG jobs have a wealth of knowledge and im sure would be only to pleased to give advice on how to manage such a big job however, verbally attacking him is not the right way to go about it is it!

Richie.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:18 pm »
I do jobs worth tens of thousands of £'s, some so big in value that many of you would happy accept them as a years takings

Simon

Thats nice, so we are purely grateful of your presence I presume? Hey guys there's nothing like making all of us 'normal' cc's seem small and stupid is there  ::)

Mark

p.s. Richie  So how do all the NCCA members justify their work - being part of an organisation??? Everyone uses different machines, and know how etc - but that doesnt stop them being part of that organisation an promoting that fact does it.

ANSWER THAT!

richie

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2010, 09:48:27 pm »
Mark

You obviously have severe communication problems which need addressing.  I will answer your question plain and simple...  I am NOT talking about NCCA or CLEAN or ANY other organisation.  My comment was regarding the BIG job that required CCs.  I NEVER mentioned anything about any organisation or anything about promoting one. 

If people with attitude such as yours are going to be on this BIG job then im glad that i am not have anything to do with it. 

Richie.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »
Mark
Being part of an association is one thing. Being part of a multi operational job is another.

And maybe why some in the industry are sceptical of NCCA is that they can't guarantee a uniform end service although their aim is to put out to the public that this is in a way what they are about

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »
Mark,
I'm not trying to make you, or anyone else seem stupid, especially not you as you seem to be doing a perfectly good job of it all by yourself. You called me a dick head purely and simply because I expressed an opinion on a subject that I have considerable expertise in and upon which you clearly have none. You didn't need to be quite so rude, you could have replied, 'Simon, I disagree' and then told us why you disagree, but no, you have to go down the 'dickhead' route. And all that I have done in reply is put forward my credentials and the fact of the matter is that I do some very big and very prestigious jobs and have done for many years, so I am at the very least qualified to make my comments, whereas it's oh so easy for someone like you just to shout 'dickhead' from the touchline.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »
If people with attitude such as yours are going to be on this BIG job then im glad that i am not have anything to do with it. 

Richie.

Not on it mate. Also I really dont have an attitude but do like to speak up when I hear nonsense, not necessarily from you.

Mark

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 10:07:51 pm »
Mark,
I'm not trying to make you, or anyone else seem stupid, especially not you as you seem to be doing a perfectly good job of it all by yourself. You called me a dick head purely and simply because I expressed an opinion on a subject that I have considerable expertise in and upon which you clearly have none. You didn't need to be quite so rude, you could have replied, 'Simon, I disagree' and then told us why you disagree, but no, you have to go down the 'dickhead' route. And all that I have done in reply is put forward my credentials and the fact of the matter is that I do some very big and very prestigious jobs and have done for many years, so I am at the very least qualified to make my comments, whereas it's oh so easy for someone like you just to shout 'dickhead' from the touchline.

Simon

Yeah, whatever ::)  By the way I didnt call you a dickhead :-\

Mark

richie

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
Mark,
with respect you have thrown abuse on here for what i see as no reason giving the impression that you have a attitude problem with myself and Simon.  All we have done is make what i believe to be open comments on a open forum without the need to feel that we needed to be abusive unlike yourself.

Mark Lawrence
Cleanitup Full Member

« Reply #34 on: Today at 07:39:02pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go, Simon being a d_ck....AGAIN! yawn yawn   Hurry up and get your 15 to 20 replies that your no doubt going to put on here, so we can all get back to normal when you gone 

Mark

You may not have used the actual words DICKHEAD regarding Simon, but look at your post and that is certainly what you were implied or at the very least you attacked him using the term DICK.  I know that some peoples posts on these OPEN FORUMS can be frustrating but all Simon did was voice his opinion.  The fact that you do not personally know Simon makes your comment even more outrageous.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »
Mark,

Sorry, I stand corrected, you didn't call me a dickhead, you called me a 'Dick.'
Whatever the word, I do have to wonder why you need to call anyone a dick, or dickhead just because they express a view that is not your own and having done so doesn't that make you look a bit of a dick too? Most right thinking people would look at what I, or you, or anyone else has said and thought, 'well, I disagree with that, but he / she has a perfect right to express that opinion, especially in a place the lifeblood of which is the exchange of views and opinions, that's why it's called a forum.

Simon

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »
What's with all the mud slinging on this forum?

It seems to me that there is a selection process taking place for these large jobs.

6 days before the job - Get as many people interested as possible, spend the next couple of days getting names of potential appropriate cc'ers and look at their credentials, qualifications, experience etc.
Then weed out the less experienced/unqualified operatives. This will give you a decent team of cc'ers within a few days leaving a few more days to plan the job in hand.

I reckon it's an effective way of putting (not throwing) a professional team together. Or am I wrong?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:11 pm »
Mark,
There you go again. Just because I happen to think that this whole CLEAN Association project is ill-considered and practically doomed to failure that I must be wrong and because I am (in your eyes at least) wrong I must be vilified for it. Why can't you accept that I have a right as a fully fledged member of this forum a right to express my view just as you have?

