Derek

Re: Does protection work?????
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 06:21:36 am »
I think if you research this topic everything has already been said on the subject hence the possible reluctance to go over it all yet again

carpetclean

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 06:25:22 am »
it is important to qualify what you are doing to the client before and after the protection. i always tell them that stainguarding is NOT foolproof. Though it will help the spot  to come out  easier , though this depends on how quickly you act. by the way when i tested the protectors i tested i used wine the ones protected DID come out easier
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

craigp

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 08:44:33 am »
theres alltec one 'promite protecter' which also kills dustmites, but thats a flourochemical, water based one too,

so problaly much the same as prochems flouroseal anyway.

i also think theres one called 'sologuard' by solutions ltd?

i for am interested in what you find out spick and span, and not to bothered about 'test conditions' lol

not sure you need a labortory and scientist tell you which works better than others ;D

spickandspan

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 08:59:22 am »
Thank you Craig I am not a scientist,  as some think  but all the tests have been the same.
I will let you know how i get on with the other samples i get.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

spickandspan

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 07:25:40 pm »
WELL WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE???????????????? THOUGHT THIS WAS A FORUM

spickandspan

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 08:22:15 pm »
Well very dissapointed looks like what you all  use is a secret????????????

andy roberts

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 08:32:52 pm »
Everyone has there own hidden agenda!  8)

spickandspan

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 01:11:08 am »
True true but at the moment i would not like to shell out hard earned cash for protection if it does not WORK i feel as though we are conning the general public and i fell ashamed.......... unless you can proof otherwise ???  ??? ???

conallon

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 01:49:55 am »
Flouroseal is what im using at the moment was using another companies (no names) had a complaint 6 months later, well sort of, applied flouroseal next time i visited her, third time i went back she was convinced her stair carpet kept cleaner and was easier to maintane.

Conrad

p.s going to give solutions solugard ago.

andy roberts

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2006, 03:51:31 am »
Blimey, can someone let me know which protection is favoured before I end up going through all the different ones on the market!   ???

carpetclean

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 06:59:08 am »
as i said basically most protectors do a similar job regard;ess which leading brand you buy if  they teflon

Discovered in 1938 at our Jackson Research Laboratory in New Jersey, Dr. Roy Plunkett was experimenting when he realized that a chemical sample surprisingly changed its properties into a white, waxy solid with unbelievable characteristics. This innovation was the product we now know as Teflon®.

Teflon® is best known for its slipperiness, which is useful where non-stick features are important. DuPont revolutionized the cookware industry with the introduction of Teflon® non-stick coatings for cookware, making cleanup a breeze. High-rise buildings that use DuPont™ Certified Limited Combustible Cable are safer from smoke damage. And, Teflon® used in fabric protection keeps clothing and carpets looking newer, longer.
But it is not foolprrof but will allow you to get a spot out more easily and it will not attract dirt as quickly.

NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

spickandspan

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2006, 10:31:21 am »
Thank you Peter at last getting somewhere.
You have just made me realise something one protector  that i used was Teflon based but as you say it wont help with the protection but will make it easier to remove stain.
Which particular one do you use????

carpetclean

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 04:20:46 pm »
depends what supplier i am at at the time i use prochems and craftex. this morning i did a new carpeted 5 bed roomed house in solvent from carpex. i had a test piece i took from her a week ago and showed her what it did she was over the moon but i still told her that it is not fool proof and not to try and get a spot out with any retail stuff but to call me if she feels she cant get it out with a towel and water.  i showed her the wine trick where i spilled a glass of red wine [ on the sample] and got it out with a dry cloth and then a damp cloth with no visible marks left. bearing in mind i tried this at home first to make sure i could
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

fibresafe

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 07:26:21 pm »
I like Stainshield Professional.

It has the highest solids content on the market and can be diluted to suit the carpet or upholstery you are protecting e.g. Less water on low profile/synthetics, more water on wool/longer pile. Works out at around 50p/square metre so cheap too.

richie

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 09:46:25 pm »
I favour either Enviro-shield or Prochems Floroseal.  I have tested both these protectors and both have given good results however, these tests were done on samples that had not been walked on over.  I have had over the years applied the Prochem product and when returned to the customers 12-18 months later the carpets have cleaned very easily and customers have said that spills are easy to remove.

Richie.

jbcleaning

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 10:09:28 pm »
I think Stainshield Professional and Enviroshield are the same thing with different labels

spickandspan

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 12:22:07 am »
Nice one Richie I must admit i do like Prochem and like most guys we apply the protector but when the protection is needed we will not be there to see it what feedback have you had guys???

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 03:45:30 pm »
I use flourseal and solutions soluguard, flourseal you have to brush in soluguard you don't :o

Makes it that little bit eaiser :P
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

spickandspan

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 08:10:33 pm »
Who makes Solugaurd.

carpetclean

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 08:12:52 pm »
solutions uk
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed