Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

upholstery tool
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
In my NCCA notes on upholstery it says that when using the tool to spray the fabric from a distance of about 6 inches then extract with dry passes,I have never seen it done like that on the videos on you tube ect,its always done by spraying whilst in contact with the fabric.

I bought a new upholstery tool which I tried yesterday and using directly on the fabric did cause quite a lot of solution to escape out of the sides and overspray.In the end I used it the way described in the notes and sprayed solution from about 6 inches and then dry passed.

Is there a right way or a wrong way or is it personal preferences

JandS

Re: upholstery tool
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:54:11 am »
Get a Hydramaster Drymaster.
I paid £160 second hand off e bay and it's one of
the best pieces of kit I've bought.
Knocks loads of time off cleaning upholstery and
no overspray.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

adimarsh

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »
Wayne

Might be a daft question but are you sure it's an upholstery tool you've bought? Should have an internal jet not external. Even at 135psi you should not get leakage from the sides and overspray.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »
As John said - get a Drimaster or a CFR tool.

No more overspray, simplz !

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 02:46:49 pm »
Alot of the pmf and duraclean hand tools don't have splash guards which IMO is a bit sill as most cleaners use 135psi pumps if not higher, my favourite tool is an enclosed jet tool cfr and you don't get this problem.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:56:31 pm »
There is also Kleenrite (very good) Ashby’s also sell an enclosed spray hand tool
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

wayne zabel

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
Its a Westpack  4 inch detailer tool with splash guard and is advertised as a upholstery tool.I got from Cleansmart.I think i should have saved a bit more and got something better.Its on their website if anyone can have a look and see if Ive bought a load of crap.www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »
I have one and as a stair tool it's quite good but like you I tried it on upholstery and it got water spray everywhere, you can get an enclosed jet pmf for approx £80 ish.

Shaun

wayne zabel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 03:45:03 pm »
Were could I get one from Shaun at that price?Second hand

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:39 pm »
I have one of them too and does have a splash gaurd?? Personaly it shouldn't be advertised as an upholstery tool....

It can be used as a stair tool (even tho that little solution pipe that is attached to it is a royal pain in the ars*!! when it comes to doing the edging)

I use mine to great effect for doing behind toilets, and other tight spaces for example, the space between the side of an immpossible to move wardobe and the wall. If your wand is to wide for it etc

You should save your pennies wayne and buy the CFR hand tool. They are a tad pricey at around £350 after VAT but they last YEARS (aparantly) and as soon as you use one you'll think its the best money you spent :)

IMO does a better cleaning job than the drimaster handtool and the drying times are great once you have mastered it.

Tony

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 09:57:54 pm »
John Kelly is getting some internal jet upholstery tools in from the States I believe ask him about the sapphire systems hand tool or he may even have a internal jet pmf tool.

Shaun

Wayne Dean

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 03:10:51 pm »
CFR for me without a doubt is the best upholstery tool out there, make's life so much easier and efficient!

Wayne

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:40:46 pm »
Wayne

Of course it is! it’s mine  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

JandS

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:21:55 am »
Shaun

Is that the one with the 2 vacuum slots?
Looks tasty but bet the price is too if the
Dry Master tool is anything to go by.
£400 + the dreaded for 2 bits of hose
2 couplings and a hand tool is over the top.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.