Simon

richie

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 10:49:24 pm »
Mark,
Having spoken to others on the phone & on forums regarding CLEAN it appears that there is a fair few people that are just stating that they think CLEAN is good in some ways yet is bad in others.  Simon has even stated in a post on this thread that if Pete or anyone can do CC some good then they have his respect.....is that not a positive comment???  
Yes we know its a new venture unlike the NCCA.  Its not that people want it to fail its more a case of voicing opinions all be it good or bad ones.  Any bad opinions should be taken on board by the leaders of CLEAN and talked about.  Negative comments in many ways are good comments because it gives you the chance to sit down & talk about them to see if there is a issue regarding the negatives given.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 11:00:31 pm »
Dave,

The problem with committing to a big job that requires 46 personnel is that you had better have thought it out in every way LONG before you actually do the job. The organiser of the job has the responsibility of putting the team together and making sure that every part of that team will support every other part of the team. If a mere week before such a big job you're still looking for people to actually do the job then there is something terribly wrong.
Here is the opening post on this topic:
      Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »    Reply with quote
Call me if interested.

Pete
07816 276290

And please, no phishing calls, your so obvious but a waste of my time

Now come on, does that seriously read like there is a big drive to find the very best people to carry out a very big professional job???
Believe me, big jobs require lots of planning and the guy in charge has to know that he has the best possible team behind him and not just a bunch of people recruited at the very last moment who he hopes will do the deed on the day.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 11:02:37 pm »
Simon has even stated in a post on this thread that if Pete or anyone can do CC some good then they have his respect.....is that not a positive comment??? Richie.

So thats a positive comment as opposed to the other 98.999% negative ::) Maybe you need to read all of his negative comments? Ooh look theres another one from Simon above ::)

Mark

robert meldrum

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 11:06:21 pm »
Mark

Take a look at Gerrards web site if you thought Simon was boasting. I'm not in anyone's camp and although Simon has a " forceful " way of communicating he's been Walking the Walk for some years.
As far as the early start to CLEAN's concerned I understand the scepticism but some job's DO come on stream unexpectedly and urgently and with CLEAN having started along the road many months ago there's bound to have been marketing activity so their presence will be known where it matters

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:39 am »
I see where you're coming from Si.

However, an awful lot of posts on this thread are purely speculative.
We have no idea how much prep has gone into this job before the labour is sourced. We don't know how many trusted teams Pete has in mind before looking for interested parties...could be 23? Time constaints are also an issue.

Speaking as somebody who played a part in the last large job, I saw a team of professionals work their arses off to a great standard whilst under the supervision of the organiser within a very limited timeframe. The ops manager who was working on behalf of the customer was delighted with the results as were his staff.  Considering the logistics of the job in hand I reckon the day was a resounding success.

I see no reason why this cannot be repeated time and time again.

peter maybury

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:00 am »
Do the inexperienced people on this forum understand what is being talked about here. Before being a truckmount operator I used to do a lot of volume with portables and just working with a team of maybe 15 people takes a lot of organising, it takes time to build a team like that  to be able to work together . It does not happen overnight. I have worked with a lot of carpet cleaners across the country and I just cannot see that a job like this would be done like this. Anybody managing areas that size do not just wake up one morning and decide they want their carpets cleaning straight away. I know the conference centres, function halls offices etc  that our customers have are booked weeks or so in advance. I wish I had time to go into more detail but am very busy. I will try to compile something soon and post it.  There are a lot of things that dont seem right..........

Peter
www.

richie

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 12:53:38 am »
Hi Peter, long time no see/speak. hope all is good with you mate.  It will be interesting to see if you get the same kind of reply as Simon did.  You have said things on your post above that were along the same lines as what Simon posted.

Dave,
Fair enough the last job went well and you never know this one may go the same way BUT.....in the opinion of some on here (myself included) a job like this will sooner or later go wrong due to lack of organising.  This is not my way of saying OMG.....CLEAN is poope. This is not what im saying, what i am saying is that more care should be taken in the organisation. The last thing that CLEAN or peter Sweeney needs is for it to go wrong. There are alot of different companies on site so its likely to have a bad effect on all the companies not just Peter or CLEAN or whoevers job it is.

Richie.
Richie.

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 07:26:09 am »

How can you quote for a BIG job before you know how much each of the independent cc’s charge? Insurance costs must be great (46 personnel) OMG all the tea bags, paying for a person to stand by the trip switch all day (don’t forget to send them a cup of tea) May be it is a non profit org.
Good luck to pete, hope all the cc’s read your risk assessment and don’t trip on all them electric cords,
Again best of luck don’t for get the headache/migraine tables.

derek west

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 08:05:48 am »
my guess, out of season caravan park.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 08:36:06 am »
Why such a big secret it not as if we are going to try and steal the work Pete. Just interested in what you have managed to secure.

Cheers Tony

Art

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:41 am »
Good luck with the  job Pete  :)

Ignore the knockers on here mate...you know what some of the forums are like  ;)

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 10:57:37 am »
Please keep the posts coming, this is better than a soap opera! :D

Good luck with the job Pete.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:09 am »
Ok children....Fay nightes  ::)

JandS

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 11:06:10 am »
Good thinking Derek.

John

JandS

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:13 am »
What's Simon's website called??

John

Dennis

richie

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
Art,
Look at the way this thread was started, bare minimum amount of information and 23 teams of 2 required at short notice.  Does that really sound like a well prepared job to you?  OK more info given upon calling Peter but still the job reuired so many people and only a week to find personel to do the job.  With that kind of information there was always going to be people voicing their opinion.  As this is a OPEN forum EVERYONE has a right to comment. Certain bad / negative comments should only be seen on a positive note.  These type of comments can & will help prepare for future BIG jobs. 

Richie.

Art

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:14 pm »
Hi Ritchie,

There's to many assumptions. Maybe CLEAN only got the go ahead with little notice.

I stopped reading the posts word for word a couple of pages back. It just seems that when ever anyone tries to do anything positive, out come the knockers.

Cleaners were being offered the chance to make money.

Anyone that was interested had nothing to lose and the ones who weren't interested or weren't selected, decided to look for faults...and by the way that wasn't directed at anyone in specific.

Your right it is an open forum and everyone has a right to comment ....people might want to sit back and think about how much work these guys have put into getting clean off the ground and either support it or at least cut them a bit of slack.

Arthur

jasonl

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »
Setting up a team of 46 cleaners is very easy , maintaining the standards is easy too, I have  cleaned jos with 200 people before now ,, , you just need the right structure ,, one supervisor  for every 6-8 people , all supervisors report to manager .   Everyone inducted in methods and Health and Safety , and away you go.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

colin thomas

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 07:31:39 pm »
derek, are you back?

;) :D
colin thomas

Ricky M

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:28 pm »
Setting up a team of 46 cleaners is very easy , maintaining the standards is easy too, I have  cleaned jos with 200 people before now ,, , you just need the right structure ,, one supervisor  for every 6-8 people , all supervisors report to manager .   Everyone inducted in methods and Health and Safety , and away you go.

well put Jas, its about being organised highly motivated and having the balls to push for it ( and paper work !! )  . nice result pete ya southen fairy git  ;D ;)

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Dave_Lee

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Pete knew most of those that have been chosen to carry out the job, from the CCDO forum, so will have a good idea of who he is dealing with.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

gwrightson

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 08:01:25 am »

one little thing keeps niggling me about this thread :-\

Alot of c/c at short notice, ok not immpossible, but what i cannot quite work out is , If so many are needed and all have to be compatant/trained insured and all the other criteria for the job, how come all of these c/c are available at such notice ? Do they just drop ever thing and forget about own custys ?
Surly, most established decent c/c have work booked in , dont they ?
How come they are all suddenly they are avaiable ?
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Helen

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15:06 am »
Don't believe everything you read on here about people being fully booked up for the next 3 months ;) there's an awful lot of 'bigging up' that goes on from some on forums.
And just perhaps CC'ers have been offered more for this single opportunity than what they already had booked, wouldn't you move your 2 or 3 smaller jobs and take the big one?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 08:17:46 am »
Geoff if a big job came in for you how would you go about it?

You'd twist, turn, move and shuffle other jobs just like those that do fire and flood have to with their domestic work.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 09:21:13 am »
What troubles me is that people like Shaun who is based in Sheffield is going to drive all the way down south, passing the front doors and places of business of CC'ers local to the job, people who are every bit as capable as he of doing the work and may need the work far more than he does. Is this the way that all CLEAN jobs are going to be distributed, where the founding members and directors, ex or otherwise, get their noses in the trough first and only the jobs that aren't so lucrative get passed down the food chain?
This is one of the reasons why a pseudo-franchise operation like this won't work, because there will always be winners and losers and the losers will still be expected to pay into the system regardless of the fact that others are gaining the business.
There is a far simpler way of doing things, one where the Association doesn't see it's role as that of directly generating work for its members, but helps secure work for it's members by building credibility and prestige into the public persona of the Association and thereby boosting the credibility of the individual member in the eyes of his customer. This is something that can be done and it won't just benefit some of the members, but all of the members.
As it stands now some people will gain work from the association and I would suggest the vast majority will not and that reality may well doom the whole project.

Simon

JandS

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 10:49:12 am »
Presuming this job has got to be done on one certain day.
46 cc's all turn up on this same day at the same time?
1 goes sick, one's porty don't work, 2 stuck in traffic and 1 van breaksdown on the way.
Then what?

John

Derek_Walker

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 11:42:55 am »
Carpet cleaners certainly are a negative bunch with very active imaginations. Lets look at this from another perspective, what if this job turns out really well? what if the customer is extremely happy and provides more work? what if it is extremely well organised? what if a group of professional carpet cleaners get to work together and make some money?  etc, etc, etc.

Of course on the other hand what if the world stops turning tomorrow? lol.

David Ware

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »
I wish you well to all the people that have tried hard to get this job and for the safe completion of the work. Let us know how it finishes up. My concern of a job of this nature would be the security of my equipment, lock it up. :-\
David Ware 

Griffus

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2010, 12:36:20 pm »
As a neutral bystander on this matter I would like to pass comment on the following facts: -
The title of this thread calls out for CC's in the South but makes no mention of CLEAN

My opinion, based on the title is therefore that this is nothing to do with CLEAN.

It would appear from the posts that have since followed that it has everything to do with CLEAN.

I am curious therefore, why this request has been handled in this way. The following strikes me as odd: -
•   Why CLEAN is not mentioned in the title.
•   Why there is no clarity on whether or not this is open to all, or just CLEAN members.
•   Why is this request at such short notice?

I am even more curious as to: -
•   Who is managing this project?
•   Who has agreed the cleaning spec.?
•   Payment Terms; Who will be paid, how and when?
•   Does the 'Customer' know how many individual companies are to be involved and what H&S measures are to be put in place to help facilitate this?
•   Who from the Customer will oversee and who from the CC’s will be in overall charge, will this person / person’s be hands on or wholly managing?
•   What contingency is in place for no shows and poor performers?

Isn't there a worry from CLEAN's hierarchy that this could be a total disaster? This is a massive project, made extremely complicated by each teams individual working practice plus a whole load of other factors. I understood that the whole point was to raise awareness but more importantly STANDARDS! Maybe this isn't the best way of going about this.

As this is a shout out for help I would assume there are not enough members already and that new members are required. At such short notice how are these member requests to be vetted. Is it simply a case of getting as many members as possible as soon as possible? If so is it not therefore the case that raising industry STANDARDS is not CLEAN's ultimate aim, this is actually gaining members.

Finally, has the work already been secured or is it a possibility based on CLEAN being able to fulfil requirements. Who has agreed rates and isn't the Customer a bit worried that the job isn't going to be done. What is their contingency etc. etc.

richie

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:24 pm »
I POSTED THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IN REPLY TO A POST MADE BY STEVE BARNETT WHO HAS SINCE REMOVED HIS POST

Steve,
I think you have put your comments across very well.  Without looking back at this whole thread spending hours taking in everything that has been said im going to attempt to answer your post or at least part of it.  

When reading the posts that others have left it is very easy to not fully take in what has been said or fully understanding the post. As i have said a few times now negative posts from others can easily be turned into positive comments.  The way that someone runs a company or organisation may not be what others have in mind and they will voice opinions.  These opinions should be noted and talked about to see if they can work for you.  

If someone like Simon in your opinion has tried to discredit the directors would it not be advisable to simply post a comment saying....Well actually this is how it works or we do this for this reason...  As you stated yourself you expected some negativity and a degree of cynicism.  Myself and others have done this but instead of getting a reply from a director ofall the answers or most have been from this forum members.  It may have been a good idea for a Director of CLEAN to help people more understand what and how things are going to work.  You also said "The people who come on here demanding answers to questions are the same people who can't be bothered to pick up the phone or send an e-mail, as was requested in the launch statement".  Is there any reason why you cant post the information on these forums for all to see.  At least that way many questions may have been answered instead of a heated debate and certain people getting abusive towards others.  

Yes it was myself that posted the comment "if we didn't want negative comments then we shouldn't use an open forum to promote CLEAN".  I stick by that comment but dont see any reason why you would want to stop posting on this or any other forum regarding CLEAN because to some that may seem as if CLEAN has something to hide, which by the way is NOT what im trying to say.

I think that their are quite a few CCs on this and other forums that are interested in knowing how things will work with CLEAN and the answers to any questions that have been asked be that good or bad.  I can understand thatCLEAN is a new project and that it will take time to see how things are going to work out but i think personally that instead of going defensive (which in some respects i can understand why) why doesnt a Director or someone authorised from CLEAN either correct what assumptions have been made or say your comments have been noted and discussed to see if they will work with what we are trying to acieve within CLEAN.  At least if things are done this way everyone that has interest of joining CLEAN or just want to know how things will be worked will be able to see this on a forum.

Anyone or any organisation that is trying to move forward the CC trade and trying to make the consumer more aware of CC i think has to take credit where credit is due and i believe that said people deserve a pat on the back.  I personally do wish CLEAN the best of luck and hope that CLEAN can achieve its goals.  Just because someone is seeing a negative side of things does not mean that they want to see CLEAN get doomed.

Richie.
PS
I hope the above makes sense

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 12:45:42 pm »

I am even more curious as to: -
•   Who is managing this project?
•   Who has agreed the cleaning spec.?
•   Payment Terms; Who will be paid, how and when?
•   Does the 'Customer' know how many individual companies are to be involved and what H&S measures are to be put in place to help facilitate this?
•   Who from the Customer will oversee and who from the CC’s will be in overall charge, will this person / person’s be hands on or wholly managing?
•   What contingency is in place for no shows and poor performers?

Why do you need to know any of this unless you're involved in the job?
I don't stick my nose into how Buck Palace or Parliament gets done so why do those not involved want to know the ins and outs of someone elses job.

richie

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:16 pm »
Ian,
You have made some very good points within your post and i would like to add one to it if i may.

If something were to go wrong on this job lets say a burst pressure hose causing damage to lets say a TV or PC.......or worst case someones portable malfunctions causing the whole premises to burn to the ground.  Who's insurance would the customer claim from?  Would it be from the guy who's portable hose burst / malfunctioned, from Peter who started this post or from CLEAN?

Richie.

richie

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »
Neil,
I guess that what Ian has posted is what people would want to know if they had interest in this or any future jobs.  Again with this kind of information some may be put off from contacting to see if their help is required.

Richie.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »
Richie

That was a good communative reply, well done mate for understanding what CLEANs objectives are hoping to achieve. Lets all give it time, its only just been born and it will take time to answer all concerns and build on that to create a great association (hopefully). With regard to all things to do with h & s and insurance etc - that must be taken care of i would imagine - cant see any project of this size going ahead unless it has.

I myself dont know much about the assoc, but i just see it as a positive thing if all cc's can benefit - surely?

Ian

I may be wrong but I dont suspect for a minute that CLEAN will post that sort of information on an open forum - would you expect NCCA to do that or IICRC? of course not. Why dont you just get in touch with CLEAN and ask them?

Mark

derek west

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 12:53:36 pm »
go on, i'll have my 2 peneth worth.

first of all i wish clean all the success in the world, it won't effect me if i don't join and if they do it right then i'll join and benefit that way. win win for me really.

i'd of loved to of got TACCA off the ground but with only a few years behind me and bad timing i'm glad i didn't go for it, even though i had some good financial offers of backing from some extremely influential guys in the industry.
not for me as i'm doing just dandy and i like where affordable cleaners is going.
all though i am thinking of changing it to Truckmounter Approved Carpet Cleaning Association. ;D

i think on the whole CLEAN are doing a good job of setting up an organisation that will at the least push the industry forward.

the only down side to CLEAN are......
there reluctancy to be open about everything by answering questions in a positive professional manner. a new organisation needs to be positive, by answering possible future members concerns. this is a big forum and to turn your nose up to it just cos of a few doubters is in my opinion, unbelievable. you can learn and prosper from doubters if you deal with them in the right manner

Q&A is forward thinking, its the only way to drive forward, big companies use Q&A not just in the board room but with staff and even customers.
forums like this are a fantastic way of getting new ideas and diversifying away from your own way of thinking.which can sometimes be blinkered.
my only other concern is anyone can join CLEAN as long as they have passed the test and got insurance, hmmmmm sounds familiar, i really think serious organisations should have a minimum equipment standard for there own good as well as the customer, to pull up to number 22 jones street and be proudly showing off my CLEAN badge while next door at number 24 joe bloggs turns up with his rug doctor and his CLEAN logo on the side of his H reg escort estate would really pee me off.
just my thoughts there guys, don't take them to heart.
and hopefully i'll be paying the membership fee and joining in the future, good luck with the job, hope it all goes swimmingly.
6 posts while typing this, how long was i on the phone for ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 01:19:45 pm »
Guys

I have decided to delete my post as it was inflammatory and written out of frustration.

If you want more information on CLEAN and how to join please contact us or attend CCDO where we will have a stand.

Simon

If you read my post before I deleted it then I apologise for how some of it was worded, however, most of my points I stand by. If you didn't read it, then by all means carry on criticising us, as they say - all publicity is good publicity, no matter how negative.

Ian

I don't know you and with the greatest respect you can't possibly expect answers to those questions on an open forum, especially as you are not even involved in the job.

Derek

Yes there will be a minimum requirement in terms of equipment.

Regards

Steve Barnett
C.L.E.A.N President

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »
Hi Steve the only reason people are posting on this forum is because the request was posted on here by Pete and also about the launch of Clean and I think Clean could do their cause a lot of good by trying to answer questions put by cc's who are the people you want to get interested in Clean to get them to become members, you will always get the ones who want to knock you just ignore them.  ;D Good luck m8 hope I might be able to make ccdo

Cheers Tony

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »
Clinton
Just cos you got new van & machine  ;D ;D ;D ;D lol

Tony

fitz2kleen

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2010, 02:31:41 pm »
hmmmmm , children in the playground still at it i see.
maybe ill come back in a few weeks when the wars over. :(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »
Steve,

I hadn't read you post, but even if I had I wouldn't have taken offence for as you well know I have been an outspoken critic, not of the CLEAN project in total but the way that it has been gone about and fair dinkum, if you dish it out, so you should be prepared to take the flack that comes your way by way of reply, and I accept that absolutely.

What I think is a real shame is that you have missed a golden opportunity to start an association based on what the membership want from an association and not what a secretive committee of self appointed people THINK the membership want. There has been no outside consultation with the carpet cleaning fraternity, just a continuous wall of silence. Until, that is, your communications director said on this forum, 'The association is NOT about its members, it is about its CUSTOMERS' What kind of an association is that?  Associations don't have customers, they have members. So if Clean has customers then it cannot be an association, it's a franchise operation, so why not come out and say so.
And as if to cement that point I was then sent text of an email allegedly from one senior member of the CLEAN team to others end with words to the effect of, 'We should make a killing!' So is it not then the case that you sign up new members who then have to have minimum standards of equipment and then have to do all the CLEAN training courses so that they can then carry out CLEAN jobs (if any should come their way) and CLEAN makes a profit on each and everyone one of them. Now, in as many words that is what I was told this is about, a money making scheme and hence my cynicism. By the way there is nothing wrong with all of the above as long as you give it the proper label, that of a franchise operation and NOT an association, at least then people know what they are signing up to. Maybe this explains all the secrecy.

I don't want this to become personal, Steve, if you want the truth, the best thing that has happened to CLEAN so far is you taking it over, but if you're not prepared to address people concerns in an open and frank manner and actually engage with the very people you hope will populate CLEAN then you might as well stick to your day job.

You know just because I disagree with what you are doing and the way you are going about it, doesn't make me wrong to say what I think. And if the project is so full of virtue then it will withstand any amount of criticism from a cynical old git like me who will be only too please to stand up and give you the hearty applause you will deserve if you prove me wrong.

Simon

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »
Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply and for the benefit of others reading your post we should agree that I have already addressed the alleged e-mail that you refer to and that I have suggested that you copy it to me, as it has most certainly NOT come from the board of directors of CLEAN that now exists.

Also for the benefit of others I have copied and pasted below some of the replies I gave you on Truckmounters as they answer some of the concerns you have raised in you post above.

"Unlike the NCCA, the focus of CLEAN is all about educating the end user about the need for regular cleaning and maintenance, if we can raise the awareness of even an extra 1% of the public it would make a huge difference to all aspects of the carpet cleaning industry - pie in the sky ?, maybe, but somebody has to try however long it takes. We are so far behind the USA in terms of how people view the need for carpet cleaning.

If this philosophy of focusing on the end user rather than the members means we fall outside the parameters of an "association" then so be it. Equally we are long way from being labelled as a franchise.

There will be a entry training course and a minimum equipment requirement.  As for work being promised, well no such promises are being made, however members will benefit from contracts that we are actively sourcing.

We are not trying to be another NCCA, why would we ?, they already exist. This is new territory and cynicism is to be expected, but we are pushing on with it and will stick to the principles we have set out for it. Time will tell if we have made the right decisions and if the members will benefit from our efforts. I'm sure some people will think that this a holier than thou attitude which is simply masking a money-making scheme to benefit the organisers, but nothing could be further from the truth. That being said, actions speak louder than words, so watch this space.

I can fully appreciate that there are still concerns and questions unanswered and I hope that we can put our message across in full come April.

This will be a huge challenge for us to establish CLEAN within the industry but I believe the time is right. I am sure mistakes will be made along the way but we are in this for the long haul."

As for answering questions on the forums, I am sure you will agree it would be a futile task. You only have to read some of the questions posed to realise that I would have to be on-line day and night.

Without being over-dramatic, even if I promised to revolutionise the carpet cleaning industry overnight and assured prospective members that they would earn a thousand pounds a week each, someone would still come back with another batch of "what ifs" and "I am concerned about" posts.

On top of that, typed responses on forums tend to be read out of context - I will gladly stand in front of 100 people at CCDO in april and explain what CLEAN is about, rather than have our integrity questioned in a post from someone who hides their identity or posts under an assumed name to stir up trouble.

CLEAN cannot be all things to all men. Guys with 20 plus years experience and huge database of clients, can rightly ask "whats in it for me" and truthfully the answer would have to be - not much.

However, there is a huge middle area of carpet cleaners who don't fit this profile, indeed many of them do not use forums at all, these are the people who will probably benefit most from being a part of our association.

To repeat myself, our main focus is the end user, the prospective client - without raising their awareness we only have a small piece of the pie to share amongst ourselves.

Those that want to join will benefit - those that don't will still benefit if we achieve what we have set out to - OR we can all keep coming on here asking if anyone else is quiet at the moment, or how the client has never heard of the NCCA, or how we don't get any work from being a member of the NCCA (not that they have ever said that they will gain work for their members)

We don't have to fall out over this Simon, I've got broad shoulders too and I can accept criticism up to the point when it gets vindictive.

However, you are a big player in the carpet cleaning world and your words carry weight - I would simply ask that you bear that in mind when posting on here, as the words you use at times seem to undermine what we are trying to achieve.

Anytime you want a chat, feel free to call - I'm not hard to find.

Steve

Doug Holloway

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2010, 05:09:13 pm »
Hi Guys

There are times when the talking has to be converted into action and that is what we at CLEAN are doing.

A lot of work is going on in the background to prepare for the launch and I know many of you have already expressed interest in becoming members.

There will always be leaders, whether you choose to follow them is entirely up to you.

Cheers

Doug

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2010, 05:13:58 pm »
Steve,

...I was then sent text of an email allegedly from one senior member of the CLEAN team to others end with words to the effect of, 'We should make a killing!'

Simon

So that's just hearsay then? If this cant be proven then I would describe this as a very very unsavoury comment indeed from Simon.

Mark

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 10:17:30 am »
Steve,

Thanks for your reply.
We all focus on the end user, it's called marketing and the aim of doing good marketing is to encourage the end user to come our way and not the way of our competitors. So there is nothing new in what you are doing that any other carpet cleaning company isn't already doing. The problem you've got is that if your 'educating' results in a sale and you then pass that work on to a local member, who are all equipped to a certain standard, trained to a certain standard as so are qualified to carry out the work. That's all fine. The problem is that people join association on the basis of 'what's in it for me' (either financially or in extra kudos with prospective clients) and for no other reason. People leave associations because they don't think they get enough back to justify their membership fee. Finding that other people have got work from CLEAN but not me will cause that very disgruntlement and crys of 'not fair' will quickly follow and membership renewal will become based on whether or not they were one of the winners or one of the losers and that's not decrying your best efforts, that is simply the reality that awaits you if you make CLEAN an organisation that generates work for its members because the only way it can work and you keep your members is if EVERYONE gets work and I would suggest that is nigh on impossible.

The goal of educating the public is a good one and is easily the most pressing matter confronting the carpet cleaning business in this country, but in my view you are going about it in entirely the wrong way and a lot of people who really can't afford it are going to have coughed up a lot of money for potentially nothing.

Simon

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2010, 10:53:39 am »
I have not read everything on CLEAN as I am involved in three projects at present.

Simon I remember years ago on Clean it Up you wanted to start somthing similiar.

If I remember correctley talk of TV Advertising etc.

As I have said not read all criteria but like ideas of diffrent grades. Obviously Internet will be used . I believe Pete is a good Salesperson

Do not think I know Andrew.

Dougs a good Guy

So to me looks ok. I doubt if I will join as I am travelling in a diffrent direction and I never have been a joiner.

I think we should wish them all well.

Art

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2010, 12:08:27 pm »
Simon,

That's a couple of times now i've read people saying that you tried to start something similar. Might of been before my time on here.
I'm curious so would you like to enlighten me. Apoliges if you have mentioned it on one of your long posts on this thread, as i haven't read them all.

Thanks in advance.

Arthur

clive ware

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2010, 02:19:56 pm »
What`s CLEAN?

JandS

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:03 pm »
Masons only cleaner.

John

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »
Hi Art,
I think I've spoken to you, or was it Andre from Art of Clean about radio advertising. I know you guy's have done some of it as have we with  mixed results.
Yes, I have muted the idea of national advertising campaigns in the past and the last time it was discussed we contacted an Advertising Agency in London and put the very basics to them, that the carpet cleaning industry in this country is made up of approximately 7,500 individual companies serving around 25% of the population and we wanted to embark on a national advertising campaign to raise awareness of carpet cleaning, give us a ball park figure of how much that might cost. Answer, minimum £150,000 and that was just for a short tester campaign on TV and it would be around half that for national radio. Either way big money, all of which needed to be followed by follow-on campaign to keep carpet cleaning in the minds of the public on a regular basis.
Clearly this just was not going to happen - fullstop.

In America the market was cracked in th 80's by I think it was Sears, a huge company who got into carpet cleaning and had the resources to go national with it. The result of that was a huge increase in carpet cleaning activity which encouraged others into the market with yet more TV ad's and more awareness.

We need something like that to happen in this country. None of us as individual companies, nor the NCCA, or CLEAN have the resources or are ever likely to have the resources to do this and that is why it is only ever talked about.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2010, 04:13:33 pm »
8 week tv campaign concentrating on daytime tv such as loose women j kyle etc is £250,000. plus dale wintons fee  ;D

£200 mem fee just won't cut it.

£1000 mem fee with £50 per month ongoing would cover a full years campaign and with only 250 members.

wonder if T.A.C.C.A. could get 250 truckmounters together and promote truckmount carpet cleaning to the nation.

"CAN YOU DIG IT? CAAAAAAN YOOOOUUUUUUUU DIIIIIIIIIIG ITTTTTTTTT" ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »
Derek

One of the best gang films going, think he lasted 5minites. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Art

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »
The warriors...poor sirus  ;D

derek west

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:03 pm »
"tacca members, come out to play-eee-ayyyyy" showing me age now, can't believe theres not been a remake.

baseball furies rock

Dave Carver

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »
More like the mafia than masons Jan.

Been cleaning in the states for years, only thing is its half the price over there for work.

As CLEAN themselves admit, its an 'association' for newbies run by a President with 2 years experience in the industry.

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth - George Orwell, 1984

garyhumphreys

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
Whats better?  To be a paid up member of C.L.E.A.N. or not be a fully paid up member of C.L.E.A.N...................... theres only one way to find out ..............Fi.......

elliott cleaning

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 10:13:52 pm »

... run by a President with 2 years experience in the industry.

Dave
Many extremely successful corporation throughout the world are run by 'presidents'  imported without a great deal of experience in the company's particular field.
The expertise of a president lies in organising the minions at hand & overseeing the recruitment of the right ones if required. Both talents different from being an expert in the product or service the company offers

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »
Do you think Adam Crozier deliverd post when he was top of the Royal Mail? actually he's now taking the job at ITV do you think he may do light entertainment?

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 09:08:02 am »
Well it looks like an apology is due. Despite me saying that I didn't think job existed and that it was likely a ruse on the part of the CLEAN people to create interest in their new association. In actual fact the job does exist on a cruise ship called Boudicca in Southampton and so I apologies unreservedly for any offence caused.

Boudicca has had problems with Noro Virus lately and this mass clean might be something to do with that. If so, I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house. Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

Simon

jasonl

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2010, 09:52:51 am »
Do you think Adam Crozier deliverd post when he was top of the Royal Mail? actually he's now taking the job at ITV do you think he may do light entertainment?

Shaun

No he does not , all the light entertainers in this country are on CIU

http://www.yourholidayclaims.co.uk/blog/2010/01/norovirus-outbreak-on-boudicca-cruise.html

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:32 pm »
Geoff,
Thats quiet good.  ;D ;D

mark shannon

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:40 pm »
Steve hope your getting a similar salary package to Adam Crozier ;)

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:21 pm »
I wasn't going to bother posting tonight as I am knackered, having just got back from Southampton after what was a very hard but very successful project.

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, however as my credentials have been called into question by someone I dont even know (or do I ?), I thought I would give you some background to my experience.

I attended my first Prochem 2 day training course and 1 day upholstery course in 1996, being taught by the much respected Ron Tilley. 2 weeks after that I purchased my first portable - a Prochem Steameasy 400 which cost £1700 with wand, hoses etc; a lot of money then for what we now know is an underpowered machine.

Carpet cleaning was an add-on service for my carpet supply and fit clients, however I was cleaning something virtually every week.

3 years ago I decided to concentrate all my efforts into creating a stand alone carpet cleaning business, so I updated all my training and equipment and now here I am.

I am an LTT trained leather technician and an IICRC certified firm, certified in 3 disciplines and NCCA trained.

I've been in the carpet industry since I was 19, I'm 48 next month, so nearly 30 years. I've been supplying and fitting carpets ever since and I was trained at the Brintons factory.

So despite what Mr.Dave Carver says, if indeed that is his name, I have a fair few years experience, certainly more than some and equally not as much as others.

As I say, not blowing my own trumpet, just don't care for people casting doubts about me.

Steve

richie

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »
Hi Simon,
One thing for sure....if the 23 x 2 man teams didnt know about the Noro Virus they do now. This type of job will require strict H&S.  I really do hope that any CCs that are on site de-contaminate ALL the equipment used.  In fact they are better off de-contaminating EVERYTHING that is in the van used or not on the job.  Plus i hope they dont do any other work for 48 hours.  This is not the type of job that i would want to go on.  Will the ships electric supply cope with over 20 portable extractors running?  Maybe they have hired a very large generator to use.

Richie.

« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »
I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house.

Done, done and done.
A very hard days work as Steve mentioned but equally great to meet the people behind the faces on here and other forums.
Found a problem with my super scorpian.....it was too strong for some of the weak electrics on board. what can only be described as a ship that has seen better days :o

Richie, you're making it sound like people were all over the place hanging over the side of the ship throwing up. All the people I saw (passengers going off the ship and staff still on it) all looked very helathy.
Yes there were signs that obviously there had been concerns because therer were bottles of hand sanitisers everywhere. Plus all the rooms and corridors were being fogged to kill any bugs and mattresses and soft furnishings were being sprayed too.
If the ship had been in that bad a condition health wise then I doubt it have been allowed to take on new passengers for it's departure tonight.

Colin Day

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »
Hi Simon,
One thing for sure....if the 23 x 2 man teams didnt know about the Noro Virus they do now. This type of job will require strict H&S.  I really do hope that any CCs that are on site de-contaminate ALL the equipment used.  In fact they are better off de-contaminating EVERYTHING that is in the van used or not on the job.  Plus i hope they dont do any other work for 48 hours.  This is not the type of job that i would want to go on.  Will the ships electric supply cope with over 20 portable extractors running?  Maybe they have hired a very large generator to use.

Richie.

Don't worry your pretty little head ;D ;D ;D

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 10:10:39 pm »
Richie, you're making it sound like people were all over the place hanging over the side of the ship throwing up. All the people I saw (passengers going off the ship and staff still on it) all looked very helathy.
Yes there were signs that obviously there had been concerns because therer were bottles of hand sanitisers everywhere. Plus all the rooms and corridors were being fogged to kill any bugs and mattresses and soft furnishings were being sprayed too.
If the ship had been in that bad a condition health wise then I doubt it have been allowed to take on new passengers for it's departure tonight.

Have you ever been on a ship? that ship will set sail, i have been on a ship before when a dead body was being taken off and the ropes where untied before the boby was on the dock. Also been on board when most of the passengers and staff where being sick in front of your feet and other stuff was leaving their bodys before they could get to the toilet. we got off that same day it set sail, the next week it was on the news and holidays from hell.  Simon is correct he knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing.
ps when it comes to this illness the passengers that are able to walk off the ship are the lucky ones. the others are still on the toilet

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2010, 10:16:08 pm »
I'm going on The Oasis of the Seas in a few weeks only throwing up I may do is when my missus hits the shops!

www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Shaun

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2010, 10:23:41 pm »
Shaun

Glynn does that too,  :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2010, 10:27:40 pm »
My wife's just returned from a cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas, fortunately no viral problems but there was an attempted ramming and the ship behind then passing Aden was attacked by pirates.

Fortunately the Danish Navy swooped in and boarded the ship SAS style...............the pirates fled.

That's a BIG BOAT Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »
Yes I bought 2 of them so Glynn can clean them with both his TM's ;D it's my 40th present so thought we'd splash out (pun intended) it has a zip wire that goes across the deck so I should be amused.

Apparently they say that you have to lose half a stone before you go on a cruise because that's how much you'll put on with all of that eating and doing nowt the latter I'm not very good at but the kids soft drinks are free so that'll do for me because I like free! it's a very understated word ;D

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2010, 11:01:05 pm »

Have you ever been on a ship? that ship will set sail, i have been on a ship before when a dead body was being taken off and the ropes where untied before the boby was on the dock. Also been on board when most of the passengers and staff where being sick in front of your feet and other stuff was leaving their bodys before they could get to the toilet. we got off that same day it set sail, the next week it was on the news and holidays from hell.  Simon is correct he knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing.
ps when it comes to this illness the passengers that are able to walk off the ship are the lucky ones. the others are still on the toilet

Sorry, can I ask, had the corridors and rooms already fogged, or being fogged while there were still people present and what chemical was being used, if known?

Regards

Martin 8)

The Great One

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 06:17:27 pm »
Anyone??

Glynn

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:41 pm »
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.
Regards
Glynn

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »
Anyone??

Hi Martin

Hope your well mate.

If you want to give me a call I'll have a chat with you about it.

Pete
07816 276290

gwrightson

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.

Now theres a thought  !!!!

I wonder how many actually thought of this !!  and if I,m honest it wouldnt of entered my head ???
It has when cleaning blood , but a virus hmm 

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:49 pm »
I guess I will have to start parking my Prowler outside the front door of the houses rather then taking it indoors.  ;D

Only joking.
I already do that. ;)

richy27

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
after my madras last night  am still venting something

Joe H

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »
Get on the Vindaloo. That will sort out your inards.

richy27

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2010, 07:36:55 pm »
Get on the Vindaloo. That will sort out your inards.

bog roll in the fridge over night works wonders

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »
Once had a Fal never again I couldn't talk afterwards well no out of my mouth!

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2010, 07:40:06 am »
Anyone??

Hi Martin

Hope your well mate.

If you want to give me a call I'll have a chat with you about it.

Pete
07816 276290

Hi Peter

I am very well, many thanks.

Glad the ship went well, sounds like it was a lot of fun as well?

Not trying to stir things up at all just thought it was a simple question really, it obviously sounds like they decontaminated the entire ship, carpets, surfaces fabrics and the air, it's just that you mentioned the fogging and it peaked my interest is all.

Regards

Martin 8)

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:43 am »
Hi Martin

Not at all mate, and normally I would give a simple answer but the way things are on here at the moment thought it would be better (for me) if we just spoke.

Am about most of today, but if you can't I'll drop you an email with a bit more detail.

Pete